Just beware that the phone reception is quite worse in weaker areas due to an inferior antenna.
    Although it seems like only some bands in some areas are a problem.
    11-12-17 01:58 PM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is flat out superior to the Priv in every way apart from the larger screen. No comparison.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is zippier, has a MUCH nicer keyboard, has a better camera, has Nougat, has another 2 years (minimum) of updates coming, has a fingerprint sensor, has almost double the battery life, etc, etc.

I've had no issues personally with reception.

The Priv is 2 years old, with support coming to a close soon. With this in mind, remember that regular software patches are ESSENTIAL to a secure device.
    I ve had reception problems in my 2 Keyone devices...

PRIV is far better in that aspect.

This is essential
    11-12-17 02:13 PM
    Yes, you had mentioned that already. No need to repeat yourself.

I simply provided a conflicting data point based on MY experience.
    11-12-17 02:17 PM
    Some parts of Belgium where reception is good on Passport but close to non-existant on KEYone...
    11-12-17 02:48 PM
    I would go for a Keyone right now. If it is truly a matter of money, I would get a Keyone on a payment plan (got mine through a PayPal payment plan).

I would rather invest in a device that has a guaranteed few years ahead of it rather than buy a device that is already 2 years in. The PRIV is honestly showing its age.

It has a better screen than the keyone but that is about it. If you are a physical keyboard lover, the keyone is better hands down. Also, I would invest in the Black edition Keyone because of the specs bump. Just my opinion.
    11-12-17 02:48 PM

PRIV is far better in that aspect.

This is essential
    I think that is subjective. I have the black edition Keyone so I can't speak for the silver. My reception has been far better than the PRIV. The call quality seems to be a bit better too. This leads me to believe that it is a matter of your coverage area. I have been getting at least an extra bar.
    11-12-17 02:51 PM
    Priv is a better value for a phone you will be keeping less than a year (when patches will cease), but in most other cases, I'd go with a KEYone or Motion.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    mrsimon likes this.
    11-12-17 02:52 PM
    All this..and the only thing the KEYone lacks is the built in hand warmer that came with the Priv
    mrsimon likes this.
    11-12-17 09:31 PM
    Priv is a better value for a phone you will be keeping less than a year (when patches will cease), but in most other cases, I'd go with a KEYone or Motion.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    agreed. I can only say that if you want a PKB you'll be happy with the Keyone
    11-13-17 12:53 AM
    Kay one, is great

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 06:24 AM
    Do not waste your time with the Priv. It's is a horrible device. Battery life is sub par and the keyboard is garbage. Get the keyone
    that is a bit harsh. But I would say K1 got much more BB DNA than Priv... Priv from name to design is a bit of Chin-berry ish. If I were you with cash sensitive (I am in the same boat), I would take side job for one month (X'mas gift wrapping?) and get a black K1 (4Gb/64) version... remember it is possibly a collectable - last BB designed phone.
    11-13-17 06:54 AM
    wow, look like Belgium LTE is very limited, unless the info is out of date. set up your phone at 3G might be the better in terms of reception. the high frequency band is not in use (pink color), the medium frequency is partially in use... Is this the updated info? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orks_in_Europe
    11-13-17 07:16 AM
    keyone is 100x better than priv.
    11-13-17 01:03 PM
    wow, look like Belgium LTE is very limited, unless the info is out of date. set up your phone at 3G might be the better in terms of reception. the high frequency band is not in use (pink color), the medium frequency is partially in use... Is this the updated info? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orks_in_Europe
    But how does this explain that, on the same spot, reception is more reliable and stronger with the Passport than with the KEYone? With the KEYone I am getting dropped phone calls, a thing I almost never experienced anymore with the Passport.
    11-13-17 03:13 PM
    Have three K1s in the family now...all concur that it's the best BB by far! Had a PRIV for nearly two years and while reluctant to give up the bigger screen, don't miss it now...K1 just works better.
    11-13-17 03:48 PM
    Yes, you had mentioned that already. No need to repeat yourself.

