Well a few days ago Blaze posts this deal for the Black Edition KeyOne and I read it over. That led to some hours on YouTube and reading reviews and forum posts. My mother in law kicked down a 50 dollar Amazon gift card to me for Christmas that I really did not give much thought about. (until the post) After considering and going back and forth as to why I absolutely do not need another mobile phone I could not shake just how bad *** the Black Edition KeyOne looks. (Marques Brownlee did not help either with his random sample photo user choice and the KeyOne knocking off all but 2 or 3 of the latest flagships with 5 million voters)

I absolutely enjoy using my S9 with HUB, VKB and all the positive attributes it has for an all touch. The issue is, no matter how fast or great a screen is on an all touch that's simply what it is and all the top and midrange are damn near identical. Except maybe for additional lens's which I Pixel, Apple (daughter has the XR and it takes excellent photos), Samsung and the KeyOne have proven unnecessary with how good one lens can do.

So Monday I'll have yet another BlackBerry to use and type on with a physical keyboard. (I have owned and still have my 9000, 9700, 9900, Passport and Classic) I am very much looking forward to it as I have had my Classic and Passport out lately to charge and use. I realized just how much I missed those keys and that I like to flick type and scroll (One reason why I went with the KeyOne Black over the Key 2LE)

Price ( not affordability) for me is important, I am pragmatic and I love a deal. To me phones all do the same things these days and I have a perfectly good S9 (bought for 360 after my S7 trade in.) So with this in mind I just could not see paying Key2 prices to see if I like what BlackBerry Mobile is doing with a physical keyboard.

I'll be sure to post how thing's are going and my experience using the BE KeyOne. I'll also be looking for tips and tricks to make it as efficient and effective for my needs.

BlackBerry Mobile I am giving you a shot. I am hopeful I enjoy using it as much as many do here. And maybe if you keep building these beautiful physical keyboard devices more and more like myself will give you another shot realizing just how much we enjoyed using physical keyboards
    Sigewif, fkl_118 and RLeeSimon like this.
    01-20-19 01:02 AM
    So cool that you are getting a KEYone! I have had mine for about a year and a half. I have the silver edition and love it. The black edition is better spec'd than the silver, but I find the silver edition quite responsive.
    You will find some of the features the KEY2 has are also available on the KEYone after you download the updates.

Since you mentioned the camera I hope you drop some photos in the sticky thread of photos taken with the KEYone when you get a chance.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    01-20-19 03:03 AM
    I'll definitely post photos once I get up and running. I ordered it yesterday and it was on my porch this AM. 😁
    01-20-19 04:31 PM
    I'll definitely post photos once I get up and running. I ordered it yesterday and it was on my porch this AM. 😁
    I don't quite know what to say.... I'm now expecting blizzard conditions here in Florida though.....
    MB64 likes this.
    01-20-19 04:32 PM
    I don't quite know what to say.... I'm now expecting blizzard conditions here in Florida though.....
    How many flakes does Florida need?

Congrats @bh7171!
    RoseBud68 and RLeeSimon like this.
    01-20-19 09:15 PM
    You will love the Black edition..fantastice device and honestly better value right now than either the key 2 phones
    bh7171 likes this.
    01-20-19 09:26 PM
    I'll definitely post photos once I get up and running. I ordered it yesterday and it was on my porch this AM.
    We expect to hear something................
    01-20-19 11:31 PM
    I'll definitely post photos once I get up and running. I ordered it yesterday and it was on my porch this AM.
    Did you get lost in the Android ecosystem?
    01-21-19 02:46 PM
    Ha! No, just a busy Monday and no time yet to set up. What a gorgeous piece of hardware.
    01-21-19 03:01 PM
    Feels great in the hand. Can't wait to set up this afternoon
    Attached Thumbnails Bla1ze and my mother in law are to blame-black-berry-key-one-black.jpg  
    cbosdell likes this.
    01-21-19 03:08 PM
    Feels great in the hand. Can't wait to set up this afternoon
    Seriously, congratulations.... enjoy!!!
    01-21-19 05:04 PM
    Yayyyy
    01-22-19 01:53 PM
    Well I finally got everything set up as I wanted (clean install) not using a device switch method from my S9. It took time to add all my work and personal accounts and ensure critical emails for the week were accounted for.

My T-Mobile SIM was recognized and signal strength here in Sacramento CA from my office to home has been good. The speed difference for the things I use my mobile phone for between the S9 and this BE KeyOne is not noticeable or a hindrance to my usage in anyway. What is noticeable is the insane battery maintenance and longevity. Percentage barely moves with screen on and usage.

I think this LCD screen is very good. Yes I have quad HD AMOLED on my S9 but on a mobile phone I think we are beyond the ability to really tell except for the level of blacks.

