I recently noticed that lots of you are so pessimistic about the release of this, or let's say, not that interested, Why?

Did the most recent management comments destroy the beautiful dream or you know something else?.
    10-31-16 08:41 PM
    I am excited for it.

Posted with my  Classic
    10-31-16 09:19 PM
    I'm pretty sure that most BB users that love the PKB are hyped about the device. But similar to the Dtek60...I don't think they will see a lot of build up for the device.

I think most of the blackberry loyal take everything day by day
    10-31-16 09:42 PM
    Pessimistic < realistic
    Carjackd and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-31-16 10:19 PM
    Pessimistic in the sense that it won't be released or in the sense that it'll be a bad device? Most of the recent discussion is on the recent remarks about DTEK 60 being the last BB, hence Mercury never expected to be released
    10-31-16 10:43 PM
    Pessimistic in the sense that it won't be released or in the sense that it'll be a bad device? Most of the recent discussion is on the recent remarks about DTEK 60 being the last BB, hence Mercury never expected to be released
    Many fans now thinking the Mercury will never come out
    11-01-16 02:00 AM
    Everything was going well until Beard took the stage that's why
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-01-16 03:56 AM
    Every time they announce something they change everything. One day is out the next day we will never see it. The specs are not and the best for a phone. Plus if they price it as it is said they will price than it is not worth it (I mean almost 600 because it has pkb come on dude). Also every week it seems impossible to be release soon enough to cover the empty space that will appear once whatsup stops the support. I mean I could deal with it for a month if it was gonna be released in January but now I feel like it's gonna be released end of February close to March and I can't. I won't wait forever for a mediocre pkb phone from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    si001 and ariandax like this.
    11-01-16 04:54 AM
    Everything was going well until Beard took the stage that's why
    Yup.

Marty B said that the DTEK60 would be the last phone that BB brought to market. From which it's an obvious inference that BB are *not* going forward with the Mercury.

There's been some desperate attempts since by BB to muddy the waters and say that the D60 won't be the last BlackBerry (which is obviously true, because the licensee is building a BB-labelled phone with BB's software installed)... but Marty's original statement is still out there, hasn't been refuted, and is believed by many as being BB's true intent.

It's also completely consistent with what Chen said in the ER, about not being sure if he would go forward with the Mercury, which adds weight to what Marty said. It seems that Chen has now reached that decision.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-01-16 05:33 AM
    I fully expect the PKB android phone to come out around the time the Passport and Classic stock has dwindled to nothing. The current pricing of these devices is meant to clear them out. I wouldn't rule out a special Christmas incentive either.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 07:01 AM
    Everyone is either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic. In regards to the pessimism, there's just a lot of people who seem like if they end up being right about something it makes them feel better about themselves, so they'll take a hard stance on something that seems likely to happen in their opinion, hoping that it would come true, even if that "prediction" is a bad one, the fact that they are correct would off-set whatever downsides that outcome would have. Regards to the optimism, just wishful thinking I suppose, lol. Hopefully we get a decent pkb device soon, but who knows at this point, it seems like we get messages all over the place on that issue...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-01-16 07:24 AM
    Again this is all BlackBerry PR's fault. It is such a mess. One guy goes and says demo unit was well received, another goes and says this is the last BlackBerry device but it would be surprising not to see more. Head of these folks says he has not made up his mind.
    Then comes the head of marketing talking about brand management and marketing the outsourced handsets. I mean why would you tell such things to media?

Beard hit a fatal blow to whoever will produce BlackBerry branded handsets.
    Chen's talk was absolutely pointless.
    Thurber is either lying or I don't know why he would sound so contradicting to others.
    Menger saw the mess and tried to save somethings but he was clearly late to the party.

When looking at these folks you don't need to think too much why BlackBerry failed ). What a party.
    JeepBB and z3user like this.
    11-01-16 08:21 AM
    Again this is all BlackBerry PR's fault. It is such a mess. One guy goes and says demo unit was well received, another goes and says this is the last BlackBerry device but it would be surprising not to see more. Head of these folks says he has not made up his mind.
    Then comes the head of marketing talking about brand management and marketing the outsourced handsets. I mean why would you tell such things to media?

Thurber is either lying or I don't know why he would sound so contradicting to others.
    Menger saw the mess and tried to save somethings but he was clearly late to the party.

When looking at these folks you don't need to think too much why BlackBerry failed ). What a party.
    Yep, they are just all over the place. They should pick one narrative and stick with it... Then again, they did that with the Playbook and BB10 releasing on it... Nevermind...

