When the screen is slightly depressed in/or around the clock widget I get a click or creak noise on the black edition 039 Canadian model. This is my second black one both with the same issue and shipped from different warehouses in Canada. Both have the same September 14 build date.

I'll be returning both under the assumption this will be rectified in later batches and it could present an issue later although the performance is currently unaffected e.g. the digitizer might be separating.

My silver devices did not do this so I suspect its a flaw on a run of screens.

Wondering if others are experiencing something similar?
    Last edited by mhw100; 10-25-17 at 11:24 AM.
    10-24-17 07:09 PM
    Update. Just received my 3rd Black edition and it does not have the faulty screen...so far. Same Sept 14 build date as the previous 2 units that were making a screen click/sound. Digitizer and glass are silent.
    10-25-17 11:26 AM
    I had this same issue on the first day. In my case though I traced the creaking to the back of the phone, near the BlackBerry logo. It seems to have gone away since.
    10-26-17 01:12 AM
    I had this same issue on the first day. In my case though I traced the creaking to the back of the phone, near the BlackBerry logo. It seems to have gone away since.
    I had the back creak on a silver that went away too. The glass issue on the black is different and not going away. Given the early screen issues I returned both blacks.
    10-26-17 09:25 AM
    Just curious...where did you get your Black Edition phones from? The reason I ask is because, when I check the inventory on some of the Canadian retailers that are selling this model, their inventory on their website goes up and down like a Yo-Yo. I'm half wondering if they're taking returned units and placing them back into saleable inventory.
    10-27-17 09:08 AM
    I don't think that can happen. The two replacements were blueshop and Amazon. I would never order from cdw, Newegg or pc Canada given their restrictive return policy.
    10-27-17 09:40 AM
    Just curious...where did you get your Black Edition phones from? The reason I ask is because, when I check the inventory on some of the Canadian retailers that are selling this model, their inventory on their website goes up and down like a Yo-Yo. I'm half wondering if they're taking returned units and placing them back into saleable inventory.
    Exactly.

I'm worried that the new phone I'm buying is actually someone's return due to some issue.
    10-27-17 11:11 AM
    Exactly.

I'm worried that the new phone I'm buying is actually someone's return due to some issue.
    I don't believe that is allowed but I'm not sure. The factory seal would almost be impossible to replicate so I think you would know anyways.
    10-27-17 11:43 AM