I love BB but am struggling with the Keyone because it has android apps and did not come with stock apps that work best with a BB.

Can you tell me what apps you installed to maximize the use of your Keyone?

For example, the text app did not allow enter key to send so I disabled it and installed textra.
    08-08-17 07:01 PM
    Don't know what you are looking for but here is a few I use

Weather bug
    Dropbox
    Letgo
    Waze
    Google keep

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 07:15 PM
    "best" apps is a relative term for each user and what they individually need
    08-08-17 08:18 PM
    I love BB but am struggling with the Keyone because it has android apps and did not come with stock apps that work best with a BB.

Can you tell me what apps you installed to maximize the use of your Keyone?

For example, the text app did not allow enter key to send so I disabled it and installed textra.
    Asus File Manager or Solid File Manager
    BlackPlayer for music or Pi

I don't text much so use the Verizon one.

Accuweather
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-08-17 08:35 PM
    To maximize my productivity with the BlackBerry KEYone I installed and use Adobe Reader, JuiceSSH, Password Keeper, PrintHand, ScriptIt, Slack, Solid Explorer, Text Editor, VerbTex, and of course BlackBerry Hub.
    08-08-17 10:37 PM
    Mine shows 135 apps installed so what do you want to know?
    08-08-17 11:03 PM
    08-08-17 11:41 PM
    Thanks so much! That's exactly what I was looking for!
    08-09-17 03:28 PM
    Textra, Dropbox, Keyboard Browser, Keyboard File (or X-plore), and Rocket Player are my favorite additions.
    08-09-17 09:12 PM
    Keyboard Browser
    Yaata - text
    Solid Explorer - data
    Talon - twitter
    08-09-17 10:50 PM
    My fav Android musthaves:
    Documents to go pro
    Textra
    Package tracker pro
    DataVault+
    XE currency exchange
    Asus file explorer
    Paperland live wallpaper
    08-10-17 01:24 AM
    If you don't use Hub and you're android/google-centric, replace the stock Calendar, Contacts and Phone apps with the Google stock versions.

Other UI standbys;
    Nove Launcher
    Simple Calendar Widget
    Textra
    08-10-17 05:39 AM
    09-15-17 01:47 AM
    I go very light on apps.

Keyboard browser is an essential imo.
    09-15-17 03:52 AM
    I don't think I can really make a list specifically for the KeyOne, but this is a list of 'utility apps' I recommend to anyone using an Android device:

• NetGuard - Basically a free system-wide adblocker for Android, works for almost any type of ad and doesn't need Root. Just set it to filter IP traffic, enable System access and download a hosts file of your choice or the built in one
    • ACR - Call Recording
    • ASR - Voice Recording
    • Clip Stack - Clipboard History with a lot of easy accessibility options (I set it to the "assistant" shortcut because I don't use Google Now). This is basically like Clipman for BB10 which was hugely popular
    • Clipbrd - Clipboard Sync. Install the app on your other devices/pc/notebook and it will automatically synchronise the clipboard between them
    • MacroDroid - Macrodroid let's you create your own device automation tasks. I use it for example to set my device to DND Mode when flipped face down
    • Rec. - Simple screen recorder application
    • RSS Savvy - RSS/news feed tracker that was also on BB10, very customisable/versatile
    • Sync for Reddit - Personally I think this is the best Reddit client there is. It has gesture controls similar to BB10.
    • Tile Extension - Add custom shortcuts to your Notification Tray (I set one to open the built in File Explorer)

And specifically for the Netherlands where I am from:
    • BuienAlarm - Accurate rain tracker with push notifications
    • Flitsmeister - Live traffic information, including user generated reports
    • Opgelicht - Notifications about criminal activity in the country such as phishing attempts, fake webshops

These are apps I have running constantly, and they work very reliably in the background even on my PRIV and hardly impact battery life at all (running into RAM limits though). I thought about adding a File Manager app but honesty on Nougat the built in File Explorer works just fine for me (easy to access, full features, cloud access).
    FF22, tommyv and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-15-17 04:44 AM
    1. Keyboard browser
    2. Keyboard browser
    3. Keyboard browser
    11. Textra, Blackplayer eq (music), Piktures, Nightclock by Gubbel, Light Flow, plus whatever fits ones personal needs. But the above are the quintessential basics coming from BB10 in my opinion.
    09-15-17 07:50 AM
    These are apps I have running constantly, and they work very reliably in the background even on my PRIV and hardly impact battery life at all (running into RAM limits though). I thought about adding a File Manager app but honesty on Nougat the built in File Explorer works just fine for me (easy to access, full features, cloud access).
    there is a "built-in Filer Explorer"???? to my knowledge, my NA unlocked KEYone came with no file manager whatsoever.
    09-15-17 05:44 PM
    there is a "built-in Filer Explorer"???? to my knowledge, my NA unlocked KEYone came with no file manager whatsoever.
    No there isn't. I use Asus file manager like others have suggested. Works well
    09-15-17 06:10 PM
    Recommendations for a scanner app?
    09-15-17 06:17 PM
    Foss only apps
    09-15-17 07:06 PM
    I don't think I can really make a list specifically for the KeyOne, but this is a list of 'utility apps' I recommend to anyone using an Android device:

• NetGuard - Basically a free system-wide adblocker for Android, works for almost any type of ad and doesn't need Root. Just set it to filter IP traffic, enable System access and download a hosts file of your choice or the built in one
    • ACR - Call Recording
    • ASR - Voice Recording
    • Clip Stack - Clipboard History with a lot of easy accessibility options (I set it to the "assistant" shortcut because I don't use Google Now). This is basically like Clipman for BB10 which was hugely popular
    • Clipbrd - Clipboard Sync. Install the app on your other devices/pc/notebook and it will automatically synchronise the clipboard between them
    • MacroDroid - Macrodroid let's you create your own device automation tasks. I use it for example to set my device to DND Mode when flipped face down
    • Rec. - Simple screen recorder application
    • RSS Savvy - RSS/news feed tracker that was also on BB10, very customisable/versatile
    • Sync for Reddit - Personally I think this is the best Reddit client there is. It has gesture controls similar to BB10.
    • Tile Extension - Add custom shortcuts to your Notification Tray (I set one to open the built in File Explorer)

And specifically for the Netherlands where I am from:
    • BuienAlarm - Accurate rain tracker with push notifications
    • Flitsmeister - Live traffic information, including user generated reports
    • Opgelicht - Notifications about criminal activity in the country such as phishing attempts, fake webshops

Bunch of unnecessary crap, NOUGAT will give you all these features without downloading all these apps don't you know how to use your assistant properly?
    09-15-17 07:07 PM
    MS Office Lens
    09-15-17 11:55 PM
    There is a builtin file manager.
    Settings - storage - explore. For easy access install shortcut maker for documentsui or storage quick settings tile.
    FF22 and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-16-17 12:37 AM
    There is a builtin file manager.
    Settings - storage - explore. For easy access install shortcut maker for documentsui or storage quick settings tile.
    Thanks
    09-16-17 10:00 AM
    I like Microsoft To Do which will link to the stock task app using a free outlook.com account. To Do will also show up in the Share menu, which I use if there is a webpage I want to read later.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-16-17 11:20 AM
29 12