Finally putting the KEYone I received in June into service. Any advice on this topic is really appreciated.
    07-30-17 08:29 PM
    07-30-17 08:41 PM
    Indeed, why not go to the source? Use MS Word
    /Office for Android!
    07-30-17 10:10 PM
    Is Office for Android a billable product or free?
    07-30-17 10:43 PM
    Is Office for Android a billable product or free?
    They have the free version with the 365 subscription.. Im using the free version just fine.. If you need the extra features, then u might need to subscribe to the 365..
    07-30-17 11:24 PM
    Google Sheets, Docs, Slides matched up with Google Drive.....flawless. Far superior and more fluid than any of the MS offerings in my opinion (I've used both). You can compose documents in any of the three Google applications in .doc, .docx, .xls, .ppt, etc as well as open, read, and edit MS documents.
    mbirth and Barbareren like this.
    07-31-17 12:10 AM
    They have the free version with the 365 subscription.. Im using the free version just fine.. If you need the extra features, then u might need to subscribe to the 365..
    Free version? You mean free trial?
    07-31-17 04:38 AM
    Have you tried the Android version of Docs to Go?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...taviz.docstogo
    07-31-17 11:03 AM
    Office Suite works perfect for me. Didnt like any of the others.
    07-31-17 11:27 AM
    I've been using Documents to go pro for years! It's really one of the better office suites! And can be accessed on all devices including pc! May I ask why you dint like docs to go?
    07-31-17 11:54 AM
    Libre Office Reader

Don't like programs that work in the cloud.

On phone only read documents, never want to edit them.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-17 01:16 PM
    Google Sheets, Docs, Slides matched up with Google Drive.....flawless. Far superior and more fluid than any of the MS offerings in my opinion (I've used both). You can compose documents in any of the three Google applications in .doc, .docx, .xls, .ppt, etc as well as open, read, and edit MS documents.
    These work well as long as you don't need MACROS in Sheets.

We use Google Apps at work, moving from Office products. Mostly works pretty well, until you need to do macros in Excel and then all bets are off.

So, with that in mind, your advice is pretty good.

Myself, for home, I use Office 365 with a OneDrive subscription. It costs me $65 or so a year (Canadian), but that gives me a TERABYTE of on-line (cloud) storage. Pretty good deal.
    07-31-17 03:53 PM
    No it's free for all the basic word processing functions.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-01-17 04:28 AM
    These work well as long as you don't need MACROS in Sheets
    Tools --> Script editor.

Here's the documentation..
    08-01-17 05:41 AM
    You can use the free version of Microsoft Office to view files. If you want to edit the files you have to get a subscription.
    08-01-17 05:54 AM
    What's wrong with Docs togo? I still use it over Word for multiple reasons, i.e. Word not being able to create & open 97-2004 word documents/excel sheets; Word not being able to set default font settings (I must always use New Times Roman @ size 10 for my work); Word not being able to set a default line spacing of zero etc.
    Although I acknowledge that Word is superior to Docs togo, It's way too time consuming to keep changing the font and line spacing with every single new document I create.
    08-01-17 05:55 AM
    AndrOpen Office is very good!
    08-01-17 07:23 AM
    Tools --> Script editor.

Here's the documentation..
    Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear in my statement.

I understand that Google Sheets have a scripting language. However, it's NOT the same as what the Excel macros are.
    If you are developing a Google Sheet from scratch, it's one thing. If you're porting something from Excel to Sheets and there are significant macros, then you're pretty much looking at re-developing all the macros.

On a side note, however, Sheets does have a tremendous feature where multiple people can be updating the same sheet at the same time and everything is visible in real time.
    That's a superb feature that we've used to good effect.
    08-01-17 10:04 AM
    Amazon app store offered Docs To Go Premium Key for free on Nov 29, 2014, and I've been living off that freebie ever since. Love the android app, but the Blackberry version was better. I am constantly using the bullets, indenting, and font functions. The Blackberry DtG version had all those features in the top button bar, and the android DtG version has them buried in menus which is a HUGE PITA. If they would give us a button bar in the android DtG, I would be in heaven.

Anyway, I still use it daily. Customer support is also very personable and responsive. Kristy works hard to get any problems solved. They had a nagging OneDrive connection issue earlier this year, but they got it fixed once they knew something was wrong.
    08-01-17 10:48 AM
    I run into an issue with Google with spreadsheets that have a password (a majority of my company files)... do you know how to solve that?

I actually have the premium version of DocsToGo and also OfficeSuite Pro - but I'm not able to edit anything that is saved on my SD card since I switched to Android. I was in touch with DocsToGo about the permissions issue and they said they'd get back to me but never did.

I'd love to resolve all of my issues and be able to edit and save documents on my SD card like I can on my Passport!
    Last edited by gritsinct; 08-01-17 at 03:34 PM.
    08-01-17 02:39 PM
    I've never composed or tried to open an MS Office or Google document or spreadsheet that was password protected so I couldn't help you there.
    08-01-17 05:49 PM
    These work well as long as you don't need MACROS in Sheets.

We use Google Apps at work, moving from Office products. Mostly works pretty well, until you need to do macros in Excel and then all bets are off.

So, with that in mind, your advice is pretty good.

Myself, for home, I use Office 365 with a OneDrive subscription. It costs me $65 or so a year (Canadian), but that gives me a TERABYTE of on-line (cloud) storage. Pretty good deal.
    How can I access macros from KEYone? They aren't accessible using MS Excel, but will I have the ability if I get a subscription? The macros don't even show at all with DtG on Passport so...

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    08-15-17 07:12 PM
    How can I access macros from KEYone? They aren't accessible using MS Excel, but will I have the ability if I get a subscription? The macros don't even show at all with DtG on Passport so...

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    Sorry, can't help there. I only use Google sheets from a PC at work.
    When I use Excel on my PRIV I am only using very basic spreadsheets, not using macros.
    Maybe ask Google - it knows just about everything.
    08-16-17 09:23 AM
    Zoho has a nice lineup of applications and services.
    CRM ,Groups ,a site builder, and spreadsheets docs and slides. good security features a free domain and password/organization manager. Only 5Gb of storage however they allow for up to 500 mb attachments in an email

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 08-28-17 at 03:43 AM.
    08-21-17 01:52 PM