Never used original BB Hub, but I can say that in managing e-mails is the best client I've ever tried in Android or iOS.

I've been struggling with some lag on the Android OS, so I followed the recommendation of disabling HUB and Blackberry services. I then downloaded Outlook, which is surprisingly good, but missed some of the HUB features, like the "mark as read" on notification tray or postpone. Also, disabling didn't help with the unresponsiveness of my phone, so I enabled HUB back.

Now I can understand why many non-BB users pay to get this app on their phones. Only thing I would add is support to other platforms like Reddit.

By the way, does anyone know who develops this kind of things like the HUB, BB launcher, and other BB apps? TCL is only in charge of hardware, right?

Regarding my lag issues, I managed to solve them by disabling some startup apps (all-in-one toolbox), reducing animations, forcing GPU acceleration on 2D and some other tweaks I don't even remember.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-19-18 11:18 AM
    While personally taste will vary, and there are some excellent email apps on android, I would certainly put the Blackberry Hub against most of them.

While it's effectiveness in other areas may be of doubt, as an email client, one of the best.

I also pay for it on my non-BB device, and it's one of the reasons why while I'm considering making the jump to an iPhone, I'm holding off on it for now.

I would gladly continue using it if it was just rebranded as BlackBerry Email and left all the other functions (to create a more focused and lightweight application)
    04-19-18 11:24 AM
    While personally taste will vary, and there are some excellent email apps on android, I would certainly put the Blackberry Hub against most of them.

While it's effectiveness in other areas may be of doubt, as an email client, one of the best.

I also pay for it on my non-BB device, and it's one of the reasons why while I'm considering making the jump to an iPhone, I'm holding off on it for now.

I would gladly continue using it if it was just rebranded as BlackBerry Email and left all the other functions (to create a more focused and lightweight application)
    Absolutely. It may re-think it's model on an E-mail only app.
    04-19-18 11:49 AM
    It's the heart of a Blackberry. It is why many refuse to give up BB10.

Posted via CB10
    falbo and Legal Eagle like this.
    04-19-18 12:02 PM
    Original BlackBerry BB10 Hub is much better. That's why some users are going back to BB10. BB10 Hub is baked inside the OS but android hub is just an app.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-18 12:27 PM
    Original BlackBerry BB10 Hub is much better. That's why some users are going back to BB10. BB10 Hub is baked inside the OS but android hub is just an app.

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

For email I personally prefer using Aqua
    04-19-18 02:24 PM
    slightly off-topic, but is the all-in-one toolbox that you mention any good?
    04-19-18 03:27 PM
    BlackBerry Limited makes the Hub+ apps and licenses them to TCL
    04-19-18 04:20 PM
    This must be the quote of the day. It really should be Blackberry email, and dump all the other rubbish the Hub collects (which it doesn't handle particularly well). Sure you can choose what goes in (just email for me), but why waste development time on elements that android will never allow to be properly controlled.

I really wish blackberry would focus purely on business productivity, and leave the rest well alone.
    04-19-18 05:51 PM
    This must be the quote of the day. It really should be Blackberry email, and dump all the other rubbish the Hub collects (which it doesn't handle particularly well). Sure you can choose what goes in (just email for me), but why waste development time on elements that android will never allow to be properly controlled.

I really wish blackberry would focus purely on business productivity, and leave the rest well alone.
    God forbid.

There's nothing better than having one app on my homescreen that shows the red BlackBerry asterisk when any of my numerous messaging and social media apps have a notification.

I ain't down with the clutter. Like you said, you don't have them in the hub on your phone and that's just as good as if it was an email only app. No need to wish for less choice for us who like the hub for what it was meant to be. It's not called the HUB for nothing.
    the_boon and Sarek1701 like this.
    04-20-18 01:32 AM
    I just wished voicemails showed up in the HUB like it did on the previous BB's.
    04-20-18 01:36 AM
    God forbid.

There's nothing better than having one app on my homescreen that shows the red BlackBerry asterisk when any of my numerous messaging and social media apps have a notification.

I ain't down with the clutter. Like you said, you don't have them in the hub on your phone and that's just as good as if it was an email only app. No need to wish for less choice for us who like the hub for what it was meant to be. It's not called the HUB for nothing.
    Fair point, but you might just as well put all your social media apps into one folder for the same effect. Once you engage with a social media message, it opens the app anyway which doesn't make for a particularly fluid experience.

Email is great (but still not as good as with BB10 Hub) so it might make sense to focus on that surely.
    04-20-18 01:58 AM
    That and Blend for me, now that was a useful app that ought to be developed for android
    FF22 likes this.
    04-20-18 11:18 AM
    Fair point, but you might just as well put all your social media apps into one folder for the same effect. Once you engage with a social media message, it opens the app anyway which doesn't make for a particularly fluid experience.

Email is great (but still not as good as with BB10 Hub) so it might make sense to focus on that surely.
    Used BB10 from z10 to Passport and in my opinion.. It did nothing better than the hub on android.

Putting all apps in a folder.. not the same thing. That's what I did using other launchers cos the hub won't show the asterisk for other app notifications unless you're using the BlackBerry Launcher. It was a pain.
    04-20-18 12:04 PM
    Used BB10 from z10 to Passport and in my opinion.. It did nothing better than the hub on android.
    Sure it did. It was great at letting you know Blend was disconnected. Can't do that on Android.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-20-18 12:07 PM
    04-20-18 12:43 PM
    I just wished voicemails showed up in the HUB like it did on the previous BB's.
    That would be great actually. Along with just tapping the envelopes on unread emails and texts to mark as read.
    04-20-18 02:53 PM
    That would be great actually. Along with just tapping the envelopes on unread emails and texts to mark as read.
    I actually prefer now to swipe to toggle read status.
    04-20-18 03:19 PM
    I actually prefer now to swipe to toggle read status.
    True. I'll take the good with the bad on that one because I can swipe to flag emails which is convenient.
    04-20-18 03:32 PM
    True. I'll take the good with the bad on that one because I can swipe to flag emails which is convenient.
    Speaking of Swipe Actions, wouldn't it be great if swiping a Call Log item would initate a Call or Text? Swipe left for call, swipe Right for text!

Samsung devices has this feature in their dialer, from which Google can probably learns thing or two...
    04-20-18 04:51 PM
    slightly off-topic, but is the all-in-one toolbox that you mention any good?
    I’d like to hear others respond to that.

I had it installed. Never thought it did much. There were annoying pop up alerts I couldn’t seem to disable. I got rid of it.

Interested in alternatives if there are suggestions.
    Last edited by Frank Costanza; 04-21-18 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Typo
    04-21-18 07:26 AM
    like you I tried and uninstalled. I'm trying tune-up master which seems a little better, but it's hard to gauge if it actually does very very much.
    04-21-18 07:45 AM
    Not even close to the one on BB10, but still acceptable. I don't do email management on Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-18 12:28 PM
    BlackBerry Limited makes the Hub+ apps and licenses them to TCL
    Don't think that's the case since BlackBerry offers them for all android and ios devices. Just assuming that part of licensing the BlackBerry Name for devices that the apps are to be pre-loaded.
    04-21-18 03:28 PM
    Don't think that's the case since BlackBerry offers them for all android and ios devices. Just assuming that part of licensing the BlackBerry Name for devices that the apps are to be pre-loaded.
    Hub+ (Android only, preloaded on BlackBerry phones and TCL/BB Mobile phones) and BlackBerry UEM (iOS, Android) is by BlackBerry Limited. All software is by BlackBerry Limited and the Hardware is by BlackBerry Mobile.
    04-21-18 03:33 PM
26 12