Ok guys, well I totally agree get the excitement over Oreo for the keyone I mean who wouldn't be.

However having used Oreo on my old phone Nokia 7 tbh and to be really honest I can see much in it that excited me personally, I found the settings menu a nightmare to navigate and find what you want , I didn't like my phone showing me the notification dots so turned them off, I did not personally feel it was any faster than 7.1 and it's speed they went for in Oreo, and also the fact that it actually plays havoc with some phones due to ram issues and people not backing up and doing a full wipe after (why not do this anyway as revolves 99 percent of issues that may happen) I'm really not that excited lol pi yes I hope we get that by 2020 lol but Oreo I'm as excited as a chicken being given a peace of chicken pie
    08-13-18 04:51 AM
    We have hit a point where software update don't bring much in the way of "visible" improvements.... Most of it's under the hood and has to do with security or performance improvements.

Early days of PC brought big changes in Hardware and Software... every year. Today those changes are measured in much longer stretches of time. Same with phone, we have hit a point where hardware and software changes aren't very noticeable...
    Dave Chalton likes this.
    08-13-18 07:47 AM
    I think we might see battery improvements
    08-13-18 09:14 AM
    There are massive improvements in memory and cache management.
    anon(9791869) and bibbula like this.
    08-13-18 09:20 AM
    If that leads to less lag then perfect!
    08-13-18 09:24 AM
    On Nougat I used to have to use Taskmanger and the Kill All feature to keep my memory usage from getting critically low. Now on Oreo it's doing it all on its own.
    Attached Thumbnails The big O Oreo-11138.jpg  
    08-13-18 09:08 PM
    hmmm I can see after reading more how oreo could actually benefit the key due to slow down which I have been reading about here
    08-14-18 05:40 AM
    I have had oreo installed for two days now (mobile upgrade tool), and wow it really improves the KeyOne.

Highlights I have noticed:

- sound and notification settings have been revamped, much more customizable (almost like BB10). Love it!

- phone feels much smoother overall when using apps and switching between apps. I never found it laggy before, but it is definitely smoother with oero.

- lock screen notifications are kind of like BB10, i.e. they are categorized under little white icons for phone, messages, email, etc.

- call controls / UI is a bit better when on a phone call. A little easier to manage and looks nicer.
    08-14-18 06:23 PM
    On Nougat I used to have to use Taskmanger and the Kill All feature to keep my memory usage from getting critically low. Now on Oreo it's doing it all on its own.
    Bang on! With my Silver K1 I had to clear cache and 32 second reboot daily! K2 doesn't even have a cache clear manual function! Much, much better memory management from OREO and the 6GB memory doesn't hurt either. Lol.
    08-14-18 07:54 PM