What is the best way to get my contacts, apps, text history, conversations to the keyone?
    06-09-17 11:37 PM
    you apps wont transfer at all. You might be able to save some information to the cloud and then sync it back once on android but you will have to purchase the apps again.

Contacts are easily stored with your email in the cloud

Find an app that will do the SMS/MMS
    06-09-17 11:43 PM
    In particular I'm concerned about transferring over my WhatsApp and wechat contacts.

I have important business convos and contacts their that I need restored. Wrangle when I back up via iPhone it only backs up through iCloud. Is there another simpler way to transfer over what's app Land wechat contacts?

I know there's a way too back up to google drive but in iOS it only gives me the option to back up to iCloud

Can someone help me out please
    06-09-17 11:58 PM
    Your contacts will be fine as soon as you log in to those apps on the keyone, no transfer required.

Your chats will not transfer. Period. iOS and Android is not compatible.

If you need a backup, I recommend screenshotting the conversations and saving the images.

Yes it will take a long time, but when you get an iPhone, you can only use Apple devices and services. That's how they keep your trapped.

They make it as inconvenient as possible to switch.
    06-10-17 03:00 AM
    Thanks for your response. I'm pretty frustrated by that becuae even when I delete my what's app all my convos come up again on iPhone but when I do the same on android I'm left with a blank slate, not even my contacts import!

There's gotta be some way around this

Your contacts will be fine as soon as you log in to those apps on the keyone, no transfer required.

Your chats will not transfer. Period. iOS and Android is not compatible.

If you need a backup, I recommend screenshotting the conversations and saving the images.

Yes it will take a long time, but when you get an iPhone, you can only use Apple devices and services. That's how they keep your trapped.

They make it as inconvenient as possible to switch.
    06-10-17 06:11 AM
    i think that whatsapp convos are stored in cloud and should transfer but i could be wrong. The contacts would certainly transfer though
    06-10-17 09:25 AM
    For contacts and related universal apps, it's easy if you use Google (or similar cloud based system) since everything is already synced from the cloud. Whatsapp (perhaps some other apps that run well on both platforms) will transfer your history, but make sure to backup on the old phone prior to setting up the account on the new phone. On the other hand, any Apple exclusive apps are unlikely to do much for you. Either copy the data into a cloud system like Google first or just start fresh on the new phone.
    06-10-17 09:36 AM
    Hi thanks for your help I appreciate it. From what I understand you have to back everything up to google drive however on my iOS app in particular wechat and WhatsApp I only have the option to back up into iCloud. How would I go about backing up into google drive from iOS?

Thank you for your help again.

For contacts and related universal apps, it's easy if you use Google (or similar cloud based system) since everything is already synced from the cloud. Whatsapp (perhaps some other apps that run well on both platforms) will transfer your history, but make sure to backup on the old phone prior to setting up the account on the new phone. On the other hand, any Apple exclusive apps are unlikely to do much for you. Either copy the data into a cloud system like Google first or just start fresh on the new phone.
    anon(10250369) likes this.
    06-10-17 11:18 AM
    I'm curious? As a NON Apple ecosystem user, can you add or download data from cloud to cloud? Like drag and dropping calendar, phone, or other data to the android cloud?
    06-10-17 11:20 AM
    Hi thanks for your help I appreciate it. From what I understand you have to back everything up to google drive however on my iOS app in particular wechat and WhatsApp I only have the option to back up into iCloud. How would I go about backing up into google drive from iOS?

Thank you for your help again.
    Yes, for individual apps like whatsapp, you have to use whatever option they provide. For instance, using whatsapp's cloud backup on your old phone will allow you to restore your account on the new phone.

I was speaking more generally on the other stuff. For instance, if you use Google gmail, contacts, chrome, etc. it is very easy to sync since all the data is in one place and can sync between devices. However, if you rely on multiple systems like Microsoft outlook for mail, Apple contacts, a third party browser, etc. then it is a bit more challenging. You have to go app by app to see what you can export and transfer to your new device. Most apps that go across platforms will have some option available. I suggest checking them out before you completely wipe your old device.
    06-10-17 11:29 AM