I know both of these guys are true professionals but they've got to be laughing when reading all the KEYone drama. I was pretty mad when the phone was delayed the first time. After that, I expected this launch to go poorly. I've lost all faith in BlackBerry marketing, customer service and professionalism. That includes all partners BlackBerry chooses to work with.

To me, it's, "Buy a phone from us and then you're on your own!."

I wouldn't be surprised to find out the carriers aren't getting it at all. I was in the NYC meetup, and used the phone, so I know I want it. It's just funny to me that I can't actually buy it.
    nabatron, PALoeza, texn884 and 2 others like this.
    05-31-17 02:17 PM
    I'd much rather everyone be happy and have their KEYone but, you know, I don't control that.
    05-31-17 02:23 PM
    I don't blame CBK or blaze. They get paid by TCL and they're just doing their job.
    Bfalcon1 and nabatron like this.
    05-31-17 02:24 PM
    They deserve a promotion. They've done so well that they've delayed the phone a second time!
    05-31-17 02:27 PM
    You're right. Let's burn one and laugh at the people driving to the unstocked Best Buys.
    05-31-17 02:29 PM
    I'd much rather everyone be happy and have their KEYone but, you know, I don't control that.
    No, you certainly don't. This is one casual observer who feels you guys deserve some appreciation for all your hard work communicating KeyOne news and analysis.

It's thanks to Crackberry forum members that I got an early heads up yesterday to hurry over and order from Amazon and I just received my K1 today. I was, frankly, very skeptical BBM would have any to sell and, by and large, they did not disappoint we skeptics.

I feel really bad for everyone here that wanted to buy but couldn't due to paltry inventory.
    05-31-17 02:35 PM
    Hence the reason I not only pre-ordered but went to the wireless store not waiting for them to call me.
    05-31-17 09:29 PM
    If they are laughing, it's more of a "wow....I fear for the future at some of these over-the-top blood curdling reactions" type of laughter.
    john_v and anon(3641385) like this.
    05-31-17 09:56 PM
    I'd probably be a little embarrassed if I was CBK. All that work he's done promoting the K1 and BB just completely botches the release.

Posted via CB10
    drcharlton and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 10:03 PM
    I'd probably be a little embarrassed if I was CBK. All that work he's done promoting the K1 and BB just completely botches the release.

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same way about this. Cbk probably is embarrased more then anything at this point. Feel for the guy. Usually he does count downs, life feeds etc...id does feel he knew what was coming.
    drcharlton and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 10:25 PM
    Bla1ze, bro -- I total vote you to take ol' Steve's job at BlackBerry Mobile. Then BlackBerry will really get its glory back!

(+1 if the first device you release is the BlackBerry Blaze)
    05-31-17 10:53 PM
    Lol I bet they are laughing for sure especially considering shop crackberry is now offering unlocked devices in Canada as people where asking all day what happened to unlocked devices in Canada. I'm bet some went out and bought carrier devices meanwhile I'm sure CB knew they would be selling it.
    Last edited by ray689; 05-31-17 at 11:11 PM.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 11:01 PM
    No I would say it's pure amusement laughter. All of the complaining and whining is over the top. After how badly bb10 devices were overstocked how could folks think that we wouldn't be spoon feed the devices from now on.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by toneytone; 05-31-17 at 11:38 PM.
    BLu, DolemiteDONS and cbvinh like this.
    05-31-17 11:09 PM
    Bla1ze, bro -- I total vote you to take ol' Steve's job at BlackBerry Mobile. Then BlackBerry will really get its glory back!

(+1 if the first device you release is the BlackBerry Blaze)
    I'd buy a BlackBerry Blaze
    shakingthrough and Empyrean like this.
    06-01-17 07:24 AM
    I know both of these guys are true professionals but they've got to be laughing when reading all the KEYone drama. I was pretty mad when the phone was delayed the first time. After that, I expected this launch to go poorly. I've lost all faith in BlackBerry marketing, customer service and professionalism. That includes all partners BlackBerry chooses to work with.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out the carriers aren't getting it at all. I was in the NYC meetup, and used the phone, so I know I want it. It's just funny to me that I can't actually buy it.
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 07:30 AM
    The problem is that they were doing their promotion job TOO well.

Way to go Crackberry.com! Getting everyone excited about this new BlackBerry ruined it for everyone!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 08:44 AM
    Is the KEYone not available at the BlackBerry popup store in New York?
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-05-17 01:57 PM
    There is no longer a pop up store Downtown, NYC.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-05-17 02:25 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile does need to bring back the pop up store at least in time for the release of the second device.

Posted via CB10
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-05-17 04:16 PM
    Wth is wrong with these people. Blaming Blaze and Kevin for something outside of their control. I preordere my device, did it get delivered on time? No, it was delayed for 2 weeks. I felt cheated by the store who's saying that they can deliver the device on the release date, I was upset, but it's none of these 2 faults! So people, throw away your pitchfork. You're barking the wrong tree. And calm the f down.
    06-05-17 04:41 PM
    I don't blame CBK or blaze. They get paid by TCL and they're just doing their job.
    We may be BlackBerry fans, but CrackBerry is a business and part of Mobile Nations. CBK and Bla1ze get paid by Mobile Nations because of the advertisers that support it including BlackBerry Mobile.
    06-05-17 05:16 PM
    Wow I sold my Priv and got a Note 5 unlocked and have been really liking it and as the K1 was about to come out I even put one in my amazon cart May 30th and was a few minutes to late because I went back 30 minutes later and Sold OUT!
    Now reading all the bad news about the K1 I think I will pass totally, I have been a BB user for many years with many phones even that stupid flip phone they had, lol.

Unless I hear about good reviews this is a TYPICAL BLACKBERRY OF LATE try to launch a what looked like a sweet phone,
    06-05-17 05:47 PM

I differ. People have read way more into TCL's news releases than the words justify. In general TCL has been careful and accurate.

I am pleasantly surprised to see TCL responding directly to some comments in these threads. My impression is that many threads are unrepresentative.

For example, it is misleading when someone posts in numerous different threads about a screen coming off. It is suspicious when they first post 11 different complaints, and unreservedly advocate competitors devices.

It is no surprise that carrier-based releases have in some markets been first. Those are bargains made which have benefits and drawbacks.

I am waiting to receive my K1 tomorrow. I have had BlackBerrys from the first smartphone. This promises to be a no-compromise device, for my purposes, and look forward to the experience.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and BLu like this.
    06-05-17 07:39 PM
    I just want to know why is there no communication on WHY NO CDMAs have shipped as TCL stated they would on the 31st. Also When will they shop? Why is there no communication on this. There is no pod cast on it.. nothing
    phuoc, OrlandoAlex and dollface like this.
    06-05-17 07:58 PM
    I just want to know why is there no communication on WHY NO CDMAs have shipped as TCL stated they would on the 31st. Also When will they shop? Why is there no communication on this. There is no pod cast on it.. nothing
    Maybe post this question in the "ask bla1ze" forum section. It does feel like the main page writers are intentionally ignoring it. It's probably the biggest wide spread question to date and it's crickets from everyone who knows what's going on.
    OrlandoAlex, phuoc and thoms333 like this.
    06-05-17 08:46 PM
44 12