Using the recent app button on android reloads any app or website I have open and it's very annoying. For example I've lost this post 3 times when flipping to another app and it deletes what I've written. A game I had open will save progress and reload when switching. Is there a better way to swipe between apps so we don't lose what's open or constantly reloading websites? I miss BB OS 10 for swiping between apps. It never did this.
    Ralf Sigfridsson likes this.
    11-24-17 10:30 AM
    That's a long debated topic! There are several reasons as to why you may lose content when switching to another app, namely shortage in RAM coupled with Android automatic app shut down when such resource is short.

Many will tell you that app developers need to code their apps in such way that it won't lose content when switched to another app but that's not reality, point in case is what just happened to you with the CrackBerry app.

There are many App Switching apps out there (most of which may very well be axed by Google soon due to misuse of Accessibility Services) however you must know that a more intuitive way to switch apps will not prevent the OS from shutting apps down when RAM runs low. The only thing will achieve by using such apps is possibly a more efficient way to switch apps.

Bottom line, there are two issues here:

1. Android RAM management
    2. User Experience

Whichever way you cut it, there is no doubt in my mind and many others here that BB10 OS was light years ahead, but that's history now and we can only hope that Android will continue to develop in such way that it will become more productive.
    FF22 and wentouch like this.
    11-24-17 10:37 AM
    Stop making me miss my Z30 please
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-17 10:43 AM
    Stop making me miss my Z30 please
    You are not alone!
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    11-24-17 10:44 AM
    I could I be low on RAM with only 2 apps open ie one game and one browser window? I literally cannot flip between these 2 apps without them both "refreshing" ie whole webpage reloads then the games saves, reloads. Why would app auto-shut down if it's only been a few seconds and I'm minimizing?
    11-30-17 05:41 PM
    try replacing the launcher with one less memory hungry like Nova, then repeat your app switching. Report your results.
    11-30-17 06:42 PM
    Browsing is a whole different subject. It has to do with the browser and the site; some browsers will auto re-load every single time they are re-launched. I understand that the browser isn't closed, rather just switched away from to another app but some browser and site combination will treat switching away as closing.
    12-02-17 07:55 AM