Just got an email back from Axiom Telecom telling me that the Gold Plated version of the K1 was available to buy, but the link took me to a page saying it wasn't.
    Probably sold out immediately, right?

I've sent an email asking for clarification and there are two things that would put me off:

1) Would an UAE device be compatible in the EU? any ideas?

2) The keyboard seems to have arabic script on it. I want them to say if they have a Qwerty KB.

Black trumps silver for some, but for me, as it's not over the top bling bling, the gold version trumps silver and black.
    08-02-17 08:05 AM
    Pretty sure this was a 3rd Party doing the Gold Plating.... you can find customizers most anywhere.
    08-02-17 09:01 AM
    Arabic is qwerty with Arabic characters next to the English ones!
    You won't even notice them after the first day! They're small!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 09:09 AM
    Just got an email back from Axiom Telecom telling me that the Gold Plated version of the K1 was available to buy, but the link took me to a page saying it wasn't.
    Probably sold out immediately, right?

I've sent an email asking for clarification and there are two things that would put me off:

1) Would an UAE device be compatible in the EU? any ideas?

2) The keyboard seems to have arabic script on it. I want them to say if they have a Qwerty KB.

Black trumps silver for some, but for me, as it's not over the top bling bling, the gold version trumps silver and black.
    I think the Black KEYone with with Gold Accents would be awesome. Gold ring around camera lens, logo, lit letters and frets. The Black helps Gold pop out more .
    08-02-17 01:29 PM
    I think the Black KEYone with with Gold Accents would be awesome. Gold ring around camera lens, logo, lit letters and frets. The Black helps Gold pop out more .
    Like the Xiaomi Mi6

BLACK? No. GOLD PLATED. Yes, but....-xiaomi-mi-6-official-06-w782.jpg

BLACK? No. GOLD PLATED. Yes, but....-c9wpof2uqaaczpu.jpg
    08-02-17 01:38 PM
    Like the Xiaomi Mi6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xiaomi-mi-6-official-06-w782.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	428152

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428153[ia/ATTACH]
    I think the Key-One would look better , the Xiaomi has to fine of lines on it and to polished. I like brushed aluminum black with 24K gold on Key-one.
    08-02-17 03:31 PM
    I think the Key-One would look better , the Xiaomi has to fine of lines on it and to polished. I like brushed aluminum black with 24K gold on Key-one.
    Oh yeah and why not BlackBerry's signature woven glass back like Z30.
    08-02-17 03:39 PM
    If gold is your cup of tea, go for it when available. I haven't seen the actual gold plated phone to which you referred, but I would hope the horizontal frets separating the keys would also be gold plated. Otherwise it would look kind of cheap, rather than premium. Good luck, and post a pic when you get it!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-02-17 08:09 PM
    If gold is your cup of tea, go for it when available. I haven't seen the actual gold plated phone to which you referred, but I would hope the horizontal frets separating the keys would also be gold plated. Otherwise it would look kind of cheap, rather than premium. Good luck, and post a pic when you get it!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    Glad you like you KEYone!!!!
    I need to be sure I can use it in Europe. RE: availability this is the email that just arrived:
    Dear Simon B______,

Thank you for contacting Axiom Telecom,

Kindly be informed that since this is special edition this is receiving very limited quantity and finishes very quickly . Right the pre order is started for the device which we are expecting stock by 20th of August.
    For any more assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    Axiom Telecom Support team
    Here's the link:
    https://www.axiomtelecom.com/blackbe...25965-cat.html
    So put the date in your diaries!!!
    08-03-17 07:35 AM
    What sound does the keyone gold edition make when you call it?
    08-03-17 07:48 AM
    08-03-17 12:35 PM
    nearly. wait for it.

bling, bling...

ok. i'll get my hat...
    08-03-17 12:39 PM
    Probably the gold-plated BlackBerry KEYone sounds like Kim Kardashian, I mean a cheap crack wh*re, during a s*x act. What?!? You expected the smartphone to play ( ) when it rings? :smile:
    08-04-17 07:06 AM