Perhaps to shut up the multitudes on CB wondering why they don't attempt a full touch device in an already crowded market?
    LOL. You know those same people will cry that it needs to be decacore, snapdragass 9999 aloe vera gel-cooled, 5.499999" gorilla diamond plexiglass 9 with pre-release Android N, retina/fingerprint dual scan and priced $99 no contract with same advertising budget as iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 06:53 PM
    LOL. You know those same people will cry that it needs to be decacore, snapdragass 9999 aloe vera gel-cooled, 5.499999" gorilla diamond plexiglass 9 with pre-release Android N, retina/fingerprint dual scan and priced $99 no contract with same advertising budget as iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 07:08 PM
    These at least seem to be the devices confirmed by Chen in The National the other day: BlackBerry switches focus back on mid-range smartphone market | The National
    04-10-16 07:28 AM
    lol. You know those same people will cry that it needs to be decacore, snapdragass 9999 aloe vera gel-cooled, 5.499999" gorilla diamond plexiglass 9 with pre-release android n, retina/fingerprint dual scan and priced $99 no contract with same advertising budget as iphone.

Posted via cb10
    lololol 😂😂
    04-10-16 07:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    lmao... that should be the title of a sticky post in those device subforums:

"Post here if you think that angry burger needs to be decacore, snapdragass 9999 aloe vera gel-cooled, 5.499999" gorilla diamond plexiglass 9 with pre-release Android N, retina/fingerprint dual scan and priced $99 no contract with same advertising budget as iPhone."

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 08:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Honestly it reminds me of vultures circling over a carcass. Except it ain't a carcass yet.
    04-10-16 08:46 AM
    I think it is obvious why Blackberry would consider another touch screen phone. Most of former Blackberry users are now using touchscreen phones. Just give them a reason to come back in this iPhone/Samsung saturated market and they will. I can hardly wait.
    04-14-16 07:50 PM
    I think it is obvious why Blackberry would consider another touch screen phone. Most of former Blackberry users are now using touchscreen phones. Just give them a reason to come back in this iPhone/Samsung saturated market and they will. I can hardly wait.
    A lot of those former BB users though still would like to have physical keyboard though. The problem is that no other OEM provided the option.
    justisevery and anon(9721458) like this.
    04-14-16 08:57 PM
    What difference is there?? I'm only using a BB because of the keyboard. If it was no longer a choice, there are $150 phones from China with better specs than any BB phone that they would release at 3 times the price...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-15-16 07:19 AM
    What difference is there?? I'm only using a BB because of the keyboard. If it was no longer a choice, there are $150 phones from China with better specs than any BB phone that they would release at 3 times the price...

People who buy Chinese phones are fools. The first world's biggest competition and people want to give them the power to turn on microphones whenever and have access to everything you do on your phone. Pass.
    04-15-16 09:36 AM
    People who buy Chinese phones are fools. The first world's biggest competition and people want to give them the power to turn on microphones whenever and have access to everything you do on your phone. Pass.
    And where do you think the components to all of the other phones are made? Lol. It'll be the same as getting any other Android, and yes, they all already have their microphones always on. How do you think the OS knows when you say out loud "OK google"??

04-15-16 10:32 AM
    And where do you think the components to all of the other phones are made? Lol. It'll be the same as getting any other Android, and yes, they all already have their microphones always on. How do you think the OS knows when you say out loud "OK google"??

A collection of components is not the same as an assembled final product from a Chinese company. The microphone is on via Google, who I don't worry about as they are an American company and are only interested in advertising and selling me things.
    04-15-16 01:01 PM
    A collection of components is not the same as an assembled final product from a Chinese company. The microphone is on via Google, who I don't worry about as they are an American company and are only interested in advertising and selling me things.
    Don't forget the "security enhancements" they allowed the NSA to install on their OS's.

But unless you're suggesting that they put some hardware-only way to collect and transmit your data, then it still doesn't matter if the phone is built in China since the hardware is controlled by the OS you have installed, which is Android. If you're suspicious, you can simply install stock Android on it to remove any kind of loader or custom apps they could have put into the OS. Good idea actually if it's from China for the reasons you state.

04-15-16 03:10 PM
    A lot of those former BB users though still would like to have physical keyboard though. The problem is that no other OEM provided the option.
    Exactly, as soon as the option for a PKB became available I ran back to BlackBerry. With the way BlackBerry is trying to commit suicide hopefully some other maker will bring back a PKB if Chen changes his mind again.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-16-16 08:34 AM
    I take your point, but this only applies if they're fans of the Blackberry company. There's no reason to return to Blackberry for an all-touch, as a Blackberry Android all-touch offers no difference from any other all-touch android phone. In fact, it is unlikely to offer as good hardware (for the same price) as other android manufacturers are. I can see why Blackberry is making one - for the corporate customers who want an all-touch that work in an organization that only offers Blackberry phones.