My fingers are quickly acclimating to this very good capacitive keyboard. It's swiping abilities are useful and helpful.
    The ergonomics of this device are exceptional and I love the way if feels when using. It does not feel to heavy or unbalanced in any way in my hand. In fact it is really similar in size to my S9 except for thickness and it's closer with the Rugged Spigen case my all glass S9 necessitates.I prefer the build materials of this KeyOne.

I have only taken two photos of our dog in low light but it seems similar to my S9. I'll perform direct comparisons later.

Just after using on and off after work and now for a few hours as my primary I am impressed with Blackberry Mobile. If anyone reading here has thought, like I did, maybe I would like to try a PKB BlackBerry device pick up a KeyOne reasonably priced and I believe you will be most impressed.

My thanks to all that have shared their impressions and thoughts here in the forum and in reviews.

(One quick question. Where did the stock home and lock screen Wallpaper go after inserting my SIM? It was a cool black wallpaper all the while setting up with WiFi and now its apparently gone)
    Last edited by bh7171; 01-25-19 at 10:43 PM.
    BigBadWulf and the3maples like this.
    01-25-19 10:33 PM
    Interesting when I added the Google wall papers app the stock background was showing as wall paper on device (it is not one of the choices when going into settings and wallpapers) Cool enough as I was able to re-apply and use. My last full charge was over 8 hours ago. I have 3 hours and 6 minutes of on screen time with WiFi to and Bluetooth on for my Fitbit Versa and synching. I have 66 percent of the battery remaining. I have never had a device that manages battery life such as this BE KeyOne. Amazing. 😎
    01-26-19 08:42 PM
    I also ordered one. I had the the silver one and then the Key2. But the Key2 was horrible, the keyboard was out off control I got a refund and got a OnePlus 6T. This phone is great but I wanted a physical keyboard and the Le was a no deal because the lack of touch capacity on the keyboard. I hope that wifi calling and texting works with my mint Mobile SIM like it does on the 6T. If not might have to send it back
    01-27-19 03:37 PM
    This is the best forum title in years lol!
    falbo likes this.
    01-27-19 08:40 PM
    Thankful my wife is not on these forums. 😁 When she saw the order she was just shaking her head. I said hey "blame" your mom as she gave me the gift card. (We bought my mother in law a S7 edge in '17 so I am golden with her) Although my wife was impressed with this BE KeyOne hardware. She loved her last PKB 9900 but has since been good with all touch since her Z30. Now it's all Samsung touch divides for her with Blackberry HUB.
    BigBadWulf and moosbb like this.
    01-28-19 02:18 PM
    Oh, DUDE, you have NO idea!

Had to drop my truck off in the next town (about 1.5 hours south) for repairs this morning.
    Outside temp -24 with wind chill in the -38 range.
    Tomorrow is forecast to be even worse. I believe the wind chill will be -47.

Last week we had -41 actual air temp - my truck FREAKED - the electronics froze up.

All temperatures in Celcius, although at -40 the two scales meet, so it's just really freaking chilly out. I am very grateful that I never became a smoker, as they have to stand outside to have a smoke in this weather!
    01-28-19 04:52 PM
    how much did Bla1ze tip you for first billing in the title ??
    01-28-19 05:49 PM
    Oh, DUDE, you have NO idea!

Had to drop my truck off in the next town (about 1.5 hours south) for repairs this morning.
    Outside temp -24 with wind chill in the -38 range.
    Tomorrow is forecast to be even worse. I believe the wind chill will be -47.

Last week we had -41 actual air temp - my truck FREAKED - the electronics froze up.

All temperatures in Celcius, although at -40 the two scales meet, so it's just really freaking chilly out. I am very grateful that I never became a smoker, as they have to stand outside to have a smoke in this weather!
    Another cold front came through. It’s going to hit 35 F
    01-28-19 07:10 PM
    Another cold front came through. It’s going to hit 35 F
    Almost time to wear pants instead of shirts.
    Stay warm.
    01-29-19 10:20 AM
    Following up on my BE KeyOne experience. My device received the January security patch and all has been pretty much flawless. In the camera app it seemed to not always recognize when I was attempting to stop filming @ the recent KISS concert here in Sacramento. (which BTW was totally kick *** ) I did a power button 32 second reset and have not experienced any further delays. I have been slyly reading through the stickies thread and decided to enable developer options and reduce animations to .05. Wow- super cool and recommend to anyone. I have never said in comparison to my S9 this device was materially slower but with animations reduced I cannot really tell a difference in opening or using apps between this BE and my S9. (that just updated to PIE and Jan security patch) In fact I just cannot seem to take the SIM from my KeyOne to run the S9 for a bit. I am enjoying this PKB, battery life and phone that much.
    02-16-19 03:19 PM
    Almost time to wear pants instead of shirts.
    Stay warm.
    Thanks man. The hoodie or my sports coat have been getting used quite bit. I’ve even had to warm up truck couple of times so heat would be warm for daughter’s ride to school.
    02-16-19 03:32 PM