Wow I sold my Priv and got a Note 5 unlocked and have been really liking it and as the K1 was about to come out I even put one in my amazon cart May 30th and was a few minutes to late because I went back 30 minutes later and Sold OUT!
    Now reading all the bad news about the K1 I think I will pass totally, I have been a BB user for many years with many phones even that stupid flip phone they had, lol.

Unless I hear about good reviews this is a TYPICAL BLACKBERRY OF LATE try to launch a what looked like a sweet phone,
    95% of the reviews have been very positive. You may need to dig a little further.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-05-17 08:50 PM
    95% of the reviews have been very positive. You may need to dig a little further.

Posted via CB10
    I have and most everyone has issues with the KB lighting and keys not even working
    06-06-17 03:34 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile does need to bring back the pop up store at least in time for the release of the second device.

Posted via CB10
    Second device?

There they can't get a handle on their first.
    06-06-17 03:48 PM
    Now you've found at least one person who doesn't have it. I don't have any of the problems you've mentioned.
    06-06-17 04:42 PM
    I have and most everyone has issues with the KB lighting and keys not even working
    "Most everyone"are the few on this board . I have seen very few reports of this issue. The overwhelming majority don't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 04:46 PM
    Second device?

There they can't get a handle on their first.
    BlackBerry Mobile says another device may get launched before the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 05:07 PM
    Wow I sold my Priv and got a Note 5 unlocked and have been really liking it and as the K1 was about to come out I even put one in my amazon cart May 30th and was a few minutes to late because I went back 30 minutes later and Sold OUT!
    Now reading all the bad news about the K1 I think I will pass totally, I have been a BB user for many years with many phones even that stupid flip phone they had, lol.

Unless I hear about good reviews this is a TYPICAL BLACKBERRY OF LATE try to launch a what looked like a sweet phone,
    OK, I just have to speak up here. They announced pre-orders in Canada starting on May 18th. LATE IN THE DAY on the 18th, I went to Rogers and pre-ordered my phone. No problems.

I was told they would be shipping them around May 31. On May 31, I picked up my UPS package which was shipped on the 30th. RIGHT ON SCHEDULE. On May 31, I ordered a holster and USB C adapters from CB. On Friday June 2 both of those arrived.

Aside from fighting Android notification and SMS stupidity I have absolutely no complaints about the phone. It worked right away. I took my SIM card out of my BB Classic and popped it in. I ran the conversion tools and everything was ready for me to figure out Android.

The phone is great. No screen problems, no scuffs, no creaks, no lines, everything works and it is the most useful BB phone I have owned so far.

Thanks to the reviewers of CB and my past experience with BB, I was very confident I was going to like this phone. The reviews were BANG ON. They told me everything I needed to know and they were 100% right.

THANK YOU
    phuoc and Johberry like this.
    06-06-17 08:19 PM
    OK, I just have to speak up here. They announced pre-orders in Canada starting on May 18th. LATE IN THE DAY on the 18th, I went to Rogers and pre-ordered my phone. No problems.

I was told they would be shipping them around May 31. On May 31, I picked up my UPS package which was shipped on the 30th. RIGHT ON SCHEDULE. On May 31, I ordered a holster and USB C adapters from CB. On Friday June 2 both of those arrived.

Aside from fighting Android notification and SMS stupidity I have absolutely no complaints about the phone. It worked right away. I took my SIM card out of my BB Classic and popped it in. I ran the conversion tools and everything was ready for me to figure out Android.

The phone is great. No screen problems, no scuffs, no creaks, no lines, everything works and it is the most useful BB phone I have owned so far.

Thanks to the reviewers of CB and my past experience with BB, I was very confident I was going to like this phone. The reviews were BANG ON. They told me everything I needed to know and they were 100% right.

