04-17-19 11:51 AM
28 12
tools
    What are some of the best launchers and icon packs?
    04-11-19 10:40 AM
    I like the default app so I can use my many keyboard shortcuts
    Funkong is the best for icons, in my opinion.
    04-11-19 11:56 AM
    Blackberry launcher is my favourite as I love keyboard shortcuts... I have tried various icon packs but find anything other than system icons confuses me...
    04-11-19 12:30 PM
    What are some of the best launchers and icon packs?
    If you like keyboard shortcuts, BlackBerry Launcher. Any other time I'd recommend Nova. As far as icon packs, that's pretty much user preference - I switch up packs depending on wallpaper.
    Laura Knotek and IceCreamPlz like this.
    04-11-19 01:12 PM
    Blackberry launcher is my favourite as I love keyboard shortcuts... I have tried various icon packs but find anything other than system icons confuses me...
    If you like keyboard shortcuts, BlackBerry Launcher. Any other time I'd recommend Nova. As far as icon packs, that's pretty much user preference - I switch up packs depending on wallpaper.
    And of course, the shortcuts will still be available on other launchers so long as you always use the speed key.
    04-11-19 01:16 PM
    And of course, the shortcuts will still be available on other launchers so long as you always use the speed key.
    No speed key on the KeyOne?
    04-11-19 01:34 PM
    No speed key on the KeyOne?
    Hinting you should upgrade.
    04-11-19 01:39 PM
    Hinting you should upgrade.
    Ha ha ha... I will do eventually... KeyOne BE is just so good though so finding it hard to let go... Friend of mine has the Key2 he upgraded from his PRIV and it is a great phone...
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-11-19 01:44 PM
    Nova Pro is a lot of fun...

But I've given over to Microsofting my phone for now...
    IceCreamPlz and john_v like this.
    04-11-19 01:54 PM
    I really like the Lines icon pack. It looks nice and clean on dark wallpaper.
    04-11-19 01:58 PM
    I really like the Lines icon pack. It looks nice and clean on dark wallpaper.
    My problem with icon packs is that I have so many (apparently) unusual apps that don't have modified icons, so half of my home screen icons don't match the other half.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-11-19 02:05 PM
    My problem with icon packs is that I have so many (apparently) unusual apps that don't have modified icons, so half of my home screen icons don't match the other half.
    I have a few, but the majority of mine are included.
    gouger05 likes this.
    04-11-19 02:08 PM
    if BlackBerry Launcher allowed saving homepage settings (like MS Launcher) it would be good...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and john_v like this.
    04-11-19 02:40 PM

What does that entail?
    04-11-19 04:54 PM
    Nova pro.
    Laura Knotek and tfitzpat03 like this.
    04-12-19 12:45 AM
    What does that entail?
    Microsoft makes their own suite of apps.... launcher, outlook, office, phone companion.... all in Google Play
    john_v and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-12-19 07:11 AM
    There is no Speed Key on the K1.
    04-12-19 11:16 AM
    There is no Speed Key on the K1.
    Yes. Read the next post.
    RK_BB likes this.
    04-12-19 11:19 AM

I would second this. I used both Nova and MS Launcher when I had the K1, and they were both very fast, but MS Launcher became my daily driver. I also used Action launcher and that seemed to be pretty snappy as well.
    04-12-19 03:16 PM
    If you want to try something different, have a look at a metro tile launcher. I use Launcher 10 and this provides a simple and clean interface that contains live tiles for calender, news and messaging notifications.

One can use BB shortcuts as tiles, as well as use URL shorts. Widgets can be pinned as tiles and all tiles can be customised.

This launcher provides superior notifications compared with standard andriod offerings and is fast, fluid and has active developer support. Icons do not always provide the best user experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-19 08:42 PM
    Nova Prime is the way to go for me. I like the customization and the Google companion page when I swipe to the left.
    04-12-19 08:49 PM
    Ha ha ha... I will do eventually... KeyOne BE is just so good though so finding it hard to let go... Friend of mine has the Key2 he upgraded from his PRIV and it is a great phone...
    Buy Buttons Remapper for like a buck. You can make your own speedkey this way
    Grungni likes this.
    04-14-19 09:44 AM
    Buy Buttons Remapper for like a buck. You can make your own speedkey this way
    Have you done this successfully? Ever since K2 came out I wondered why we can't just use K1 right-shift as a speed key... it's just software, right?
    04-14-19 09:57 AM
    Have you done this successfully? Ever since K2 came out I wondered why we can't just use K1 right-shift as a speed key... it's just software, right?
    Yes, it's just software. It works well for the right shift + letter combination. I only have a couple letters programmed, but they work like speed key. I also used this for media volume and convenience key for my play/pause. The play/pause works some of the time. (normally the first press won't work, but after that it works well). The rest works all the time
    04-14-19 10:10 AM
    Yes, it's just software. It works well for the right shift + letter combination. I only have a couple letters programmed, but they work like speed key. I also used this for media volume and convenience key for my play/pause. The play/pause works some of the time. (normally the first press won't work, but after that it works well). The rest works all the time
    I definitely have to check it out, thanks for the tip
    04-14-19 08:38 PM
28 12