Textra here. I like that after sending a message you opened from the hub, pressing the back key goes back to the hub and not back to the main screen of the app.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Can you tell me, is there a way to add Textra to the left menu of the Hub that shows all of my accounts?
    06-26-17 06:32 PM
    Can you tell me, is there a way to add Textra to the left menu of the Hub that shows all of my accounts?
    It is automatically under "Text messages"

Textra is just how you view and manage texts
    dollface likes this.
    06-26-17 06:57 PM
    It is automatically under "Text messages"

Textra is just how you view and manage texts
    Ohh ok. Thanks, I thought that account name was for the default app. Thanks again
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-26-17 06:58 PM
    You can use emoji's with Yaata. You need to hit the symbol key first, then the emoji symbol. When done hit the sym key again. I've already sent in a bug report for it on the beta section
    But isn't it stock emojis? I think there so outdated. I'd rather have the Whatsapp and IOS emojis like I have.. Or does yaata have others?
    06-26-17 09:06 PM
    But isn't it stock emojis? I think there so outdated. I'd rather have the Whatsapp and IOS emojis like I have.. Or does yaata have others? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e1665e9ae2.jpg
    Android ones do suck.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-27-17 09:06 AM
    Android ones do suck.
    Yes they do..
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-27-17 07:46 PM
    I like the android N ones but the new ones are kinda meh
    06-27-17 09:55 PM
    Using Textra based upon recommendations found here and loving it. Thanks all!
    dollface likes this.
    06-27-17 09:56 PM
    trying out Handcent Next SMS. Allows for a lot of customizing and works with the hub. I hate the messaging bubbles. This app permits me to tailor it to look similar to BB texting. Pretty basic-but it works and gives me options. I am pretty no frills though.
    07-06-17 03:30 PM
    Recently on Textera. I questioned it, but the "enter for send" button got me weak and had to get. Plus it works pretty smooth
    07-06-17 04:22 PM
    Thanks for the thread guys. Which messaging app of these, integrated with Hub, will let me to hide some SMS and keep them private (so not visible into the Hub but only in a protected area)?
    Last edited by vene93; 08-07-17 at 01:09 AM.
    08-07-17 12:57 AM
    Thanks for the thread guys. Which messaging app of these, integrated with Hub, will let me to hide some SMS and keep them private (so not visible into the Hub but only in a protected area)?
    Are you cheating on your wife?? We deserve to know
    08-07-17 12:13 PM
    Yup, there is no way. That is why I switched to Yaata.
    How do you activate emojis on Yaata? There is an emoji icon on the right corner of the text box, but pushing it does not reveal pages of emojis, or any emojis?
    09-18-17 08:05 AM
    I haven't gone through the entire thread, but I would like to thank all those who suggested Pulse.

I've tried signal, yaata and textra from suggestions on this thread.

Didn't like them for different reasons (granted you might say I didn't try some of them long enough).

Yaata gave me issues with letters typing in twice and some slight lag when typing.

Didn't like Signal because you opened up an overlay rather than the app itself.

What I love about Pulse :
    - no lag when typing
    - hit enter to send and hit shift+enter to add line
    - hub integration
    - gifs library
    - easy to attach multiple photos
    - can share videos/audio recordings/gps location with ease
    - can still reply via notification window.
    - can customize what options are available on said notification (such as having a call button)

bonus:
    - widget on home page
    01-17-18 01:22 PM
    @Z0oLo what didn't you like about Textra?
    01-17-18 04:37 PM
    @Z0oLo what didn't you like about Textra?
    Tbh, can't recall. Spent the least amount of time with that app.
    01-17-18 06:24 PM
    What I love about Pulse :
    [...]
    - hit enter to send and hit shift+enter to add line
    [...]
    Scratch that positive. I dunno why but all of a sudden, my KeyOne won't add a line anymore when I hold shift and enter. Or rather, it adds a line but then immediately sends the message. It used to be able to do both commands (ie. Add a line without sending message if I did shift + enter and send message when I hit enter)
    01-20-18 07:11 PM
    I always keep coming back to Textra.
    01-21-18 07:34 AM
    Textra just released an official update where the overlay covers the whole screen when you tap on a convo in HUB, where it used to be a small window.

Yay for Textra!... The only thing i really want now that textra doesn't have are tiny timestamps on the bottom EVERY message.
    Can't you swipe to the left and it will show the timestamp for each message?
    04-30-18 04:32 PM
    Can't you swipe to the left and it will show the timestamp for each message?
    Yes, but I'd rather have the timestamp in small font underneath the message. Much less effort
    04-30-18 06:29 PM
    Yes, but I'd rather have the timestamp in small font underneath the message. Much less effort
    Ah! I see makes sense and honestly I would prefer it that way too
    04-30-18 06:31 PM
    I like Yaata but it crashes (won't open) occasionally. (When it does that I switch temporarily to the stock Messages app, but Yaata has then been fine when I switch back.). I don't have any problem with notifications for specific contacts, and it integrates well with Hub.

Also (and this is dumb, I know), I like the chatheads. With a glance I can see if a text is from my son (more important) or the Postal Service (less important).
    04-30-18 07:14 PM
    textra
    04-30-18 07:35 PM
    textra is very similar to bb10. gestures and everything. I even use it as a defacto Contacts as its quicker to scroll down, swipe left on contact, and hit phone button.
    05-02-18 06:30 AM
    Signal. doesn't seem to work well w/ Hub though... the security features of Signal were a big factor in decision.
    05-18-18 10:55 PM
243 ... 78910