In reply to BBd00d...

Very well said ... I'm in 100%. I'd honestly prefer that BlackBerry stay a smaller market share. But with the productivity software and privacy (no matter the OS) that makes them different. The softwares productivity features have value to me. I'll pay more within reason for the exclusivity.

And for those don't want to, that's cool to.

I'd even be in on the software just being licensed to any OS...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    04-22-16 10:39 AM
    Um, they can continue to sell the same thing over and over with gimmicky "new" features (that are not new) and charge you top dollar... You know what competition creates right? Well, there's no competition now. If Apple and Google can each hold 50% of the market, they both profit greatly from that, so they are comfortable where they are...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    You contradict yourself by saying there is no incentive to innovate and then stating that there are two companies competing for market share. If you're suggesting collusion between Apple and Google, you're paranoid. They'll continue to compete and the industry will move onward and upward without BlackBerry.
    04-22-16 11:55 PM
    You contradict yourself by saying there is no incentive to innovate and then stating that there are two companies competing for market share. If you're suggesting collusion between Apple and Google, you're paranoid. They'll continue to compete and the industry will move onward and upward without BlackBerry.
    They are not competing for marketshare. Not aggressively anyway. They are perfectly comfortable with 50% marketshare each. It'll give them more profits if they just maintain the status quo since it lowers the overhead than if they spend millions on trying to develop a new innovation just to get a little more.

If you really think there is competition in the market now and that there is so much innovation (strange how every phone in the market looks identical...) then hey, good for you. :-)

04-23-16 10:22 AM
    They are not competing for marketshare. Not aggressively anyway. They are perfectly comfortable with 50% marketshare each. It'll give them more profits if they just maintain the status quo since it lowers the overhead than if they spend millions on trying to develop a new innovation just to get a little more.

If you really think there is competition in the market now and that there is so much innovation (strange how every phone in the market looks identical...) then hey, good for you. :-)

I was warned in another thread not to even try with you, and now I see why.
    04-24-16 12:53 AM
    Lmao.

Posted via CB10
    asublimeday likes this.
    04-24-16 07:57 AM
    Well given that I already said that they are simply comfortable where they are the first time around, and then you replied saying they are competing still, you're right, maybe you shouldn't try if your reply will simply be stating a contradicting opinion without providing any substance to back it up... It is pretty pointless.

But if you care to show any proof that they are aggressively competing with innovation, please provide it, then it wouldn't be pointless. I'm not going to change my opinion just because someone said so. If people don't like that about me, then hey, so be it. I've changed my stance/opinion about these things many times on here before when the other person actually provided sufficient evidence that went against my thinking. I apologize if you've failed to do so but don't blame me for not just going along with your opinion despite that fact...

04-24-16 11:49 AM
56 123