10-20-17 10:30 AM
27 12
tools
    Eh, lol? Out of all the app developers out there, just how many do you think are actually fortunate enough to do it for a living? Lol. For most people it's a hobby/spare-time/community thing. Sure, they are happy for a few bucks for their work, but stop pretending most people actually do this for a living.
    Um, just because it doesn't make up 100% of their income doesn't mean that it's still not needed. I am a firearms instructor as a side job and it really only gets me a few hundred dollars a month, sometimes less. I guess that makes me greedy for not doing it for free since it's not the only thing I depend on for a living? lol
    rolfep likes this.
    07-17-17 10:29 PM
    Could be open source or just contributing to the community in one's spare time. Not everyone is filled with greed, just saying.
    Open Source has nothing to do with giving away the product of your work.

Many people believe that the spirit of the GNU Project is that you should not charge money for distributing copies of software, or that you should charge as little as possible—just enough to cover the cost. This is a misunderstanding.
    Actually, we encourage people who redistribute free software to charge as much as they wish or can. If a license does not permit users to make copies and sell them, it is a nonfree license. If this seems surprising to you, please read on.
    https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

Maybe a "greedy" developer might like to make a sandwich once in a while.
    10-20-17 10:30 AM
27 12