is the black keyone faster than the silver
    09-24-17 04:15 PM
    Good question, I also tried to look for it, couldn't find any reviews
    09-24-17 04:17 PM
    The question needs more details. I believe that there are THREE Black Keyones. I THINK the AT&T unit is exactly the same as the Silver except it is black. There is the new Black KeyOne with an extra gig of memory and space and there's the India Black KeyOne which also has more capacity and the Dual Sim slot.
    09-24-17 05:09 PM
    I have a silver one CDMA Verizon now one week old. I noticed the 3gb memory is avg. 97 percent full. I also notice Lag in screen changing. I am a business uses IE no games and lite streaming.

I am asking if the ATT Black version would help the rag time.
    Thanks
    09-24-17 05:40 PM
    I have a silver one CDMA Verizon now one week old. I noticed the 3gb memory is avg. 97 percent full. I also notice Lag in screen changing. I am a business uses IE no games and lite streaming.

I am asking if the ATT Black version would help the rag time.
    Thanks
    No cause the AT&T has the same spec as the silver.
    09-24-17 05:43 PM
    The black AT&T version has identical specs as the silver CDMA version so I doubt it would have any less lag time. My AT&T KEYONE is typically at 2.4 of 2.8 gig memory and I experience no lag at all.
    09-24-17 05:46 PM
    unlocked silver international version KEYᵒⁿᵉ for tmobile. 2.4-2.7 out of 2.8gig occupied all the times, and I have experienced significance lag quite often. so I'm rebooting(holding power button for 32 sec) it every two days or so to clear cache and to kinda reset it. and it seems to help.

with this resetting habit, I do not see any lags unless I use youtube and google map at the same time with split screen.

my wife's s8 never sees a lag with split screen for gmap and youtube at the same time although she never reboot her phone unless its out of the battery.

so I am quite sure that this lag is due to the insufficient ram, so I already placed an order for black KEYᵒⁿᵉ with 4gb ram for resolving this lagging issue. + the original KEYᵒⁿᵉ just got water damage few days ago, but I was going to replace it anyway.

I dont play any game(not even installed), just using youtube, chrome, google map, waze, android auto, kakaotalk, google mail and calendar synced with 5 accounts, pebble, beautiful widget(weather), BlackBerry task, BlackBerry notes and thats all.

and I dont think 3gb ram is ever sufficient for this much of business and communication uses.... 4gb is the minimum for todays phone with business use unless you only use ur phone for calling and emailing... :x
    09-24-17 09:21 PM
    Never had any lag with my silver running about 2.2g running business apps. Never have heard of it either from work colleagues. Maybe you need to factory reinstall or not transfer from a backup.
    09-24-17 09:58 PM
    unlocked silver international version KEYᵒⁿᵉ for tmobile. 2.4-2.7 out of 2.8gig occupied all the times, and I have experienced significance lag quite often. so I'm rebooting(holding power button for 32 sec) it every two days or so to clear cache and to kinda reset it. and it seems to help.

with this resetting habit, I do not see any lags unless I use youtube and google map at the same time with split screen.

my wife's s8 never sees a lag with split screen for gmap and youtube at the same time although she never reboot her phone unless its out of the battery.

so I am quite sure that this lag is due to the insufficient ram, so I already placed an order for black KEYᵒⁿᵉ with 4gb ram for resolving this lagging issue. + the original KEYᵒⁿᵉ just got water damage few days ago, but I was going to replace it anyway.

I dont play any game(not even installed), just using youtube, chrome, google map, waze, android auto, kakaotalk, google mail and calendar synced with 5 accounts, pebble, beautiful widget(weather), BlackBerry task, BlackBerry notes and thats all.

and I dont think 3gb ram is ever sufficient for this much of business and communication uses.... 4gb is the minimum for todays phone with business use unless you only use ur phone for calling and emailing... :x
    Not sure just 1GB of RAM will make that much difference.... Let us know if it does, or doesn't.
    09-26-17 12:03 PM
    My answer: BLACK! The reasons:

- more RAM/Flash
    - and a slightly better hardware keyboard - the keys are feeling a little bit better on pressing them, than the ones of the first silver editions. Also the noise is nicer :-)

