As we are lot of BlackBerry historical users and fans wondering what is going on and if BlackBerry still consider their users as respected followers or just money wallets.

Hope BlackBerry read and act.

Still on June security patch
    Still no Oreo
    Still no bugs fixes
    Still no enhanced software features like on other widely market phone (even low end)

Still no communication
    Still no planning respected
    Still nothing giving hope and faith in BlackBerry

PRD-63117-23
    ABA693
    5 June 2018
    Android 7.1.1
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-18 06:33 AM
    Android Oreo 8.1 is the only thing we have to look forward to for the KeyOne. Hopefully, the rest of the devices get their updates soon.
    10-24-18 01:44 PM
    Blackberry commitment is joke but I like their keyboard.
    FF22 and jope28 like this.
    10-24-18 06:07 PM
    As we are lot of BlackBerry historical users and fans wondering what is going on and if BlackBerry still consider their users as respected followers or just money wallets.
    The entire situation is the answer to "what would you do for a physical keyboard".

Except for Motion owners, I'm not sure what's going on there.
    RoseBud68 and jope28 like this.
    10-24-18 06:11 PM
    The entire situation is the answer to "what would you do for a physical keyboard".

Except for Motion owners, I'm not sure what's going on there.
    What BlackBerry Android are you currently using?
    10-24-18 10:59 PM
    What BlackBerry Android are you currently using?
    Since I'm not willing to put up with all of TCL's baggage to type on plastic, none.
    10-25-18 01:38 AM
    Since I'm not willing to put up with all of TCL's baggage to type on plastic, none.
    Gentlemen, here's my nomination for "best post of 2018"

Posted via CB10
    jope28, Dunt Dunt Dunt and Al Paca like this.
    10-25-18 02:15 AM
    they'll be comin'round the mountain when they come...
    FF22 likes this.
    10-25-18 03:29 AM
    Timely security updates don't matter remotely as much to my overall smartphone satisfaction as the PKB experience.
    10-25-18 04:17 AM
    Wow. I figured you would have all of them lol.
    10-25-18 08:47 AM
    PRD-63117-23
    ABA693
    5 June 2018
    Android 7.1.1
    Same for PRD-63116-20.

It's funny though the way BBmobile handles the issue. If you post a picture of your BB by BBMO let's say on instagram, you get a like from them. If you ask what's going on with you update.... [insert crickets chirping]
    10-25-18 09:17 AM
    I know they said Sprint Keyone isn't getting oreo according to the rep but do you think the silence from verizon is definitive? According to bb mobile they told me generically that every unlocked Keyone is getting oreo. If this is true is there an autoloader we could use? Sorry if this is redundant. I like the key2 le but really want a Keyone

Posted via CB10
    10-25-18 09:19 AM
    Wow. I figured you would have all of them lol.
    The DTEK60 was enough to sour me on the whole partnership deal, it's sitting comfortably in a drawer next to my old Priv.
    10-25-18 10:19 AM
    The DTEK60 was enough to sour me on the whole partnership deal, it's sitting comfortably in a drawer next to my old Priv.
    Different deal. TCL and BlackBerry Mobile had nothing to do with that device besides building it for BlackBerry. The licencing deal is a different agreement all together.
    10-25-18 10:26 AM
    PRD-63117-23
    ABA693
    5 June 2018
    Android 7.1.1
    Same for PRD-63116-20.

It's funny though the way BBmobile handles the issue. If you post a picture of your BB by BBMO let's say on instagram, you get a like from them. If you ask what's going on with you update.... [insert crickets chirping]
    I see ABD796 is on the server for PRD-63116-20: https://tclota.birth-online.de/
    10-25-18 10:43 AM
    I see ABD796 is on the server for PRD-63116-20: https://tclota.birth-online.de/
    Yes, it's been seating there for quite a while, no release date though...
    10-25-18 11:09 AM
    Still no news from BlackBerry
    Still no update
    Still no security patch
    10-29-18 05:31 PM
    Still no news from BlackBerry
    Still no update
    Still no security patch
    It will be offered in three weeks as Black Friday special....
    10-29-18 05:33 PM
    I've finally lost patience as well...at least for now. TCL keeps lowering the bar to own a keyboard. Three month (or worse) security patching was the last straw for me. I sold my Key2 and tried the LE for one night on a whim I might prefer the simplified keyboard. I returned it the next day thanks to the weak speaker.

Maybe I'll give them another chance once the Key3 comes out. I've done my part. That's four TCL BlackBerry phones for me in 16 months.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by panopticon; 10-29-18 at 07:24 PM.
    10-29-18 06:24 PM
    TCL is doing a great job turning the small BlackBerry user base off of BlackBerry's for good.
    jope28 likes this.
    10-29-18 06:26 PM
    TCL is doing a great job turning the small BlackBerry user base off of BlackBerry's for good.
    I'd like to upvote this!

If you take the BlackBerry Survey posted on the home page here right now...

Take the BlackBerry Mobile device owner survey and make your voice heard!

...you will see that one of the questions mentions Monthly Updates. I think it's a question related to what aspects of the device are important to you (can't remember exactly, I did the survey a couple of days ago). I think since March, when I got my phone, I've received maybe one or two timely updates. The schedule fell off of the tracks after the special Oreo prep update ABA676 was released in June.

I completely agree with the quoted comment above. People are attracted to the platform for specific reasons including the keyboard, timely updates, and excellent support. The company is doing a great job at brewing disenchantment among its early adopters; they're probably not going to get much loyalty among this crowd. In the survey, when asked how likely I was to recommend the device to a friend I rated it "1" -- the lowest I could rate. That was not the case back in early Spring when everything worked super swell on Nougat and security updates were rolling out.
    pgg101 likes this.
    10-29-18 07:11 PM
    After the company's turnaround
    Time for the fan's turnaround ?? !!
    10-30-18 03:05 PM
    What's the obsession with the updates?? You guys think every other OEM has the latest patch waiting on the 1st of every month on every device variant?

If you're here, it's mostly for the PKB. That's the most important aspect of these KEY phones. If that and all the hardware components work fine, isn't that what matters most?

Typing on glass doesn't get more satisfying on newer security Updates I believe...

The updates will come sooner or later. They committed to 3 years since it's on the Android Enterprise Recommended Program.
    10-30-18 05:16 PM
    What's the obsession with the updates?? You guys think every other OEM has the latest patch waiting on the 1st of every month on every device variant?

If you're here, it's mostly for the PKB. That's the most important aspect of these KEY phones. If that and all the hardware components work fine, isn't that what matters most?

Typing on glass doesn't get more satisfying on newer security Updates I believe...

The updates will come sooner or later. They committed to 3 years since it's on the Android Enterprise Recommended Program.
    They been promoting monthly security updates for a long time. I have old LG V20 phone getting updates like every 6 months but latest one is from September 2018. That's semi annual update, not monthly.
    Yass85 and FF22 like this.
    10-30-18 05:23 PM
    They been promoting monthly security updates for a long time. I have old LG V20 phone getting updates like every 6 months but latest one is from September 2018. That's semi annual update, not monthly.
    It's obvious monthly updates have been discontinued. BlackBerry Android phones haven't had monthly updates since the PRIV. Well I suppose you could say EVER...but the PRIV definitely came closest.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-18 07:26 PM
77 123 ...