THANK YOU
    Lucky you. It's great things worked out. The CDMA U.S. customers, however, are standing in line in a dark alley right now because a guy came out of a moldy door in a damp brick wall and said "we've got some." Sure, we'd love to be swapping our SIM card into the phone, slapping a case on it, that sorta good stuff, or you know, at least getting an explanation for why we're standing in line in a dark alley waiting for a phone that may or may not even exist.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-06-17 08:52 PM
    Lucky you. It's great things worked out. The CDMA U.S. customers, however, are standing in line in a dark alley right now because a guy came out of a moldy door in a damp brick wall and said "we've got some." Sure, we'd love to be swapping our SIM card into the phone, slapping a case on it, that sorta good stuff, or you know, at least getting an explanation for why we're standing in line in a dark alley waiting for a phone that may or may not even exist.
    I am very sorry that your carrier did not get any phones on the same schedule. As with most product launches, priorities are set based on a variety of business reasons. It is pretty clear with cell phones that carriers get priority over neutral electronics vendors so I am not surprised that those trying to buy unlocked phones get second priority. This is nothing new with phones.

If I were you, would I be frustrated? yes, I would. Would I be raving mad claiming that BB is a Piece of **** and ruined the best thing going for them? Hell no. Over the years we have seen many many product launch shortages from very large manufacturers far more wealthy than BB or TCL.

So, yes, I feel for you, but this is not an event worth stomping around the house like my teenage daughter. I'm not saying you are, but there are a lot of people talking trash like brats around here.

In a joking matter, why the hell do you Americans still have so much CDMA anyways?
    06-06-17 09:13 PM
    don't know if they are laughing but they are dodging questions about why the CDMA version didn't ship and when will it ship ... and it's ok not to know but the same way you tell us the GSM is available in Bestbuy or "sold out" ..why can't they say anything about the CDMA version
    06-06-17 09:23 PM
    don't know if they are laughing but they are dodging questions about why the CDMA version didn't ship and when will it ship ... and it's ok not to know but the same way you tell us the GSM is available in Bestbuy or "sold out" ..why can't they say anything about the CDMA version
    Because they don't know..... Because they can't say..... The people that know the answers, whomever they are, don't want to share them with you. Like they say, don't go away mad, just go away...
    06-06-17 09:29 PM
    Casting blame doesn't solve any issues. It is what it is. Does it really help you to cast blame on Bla1ze and Kevin?
    06-06-17 09:34 PM
    I created a thread on this the other day and it got moved to the suggestions section.

It is disappointing that Crackberry was so involved in this release and was so vocal about the product before it was released, and now there has been no official comment on issues such as availability and quality.

Perhaps these will be touched on during the next podcast?
    06-06-17 10:11 PM
    I differ. People have read way more into TCL's news releases than the words justify. In general TCL has been careful and accurate.

I am pleasantly surprised to see TCL responding directly to some comments in these threads. My impression is that many threads are unrepresentative.

For example, it is misleading when someone posts in numerous different threads about a screen coming off. It is suspicious when they first post 11 different complaints, and unreservedly advocate competitors devices.

It is no surprise that carrier-based releases have in some markets been first. Those are bargains made which have benefits and drawbacks.

I am waiting to receive my K1 tomorrow. I have had BlackBerrys from the first smartphone. This promises to be a no-compromise device, for my purposes, and look forward to the experience.

Posted via CB10
    Any usernames that I can look for, or am I blind and it is obvious? Many thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 11:37 PM
    First World Issues.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-06-17 11:55 PM
    Pardon my ignorance but what is CDMA??? is it a company. just curious.
    06-07-17 12:37 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile says another device may get launched before the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    They also said the phone would be available in April (it wasn't except for a few hundred devices) and that the CDMA version would be available May 31 (it wasn't).

So when they say "before the end of the year" they mean announcement in October, pre-orders on December 31 at 11:59 PM Hawaii time, and shipping in March 2018.
    06-07-17 01:44 AM
    They also said the phone would be available in April (it wasn't except for a few hundred devices) and that the CDMA version would be available May 31 (it wasn't).

So when they say "before the end of the year" they mean announcement in October, pre-orders on December 31 at 11:59 PM Hawaii time, and shipping in March 2018.
    And you added what exactly to the convo. Trolls are the worst.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 01:59 AM
    And you added what exactly to the convo. Trolls are the worst.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for the butthurt I caused you.
    06-07-17 02:10 AM
44 12