I am totally satisfied with my new black edition!
    09-26-17 12:25 PM
    You have black, of cause black is better for you, any comparison, black and silver?
    09-26-17 12:56 PM
    Mr Mobile's review indicated that he couldn't see a difference in performance between the two.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-26-17 01:12 PM
    I would buy black because of extra 1gb of ram. There should be no performance difference. Maybe a little bit better in multitasking
    09-26-17 10:30 PM
    I have a 4gb guy and I just noticed my ram usage according to the built in monitors say I was at 3.1 used in the past 3Hrs. the phone was constantly smooth.
    09-26-17 11:34 PM
    The extra ram is great, but for me the 64gb internal memory makes an even bigger difference. No more SD card required...at least for now. Lol.
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-27-17 01:06 AM
    ...- and a slightly better hardware keyboard - the keys are feeling a little bit better on pressing them, than the ones of the first silver editions. Also the noise is nicer :-)...!
    Seriously, the keyboard is also different? I've never read this somewhere else so far, so that's interesting! I think it's time for me to check out some shop where they have both on display.

Waiting for K1 rev.1
    09-27-17 04:42 PM
    My answer: BLACK! The reasons:

- more RAM/Flash
    - and a slightly better hardware keyboard - the keys are feeling a little bit better on pressing them, than the ones of the first silver editions. Also the noise is nicer :-)

I am totally satisfied with my new black edition!
    Can you elaborate on just how the black edition's keyboard is better?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 12:40 AM
    the keyboard is a little bit smoother and more defined. the key feedback to the fingers is a little bit more soft. all keys are feeling the same. no key does some strange noise (which I had on my silver one). the over all quality is higher than the one of the first series (I got my silver one as one of the first persons in Germany and I asume that this was one of the 0 series or even the first series)
    09-28-17 04:42 AM
    the keyboard is a little bit smoother and more defined. the key feedback to the fingers is a little bit more soft. all keys are feeling the same. no key does some strange noise (which I had on my silver one). the over all quality is higher than the one of the first series (I got my silver one as one of the first persons in Germany and I asume that this was one of the 0 series or even the first series)
    I just received black one yesterday, I would confirm that the keyboard is almost same as the silver one beside slight quality variation that I also noticed with my other three(-_-:: due to screen lift) silvers.

All of my three had slight different feeling on touching and pressing + few noise with a few keys such as 'n', 'k', 'm' . (Mostly on right sides)

And actually the third silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ didn't have any noisy key at all while this new black one has a littler squeaky 'n' key. but I can live with it and I would accept this as a normal variation.

However, 1gb extra ram does make a difference. It's little early since it has been only 24 hours, but the phone didn't lag at all while I was using multi windows with YouTube and Google map for 1 hour during commute yesterday. It says 3.1gb ram used for past 24 hours, and it occupied 3.5 gb ram out of 4gb at the most while I was multitasking hard according to the 3rd part app. I used Google map, YouTube, ms Excel, hub(email), browser(samsung browser beta at Google store is actually better than chrome in ram management) and few other apps on recent screens.

Now I might not have to clear recent screen so often nor reboot the phone every few days to keep it run smooth.

So far I'm very pleased with this black KEYᵒⁿᵉ and KEYᵒⁿᵉ should came like this at the first place.
    Last edited by destiny.seeker; 09-28-17 at 09:19 AM.
    09-28-17 07:17 AM
    From a color perspective, I will get the silver version. That is because when I had the OG passport, they dropped a silver edition and I wished I had that one instead. BB10 was pretty much on death row at that point.

So this time around, I will get the silver Keyone. I have always had black colored blackberries anyway; why not branch out right?
    FF22 likes this.
    09-28-17 03:28 PM
    From a color perspective, I will get the silver version. That is because when I had the OG passport, they dropped a silver edition and I wished I had that one instead. BB10 was pretty much on death row at that point.

So this time around, I will get the silver Keyone. I have always had black colored blackberries anyway; why not branch out right?
    Get the silver...if you can deal with the very bulky top block, which is much less annoying when blacked out imo
    09-28-17 03:40 PM
    The black version is by far the best value for the money. For just a bit more you get one third more ram, double the storage, and guaranteed to have better build quality and no screen lift. These factors will also help with the resale value...silver one will depreciate faster because of potential for screen lift issues, and lower specs.
    09-29-17 08:55 AM
    The best place to buy black edition?
    09-29-17 09:58 AM