will receive new keyone soon and I want to setup with minimal google without giving up all functionality.....coming from Passport....help appreciated
    10-10-17 04:11 PM
    will receive new keyone soon and I want to setup with minimal google without giving up all functionality.....coming from Passport....help appreciated
    This is how set it up, hope this will help.
    Attached Thumbnails Best initial setup w/minimal google-notable1.jpg   Best initial setup w/minimal google-notable-1-.jpg  
    10-10-17 04:30 PM
    Depends on what you mean by functionality....

There are a few post over on Android Central that deal with all the process (expect for BlackBerry Apps) and can help you decide on what to disable or change in settings and what to leave alone.
    10-10-17 04:33 PM
    Depends on what you mean by functionality....

There are a few post over on Android Central that deal with all the process (expect for BlackBerry Apps) and can help you decide on what to disable or change in settings and what to leave alone.
    do you have a good link or thread title?
    10-10-17 04:47 PM
    Not really..... I've just used Google in the past to search for "Android Apps that can be disabled". Usually add the phone and maybe carrier info as it can vary. XDA is also a good source of info. Don't know if anyone has ever bothered do you listing for the KEYone.

Found the best listing for my Droid Turbo 2 as it was really detailed... but that was two Android versions ago.

They more power users interested in a devices the more info you can find....
    theotherjoeboy likes this.
    10-10-17 04:54 PM
    If you don't want much Google involvement, I think you can get away with pretty much everything except for the Play store. I guess you technically don't need to use the Play store either, but that might be a little much. Some people around here will create a separate Google account for that.

As far as functionality, it really depends on what you need. For instance, I use the HUB for emails, but once I archive them, I can't view them anymore. So I use the Gmail app to look up old emails. If you don't archive your emails, and keep everything on the HUB, this might not be important for you.
    10-10-17 05:04 PM
    Your best setup would be to keep using your Passport.

And this is coming from somebody whom actually likes their Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 08:37 PM
    I've left working Google Play Store and the 2 apps for Google Play Services. All the other Google apps I've deactivated. I am using separate Gmail account for my phone. For communication I use a non-google email provider.
    Cheers
    10-11-17 02:59 AM
    The way Android is structured and interwoven into Google, makes it very difficult to achieve that BB feeling. Everything is Android required access to google account and one application or function is link to another. There is just little you can do.
    10-11-17 01:06 PM