11-01-16 08:53 AM
    Mixed messaging for devices is inevitable under the pretence of a single common theme: Software is the new BlackBerry. It is only about defending the reputation of the brand at this point...and what is left of their own (personal) credibility.
    11-01-16 08:53 AM
    If you are a true believer then what other people think shouldn't bother you and this is a non-issue.

If you have some doubts then you shouldn't be surprised if some others have even more doubts than you.

Unless, of course you, too, are pessimistic and want to be encouraged by others who are more optimistic than you.
    11-01-16 08:55 AM
    Sure appears that it is not gonna happen. Shame, I was really excited about Mercury, if the renders were close, have to believe would have sold as well or better than any previous PKB

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    11-01-16 08:59 AM
    Sure appears that it is not gonna happen. Shame, I was really excited about Mercury, if the renders were close, have to believe would have sold as well or better than any previous PKB

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully they are not merely blowing smoke up our butts (possibility) when they said that a pkb will be coming out in the next 6 months. And hopefully if one does it's a decent device. But we'll just have to wait and see...

11-01-16 10:26 AM
    Well we have the GeekBench and GFXBench leaks. Plus we have Thurber's word. Bla1ze seems to think it is coming, we can only hope it looks good .
    11-01-16 10:31 AM

John Chen - Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
    Marty Beard - Chief Operating Officer, BlackBerry
    Alex Thurber - SVP BlackBerry Device Sales

Have to wonder, if they'll even keep Alex onboard for much longer? They will need someone to oversee the IP licensing and to make sure any future BB devices meet their requirements. But that isn't the same as actual Device Sales. Anyway out of those three he's probably the last to know and in the most desperate position.

But none of them are the reason BlackBerry hardware has failed.... that happened seven or eight years ago. These guys have just struggled to "manage" the death of hardware and transition the company to something else.

Right now.... there is no way to know in what markets any future BlackBerry devices will be released (outside of Indonesia), or what those devices will be. Yes BlackBerry has the Mercury... if someone wants to license it and release it in a market they have licensed it for. Or if they want to take that design and adjust it to fit whatever market they are looking to release a BlackBerry in.

BUT.... 1st they'll need a "plan" to accomplish this with different results than what BlackBerry had.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-01-16 10:32 AM
    11-01-16 10:43 AM
    Hopefully they are not merely blowing smoke up our butts (possibility) when they said that a pkb will be coming out in the next 6 months. And hopefully if one does it's a decent device. But we'll just have to wait and see...
    Speaking of which I just picked up the magnetic power cable to keep my playbook going; the USB charging socket is getting a little erratic. And it's only 5 years old!

What's the level of credibility with the Inquirer? Fish wrapper or insider trading?
    11-01-16 11:14 AM
    Because they won't market it properly and it won't help the company stay in the phone market.
    11-01-16 11:20 AM
    Well we have the GeekBench and GFXBench leaks.
    That GeekBench post tells us very little. Who ran the benchmark? Was it actually on a Mercury or a PKB phone?
    For all we know it could be a proof-of-concept for someone considering a license. It could also be a hoax.
    11-01-16 11:29 AM
    John Chen - Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
    Marty Beard - Chief Operating Officer, BlackBerry
    Alex Thurber - SVP BlackBerry Device Sales

Have to wonder, if they'll even keep Alex onboard for much longer? They will need someone to oversee the IP licensing and to make sure any future BB devices meet their requirements. But that isn't the same as actual Device Sales. Anyway out of those three he's probably the last to know and in the most desperate position.

But none of them are the reason BlackBerry hardware has failed.... that happened seven or eight years ago. These guys have just struggled to "manage" the death of hardware and transition the company to something else.

Right now.... there is no way to know in what markets any future BlackBerry devices will be released (outside of Indonesia), or what those devices will be. Yes BlackBerry has the Mercury... if someone wants to license it and release it in a market they have licensed it for. Or if they want to take that design and adjust it to fit whatever market they are looking to release a BlackBerry in.

BUT.... 1st they'll need a "plan" to accomplish this with different results than what BlackBerry had.
    They are part of the reasons to why BlackBerry had failed. Chen did not take over yesterday. Well by looking at their words outsourcing was part of the plan and had been in talks for over a year. I expect them to have a decent enough of a plan, not BSing on media. Thurber just joined the company so I don't see any reason for him to be desperate.
    11-01-16 11:35 AM
    That GeekBench post tells us very little. Who ran the benchmark? Was it actually on a Mercury or a PKB phone?
    For all we know it could be a proof-of-concept for someone considering a license. It could also be a hoax.
    Well codename is somewhat in line. Why would anyone care to hoax BlackBerry fans?
    Anyways debating whether a leak is authentic or not is simply pointless. Don't see the need to dismiss or accept it. Leak is a leak.
    11-01-16 11:39 AM
86 123 ...