I just had a conversation with Telus rep, and here are the points he said.

1. Walk in any Telus store and buy the phone outright for $700 CND + tax
    2. Pay $50 for a one time unlock fee
    3. Future security update and OS updates are pushed directly from BlackBerry instead of Telus.

Is the above information legit? Is there any other route to purchase a unlock keyone at this point?
    Amazon keyone does not ship internationally, and I have no clue where else to buy.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 04:40 PM
    You can buy from ShopCrackberry or Amazon.ca
    06-23-17 04:45 PM
    Shop.crackberry.com doesn't have the device for sale right now and Amazon.ca prices are waaayy inflated so I wouldn't go there yet.

Apparently Rogers will them to you $679 but you 'should' be a customer first.

nix and some others are also selling the, but no stock unfortunately.
    Blackberry Keyone Unlocked 4G LTE Android Smartphone 12MP Camera 4.5IN IPS 32GB - PRD-63116-001 - NCIX

Lack of availability seems to be a major problem here in Canada unfortunately.
    06-23-17 06:32 PM
    at the moment that would be your best bet for Canada but I wouldn't bother paying the $50 unlock fee to Telus as you can get it cheaper elsewhere or you could wait till they have to unlock it for free. You can do the same with Bell or Rogers...in fact I think Rogers outright is a little cheaper.

3. Future security update and OS updates are pushed directly from BlackBerry instead of Telus.

Is the above information legit? Is there any other route to purchase a unlock keyone at this point?
    Amazon keyone does not ship internationally, and I have no clue where else to buy.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 07:17 PM
    You can buy from ShopCrackberry or Amazon.ca
    Really? Links please.
    06-23-17 07:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Or you can wait a bit because as of December, Canadian carriers will have to offer their phones unlocked at no cost as per the new CRTC telecommunications rules which will come in effect then.

https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-telev...ckingfees.html
    06-23-17 07:42 PM

You may not need to unlock it at all. Which carrier do you want to use it with?

My understanding is that if you buy a locked phone from a carrier, your system updates will still come through the carrier after it is unlocked.

I was hoping factory unlocked phones would be available in Canada in July, but the latest information suggests it may be August.
    06-23-17 07:43 PM
    You may not need to unlock it at all. Which carrier do you want to use it with?

My understanding is that if you buy a locked phone from a carrier, your system updates will still come through the carrier after it is unlocked.

I was hoping factory unlocked phones would be available in Canada in July, but the latest information suggests it may be August.
    I am currently working oversea in Asia. Therefore, there is no need for me have to get it specifically from Telus.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 07:49 PM
    BlackBerry KEYone 32GB BBB100-2 - 4.7" inch QWERTY UK Keypad Android Factory Unlocked 4G/LTE Smartphone (Silver) - International Version https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071RNCFQF/...UvbUpU12937416
    06-23-17 07:51 PM
    BlackBerry KEYone 32GB BBB100-2 - 4.7" inch QWERTY UK Keypad Android Factory Unlocked 4G/LTE Smartphone (Silver) - International Version https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071RNCFQF/...UvbUpU12937430
    That's the UK version, not sold or shopped by Amazon. Might as well be on eBay.
    06-23-17 08:00 PM
    BlackBerry KEYone 32GB BBB100-2 - 4.7" inch QWERTY UK Keypad Android Factory Unlocked 4G/LTE Smartphone (Silver) - International Version https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071RNCFQF/...UvbUpU12937480
    UK is another alternative to obtain one, but the frequencies don't have as many as bands as the -1.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 08:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good luck finding a Telus store that actually has one. Nothing here in Toronto.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    06-23-17 09:01 PM
    UK is another alternative to obtain one, but the frequencies don't have as many as bands as the -1.
    Yes, the -1 has all the European bands plus more for North America and Asia Pacific.

I suggest you bring your Asian carrier SIM with you and try it out, even if you would only be in a roaming mode. It should at least show some service information.

I would also check to see if your Asian carrier is associated with any Canadian or US carriers for roaming.
    06-23-17 09:08 PM
    Yes, the -1 has all the European bands plus more for North America and Asia Pacific.

I suggest you bring your Asian carrier SIM with you and try it out, even if you would only be in a roaming mode. It should at least show some service information.

I would also check to see if your Asian carrier is associated with any Canadian or US carriers for roaming.
    Thx for the info. I do acknowledge that I need specific frequencies : 1,3,8,38,39,40,41 for the countries where I travel. The issue here is, I can't seem to find a place to get one other than buying from amazon US, and have a friend shipping it to me. Quite frankly, with all the hassle and cost, may as well just to buy an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 09:11 PM