I simply provided a conflicting data point based on MY experience.
    I am not repeating myself, just answering

Hope that doesn't bother you.
    11-13-17 03:52 PM
    I am not repeating myself, just answering

Hope that doesn't bother you.
    I wasn't responding to you.
    11-13-17 03:53 PM
    Too much repetition.

Too much repetition.
    11-13-17 04:16 PM
    It does creak alot
    Just curious, does it only creak when the KB is extended or all the time?
    11-13-17 04:30 PM
    But how does this explain that, on the same spot, reception is more reliable and stronger with the Passport than with the KEYone? With the KEYone I am getting dropped phone calls, a thing I almost never experienced anymore with the Passport.
    PP does have para antenna. If I were you, I would trouble shoot with following:
    (1) get a good insulating case
    (2) ensure your device is not grey (not from carrier locked), and your carrier treat it same as your PP (also grey?).
    (3) check carrier prevision correctly of your K1 (IMEI number and setting) that allow you to use LTE (appearantly, according to the link, no VoLTE).
    (4) double check your APN set up correctly for your carrier.
    (5) SIM (possibly, not the same SIM as your PP, BB10 might have different setting)...
    if you cover all of the above, you still got poor signal - antenna issue (directional may be)... most likely, carrier issue (my bet 70-80% of time... they want you to buy a handset they carried in house). Just a guess. best of luck. (do a search on CB, plenty being said).
    11-13-17 06:57 PM
    I want to buy a phone with a PKB and was wondering which of these gives the best 'bang for your buck'?
    I know the K1 is supposed to be a lot better in terms of both build and performance, but considering that I can get the priv for 260$ and the k1 costs 520$, is it really worth paying double the price?

Also, how long do you think I'll have to wait for a k1 price drop?
    Passport! LOL, I have the K1 black in USA on Mint sim, been 9 days, Over all I'm really really liking the K1 black.. My problem, and it's seems many have different issues, there are two posts on vb about my issue, praying next update fixes!!! Please, please, please. I cannot get bluetooth/car to work properly, I loved that my Passport and Nexus 6P would start right up where it left when I jumped back into my car, so far, that's a big No Go, on my K1. It will 'connect' but sound screws up two different ways, not just one but two ways. One being the phone connects, but the sounds plays thru the phone only, Two being, is the phone connects but sound starts to run thru car speakers but for a second and the it loops, or starts for a second, stops, then starts in same place for a second over and over, now,,, if I get into the car and manually do a connection, it will run fine. Same car, and have used Android Nexus 6, Android Nexus 6P, Passport Orig and Passport SE and all work flawlessly in this car, but not the K1 Android, how do u f up a basic Android function for Cripes sake!!!
    Last edited by EndRacism; 11-13-17 at 08:10 PM.
    11-13-17 07:59 PM
    Better Aurora. Considering that there is no update for the software, the value, and dual SIM mode. IMHO.
    11-14-17 04:06 AM
    thanks for all the advice but, frankly, I did not buy a phone in order to have to use it with an insulating case!
    11-14-17 12:01 PM
    Just curious, does it only creak when the KB is extended or all the time?
    Think it'd creak more with kb in
    11-14-17 12:30 PM
    I have both the silver KEYone and just got a new Priv, I'm deff selling the KEYone to get the Black Edition. And yes if I had to choose between any KEYone or a Priv, I'd for sure take a KEYone.

That being said, my late build STV100-4 Priv gets very decent battery life after having tweaked it including batt saving mode on, Google location stuff off, Marshmallow, Wifi and Bluetooth scanning off and finally the 1080x1920 mod.

But still, as all the others have said, get a KEYone. Do yourself a favor and skip the silver one though, jump straight to Black Edition, if you can.
    11-15-17 03:42 AM
54 123