Imagine you're at work. Or cooking. Or taking a shower. And all these times, your Keyone is a stone's throw away.

You just remember that you need to pay your cellphone bill.

So what you do is, "Okay Google".

The Keyone wakes up/lights up.

You say "remind me tomorrow at 9am to pay the phone bill"

• The problem is, even though this is a perfect scenario.... it doesn't work.
    • The problem is, even though during the Keyone setup process it was billed at it to work ... something along the lines of "Say ok google anytime for it to do something for you", it doesn't work.
    • Numerous retrains, constantly switching on/off the Trusted Voice feature, reboots... it simply doesn't work.

Why? Why does Google like to say Ok google does everything and says it's always on... but the screen needs to be woken up for it to work?

I mean, if I press the power key for it to wake the screen without unlocking the phone... and then say "Ok Google", we're good to go. But how is it convenient when you're cooking, or say in the shower? Or simply do not want to touch your phone due to a million other reasons?

This is absurd to me and unacceptable in 2017 when there's Alexas and Google Homes as dedicated devices to do this, but your own simple smartphone isn't capable of doing it?
    08-04-17 07:57 AM
    Perhaps always "listening" would be a battery drain. Are the home devices typically always plugged in?

Posted via CB10
    anon(9803818) likes this.
    08-04-17 08:04 AM
    Perhaps always "listening" would be a battery drain. Are the home devices typically always plugged in?

Posted via CB10
    Sure they are.
    And so why not give us the option to decide our fate?

Or be clear in the documentation/marketing:
    "Use Google Now for all your tasks, as long as it's awake"
    08-04-17 09:06 AM
    Sure they are.
    And so why not give us the option to decide our fate?

Or be clear in the documentation/marketing:
    "Use Google Now for all your tasks, as long as it's awake"
    Can you change the setting for when your phone goes to sleep to a longer time interval?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 09:16 AM
    The Moto X used to work like that.
    08-04-17 10:12 AM
    probably has something to do with the "Doze" feature that switches the phone off after a certain amount of non-activity to save battery. I read that "Doze" feature is very aggressive on all Android Nougat devices..

Have you tried disabling the battery optimizations for the google app? that may possibly work.. I disabled the battery optimizations for my calendar and clock apps and they now go off at the right times..
    08-04-17 03:15 PM
    But what does this have to do with the KEYone? It's the way Android is designed.

Always listening would also be a security concern.
    anon(9803818) and Sigewif like this.
    08-04-17 03:31 PM
    probably has something to do with the "Doze" feature that switches the phone off after a certain amount of non-activity to save battery. I read that "Doze" feature is very aggressive on all Android Nougat devices..

Have you tried disabling the battery optimizations for the google app? that may possibly work.. I disabled the battery optimizations for my calendar and clock apps and they now go off at the right times..
    Can one change the Doze settings?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 04:01 PM
    It worked on my LG V20 with Trusted Voice - a little TOO well since my brother could activate it when he spoke.

Not sure why it wouldn't work on the KEYone
    08-04-17 04:23 PM
    The Moto X used to work like that.
    AFAIR that one had a special chip whose only purpose was to watch out for the keyword with as little power consumption as possible.
    08-04-17 04:50 PM
    some apps have an override feature where as when your phone goes to sleep the particular app open is not locked.
    08-04-17 05:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    While they do listen for the wake up word, they are in a very low power state. Problem with a cell phone is with everything else running. There must be a point were it stops, or the battery would have to be bigger than the phone. Also the phone would need to be unlocked and unsecured. So if anyone overheard your wake up word and used it, ohhhhhhh think of those possibilities.
    08-05-17 02:34 PM
    I'd say this is hardly a problem. Saves you battery life and keeps you from having the same problems as others are having with Echo, GHome, etc -- listening to conversations and ordering things online.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-17 08:48 PM
    Works fine on my Pixel. Perhaps it's something blackberry has altered?
    08-05-17 09:28 PM
    Works fine on my Pixel. Perhaps it's something blackberry has altered?
    This is exactly why I made this thread. A few other phones work well with this (Pixel) and so does Siri (iPhone)
    08-19-17 04:43 PM
    Biggest problem for devil, but not a problem for some. Devil will always have problem and no peace. I don't like my phone to keep listening. it is a security hole.

08-19-17 07:21 PM
    Imagine you're at work. Or cooking. Or taking a shower. And all these times, your Keyone is a stone's throw away.

You just remember that you need to pay your cellphone bill.

So what you do is, "Okay Google".

The Keyone wakes up/lights up.

You say "remind me tomorrow at 9am to pay the phone bill"

• The problem is, even though this is a perfect scenario.... it doesn't work.
    • The problem is, even though during the Keyone setup process it was billed at it to work ... something along the lines of "Say ok google anytime for it to do something for you", it doesn't work.
    • Numerous retrains, constantly switching on/off the Trusted Voice feature, reboots... it simply doesn't work.

Why? Why does Google like to say Ok google does everything and says it's always on... but the screen needs to be woken up for it to work?

I mean, if I press the power key for it to wake the screen without unlocking the phone... and then say "Ok Google", we're good to go. But how is it convenient when you're cooking, or say in the shower? Or simply do not want to touch your phone due to a million other reasons?

This is absurd to me and unacceptable in 2017 when there's Alexas and Google Homes as dedicated devices to do this, but your own simple smartphone isn't capable of doing it?
    Works fine for me!! Are you sure you set it up right!? When u use the service make sure there isn't disruptive background oise it won't work as well!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-21-17 at 09:16 PM.
    08-19-17 11:43 PM
    On Keyone?
    08-21-17 04:10 PM