Friends,

the Hub on my Key1 is down.
    Major Problem.
    The to: / cc: / subject: / field disappear completely if I try to write or forward an email.
    I run 5 e-mail accounts on my Hub.
    1 for urgent business (Microsoft Enterprise), 1 for imap, 3 for private also imap.
    The Hub is running the latest version, I cleaned up the cache, reinstalled the hub, resetted/restarted the phone with no result.
    I am getting pretty desperate and would be very grateful for help.
    The problem developed a week ago. The Key1 runs Android 8.1.0
    I love this phone. Really hope that there is a fix.
    11-21-21 11:16 AM
    Friends,

the Hub on my Key1 is down.
    Major Problem.
    The to: / cc: / subject: / field disappear completely if I try to write or forward an email.
    I run 5 e-mail accounts on my Hub.
    1 for urgent business (Microsoft Enterprise), 1 for imap, 3 for private also imap.
    The Hub is running the latest version, I cleaned up the cache, reinstalled the hub, resetted/restarted the phone with no result.
    I am getting pretty desperate and would be very grateful for help.
    The problem developed a week ago. The Key1 runs Android 8.1.0
    I love this phone. Really hope that there is a fix.
    This is about the 10th thread about this in the last month.

The issue is that the HUB is no longer working well with Webview on Android 8.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    11-21-21 12:04 PM
    This is about the 10th thread about this in the last month...
    Need a final final final... thread for this one also now . I am guessing that in Dec and Jan and Mar things are going to even more explode in here.
    11-21-21 12:47 PM
    This is about the 10th thread about this in the last month.

The issue is that the HUB is no longer working well with Webview on Android 8.
    Well, I don’t know what Webview is. So did a Google search and found out that it had to do with Chrome.
    Deleted Chrome and the problem disappeared.
    Reinstalled Crome and the problem is still gone???
    I hope it is not coming back but doubt it.
    If BlackBerry sells the Hub App in Google Play for money, it should work, should it not?
    Anyway, thanks for the answer.
    11-21-21 12:55 PM
    ...If BlackBerry sells the Hub App in Google Play for money, it should work, should it not?....
    BlackBerry has stated a deadline of March2022 for some of their apps if running on less than Android OS9. There is an assumption that these Hub/Inbox and webview/chrome "issues" probably also fall into related to some of that. The problem doesn't seem to happen on phones that are OS9 or above.
    11-21-21 01:04 PM
    OK 👌 did not know that.
    Thanks!
    11-21-21 01:11 PM
    Well, I don’t know what Webview is. So did a Google search and found out that it had to do with Chrome.
    If BlackBerry sells the Hub App in Google Play for money, it should work, should it not?
    Chrome can implement Webview, as can the separate Webview app.
    11-21-21 01:14 PM
    You can also simply disable Chrome in the Apps list from Settings. Then the system automatically switches to Webview. It will make the Chrome browser disappear and non-functional, but it's still installed so that all you have to do is find it in Apps and re-enable it again if needed.
    11-21-21 02:01 PM
    Yes, that's what I will do.
    I am actually using Keyboard Browser as my main Browser and Firefox as a secondary one.
    Serves me fine.
    11-21-21 02:07 PM
    what a pain in the azz. at least blackberry (rim) has acknowledged the issue as stated in another thread.

hopefully they're close to a fix.
    11-21-21 02:13 PM
    what a pain in the azz. at least blackberry (rim) has acknowledged the issue as stated in another thread.

Not saying they won't necessarily fix it, but they have dozens of abandoned knowledgebase issues that were to be fixed.
    11-21-21 03:14 PM

The fact that acknowledgment with temporary fix reads like a rehash from several CB posts leads me to believe that's as good as it's going to get.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-21 05:47 PM
    The fact that acknowledgment with temporary fix reads like a rehash from several CB posts leads me to believe that's as good as it's going to get.

Posted via CB10
    The problem resides somewhere within in Android WebView and Chrome (see reviews in Webview in GPS) This is NOT just affecting Blackberry's or the HUB/Inbox and weirdly its not affecting all users
    11-21-21 08:15 PM
    I'd rather have the hub and my emails running smoothly vs convenience of chrome and having my logins saved, etc.

I guess onto Firefox.

off topic- why did Google, masters of the universe, only release 3 boring colours for the pixel pro?
    11-21-21 08:56 PM
    Not saying they won't necessarily fix it, but they have dozens of abandoned knowledgebase issues that were to be fixed.
    Hey they've also surprised us a few times......fingers crossed.
    11-21-21 08:57 PM
    The problem resides somewhere within in Android WebView and Chrome (see reviews in Webview in GPS) This is NOT just affecting Blackberry's or the HUB/Inbox and weirdly its not affecting all users
    I understand that Google is handling Android issues as would be expected. My expectation is that BlackBerry Limited is really concerned from their side though.
    11-22-21 08:29 AM
    Last night an update came in the PlayStore for the BlackBerry Hub. And some other BlackBerry Apps. Perhaps this will solve the problems. (I am a Betatester).
    But I also should say that after deleting & reinstalling Chrome last week, the problem was gone anyway. At the moment my "beloved" Key1 works flawless.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-25-21 01:13 AM
    The most important thing if you're still using a K1 is to disable all BlackBerry Apps. They're pigs and they eat up all your device resources.
    11-25-21 10:31 AM
    Well, I never noticed and that is the last thing I will do.
    11-26-21 04:39 PM
    The most important thing if you're still using a K1 is to disable all BlackBerry Apps. They're pigs and they eat up all your device resources.
    ?? The Hub/Inbox are reasons for still enjoying and using my BE KeyOne. The calendar integration with the swipe down from Inbox is genius. They are also paramount apps on my Samsung A71. None of them eat up resources or hamper said devices in any way. I have tried all the other options and none do things as well for me and my needs.
    11-26-21 08:39 PM
    Fair enough. They were the first things I always disabled on my K1 as I preferred different mail apps and a more stock Android experience.

Android hub back in 2017-2018 was a much better experience IMO.
    11-26-21 08:56 PM
    Fair enough. They were the first things I always disabled on my K1 as I preferred different mail apps and a more stock Android experience.

Android hub back in 2017-2018 was a much better experience IMO.
    First thing I disable on any/all of my Android devices is Chrome. That in my experience is a resource hog. I do prefer Google's calendar (across all my devices), Contacts, Maps and Messages (on my BE). I use Samsung browser as a replacement with AdBlock and Duck Duck Go as the search engine.
    11-26-21 09:31 PM
    First thing I disable on any/all of my Android devices is Chrome. That in my experience is a resource hog. I do prefer Google's calendar (across all my devices), Contacts, Maps and Messages (on my BE). I use Samsung browser as a replacement with AdBlock and Duck Duck Go as the search engine.
    Chrome is actually exceptionally efficient on the KEY devices since you need to be running 80% of it anyway via Webview.
    Last edited by conite; 11-26-21 at 09:43 PM.
    11-26-21 09:33 PM
    I use an iPhone Xs as well as my BlackBerry Key1 in parallel. One for business and one for private. Too bad I cannot use WhatsApp on both phones (with the same number). Yes, it's a pain to carry 2 phones. On both phones I run Office 360, Pipeline, Cloudya. on the iPhone I use Outlook as my Email hub. I just use the best of both worlds. But prefer the Key1 above everything.
    11-27-21 05:26 AM
    Not sure if already posted but the beta version of hub fixed what got messed up in prior updates. So far it works. There was no need to do anything else suggested here. I use the Key 1.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-21 07:11 PM