However, to expect that they will make any sort of dent in the consumer market is probably just fantasy - think of HTC, Sony, Lenovo, Moto - they're all suffering, even though they sell millions more phones than Blackberry does.
    asublimeday likes this.
    04-16-16 11:43 AM
    You know, some of you guys are unreal. Some want PKB phones only, others say it's a dead market. You get others saying PKB is dead and BlackBerry should get with the times. Then you got those saying they don't need a phone for games but for work, and then you got others saying they need to compete with specs to play the latest games.

The high end flagship phone failed on price, but if it was $100 cheaper it would have been a good value. See, BlackBerry being on android now isn't the same as others on android. It offers security, it offers PKB, it offers productivity and there's no more app gap. Is it overpriced? Yes. Should BlackBerry be commanding a premium when it no longer has brand recognition? No. Is it a crap phone, or dumb idea, or anything bad for the market? Far from it.

Now they decide to go midrange. Are they competing on specs? Nope. Are they going to give you a $200 phone? No, and for those wanting one, go elsewhere. This will be a pair of phones that's meant to sell to people who need BlackBerry productivity at a price they can afford. And why not offer full touch? The market has clearly spoken about wanting full touch. I say Rome will be the classic reimagined on android, and Hamburg will be the successor to the Z30. This is how BlackBerry should be, going forward, but if you're expecting a them to compete on price or specs, I'm forwarning you that you'll be disappointed. Let's be real guys, they don't have the capacity, funding, or desire to compete with the bigger guys. They are trying to offer people an alternative android experience with a hopefully improved hub, dtek, productivity bar and timely security updates that no one else is offering these days.

Posted via CB10
    eggbertx3 and anon(9721458) like this.
    04-16-16 06:19 PM
    Great post. I agree with you 100%. It's frustrating to read posts from armchair CEOs who think BlackBerry should compete as all the other android handset makers. They all offer nothing better then their competitor then specs...thats why they rush our flagship with high end specs at lowest possible price. I don't think BlackBerry should fall into that game thus making just another android handset maker. Keep themselves unqiue with that they offer, and I don't think it's wrong they ask for a premium for what they produce.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 05:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Even if they do all that, there'll still be a dozen threads complaining that it should have been released with BB10 on it. "Or at least make it dual boot! Give us the option!"
    04-17-16 07:03 AM
    Even if they do all that, there'll still be a dozen threads complaining that it should have been released with BB10 on it. "Or at least make it dual boot! Give us the option!"
    The BB10 crowd will die off over the next year, mercifully for the other posters on these boards.
    04-17-16 08:18 AM
    The BB10 crowd will die off over the next year, mercifully for the other posters on these boards.
    More like mercifully for the big corporations. They'll be high-fiving that they'll be able to continue being comfortable with status quo and taking advantage of the consumers due to lack of competition. But yes, celebrate with them.

04-17-16 09:50 AM
    More like mercifully for the big corporations. They'll be high-fiving that they'll be able to continue being comfortable with status quo and taking advantage of the consumers due to lack of competition. But yes, celebrate with them.

How is it that you feel you're being taken advantage of?
    04-20-16 02:31 PM
    How is it that you feel you're being taken advantage of?
    Um, they can continue to sell the same thing over and over with gimmicky "new" features (that are not new) and charge you top dollar... You know what competition creates right? Well, there's no competition now. If Apple and Google can each hold 50% of the market, they both profit greatly from that, so they are comfortable where they are...

04-20-16 02:46 PM
    Um, they can continue to sell the same thing over and over with gimmicky "new" features (that are not new) and charge you top dollar... You know what competition creates right? Well, there's no competition now. If Apple and Google can each hold 50% of the market, they both profit greatly from that, so they are comfortable where they are...

My Passport and iPhone are sitting pretty comfortably on this 13 inch MacBook Air lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 07:40 PM
    My Passport and iPhone are sitting pretty comfortably on this 13 inch MacBook Air lol.

Posted via CB10
    You are one of the few who have anything other than Apple or Android, lol. Me too obviously.

04-21-16 08:54 AM
    I'm don't understand why they would attempt a full touch device in an already crowded market.

Posted via CB10
    Because some people are still waiting for an affordable all touch Android phone by Blackberry.

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.2.2474
    04-21-16 09:18 AM
56 123