I have a KEYone and tried to put the phone on the $40 a month Verizon International Travel Plan as I travel to Europe and Asia fairly often. I called Verizon while I was at home in the United States and now also while I am in London. Both times I have been told that they can't but me on an International Travel Plan because the phone is a third party phone not a Verizon branded phone. I have been told that I can only use the Verizon pay as go plan or purchase a local SIM from another provider.

The phone is my main number for work so switching out the SIM to a local number does not work for me, and the pay as you go plan is very expensive - I use data while traveling as my work emails come through the phone. I was on the $40 plan with no problems using my VZ BB classic.

Has anybody been successful in putting a BB KEYone on a Verizon International Plan?
    07-09-17 03:31 PM
    Not understanding why they can't give you a Sim to put in the phone while you're traveling. They do it w/ several phones. Bet they would do it for an iPhone or Samsung and those aren't branded.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-17 05:51 PM
    I have a KEYone and tried to put the phone on the $40 a month Verizon International Travel Plan as I travel to Europe and Asia fairly often. I called Verizon while I was at home in the United States and now also while I am in London. Both times I have been told that they can't but me on an International Travel Plan because the phone is a third party phone not a Verizon branded phone. I have been told that I can only use the Verizon pay as go plan or purchase a local SIM from another provider.

The phone is my main number for work so switching out the SIM to a local number does not work for me, and the pay as you go plan is very expensive - I use data while traveling as my work emails come through the phone. I was on the $40 plan with no problems using my VZ BB classic.

Has anybody been successful in putting a BB KEYone on a Verizon International Plan?
    Just curious if you enabled the International Plan with another phone and then merely swapped the sim card back into the Keyone? Is it the Sim or the IMEI number that gets registered?
    jgreenholtz likes this.
    07-09-17 09:28 PM