Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    https://twitter.com/PatWallace/statu...09151365771264

They tweeted me announcing they will have it in late April
    Attached Thumbnails Bell will have the BlackBerry KEYone-139075.jpg  
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    03-02-17 08:42 AM
    I expect that most major carriers will give both BlackBerry and TCL another chance.... think the main reasons the DTEKs where not picked up by many, is that BlackBerry had pretty much committed to ending hardware. Which is why TCL is saying they are committed to BlackBerry and that they have a long term plan.
    pat-wallace likes this.
    03-02-17 08:58 AM
    A little marketing will go a long way and the hype for this device seems pretty good so far... hopefully we see some marketing
    03-02-17 08:59 AM
    Rogers still haven't made any announcements yet I'm sure they'll be carrying it but end of april... really?
    03-02-17 09:45 AM
    Rogers still haven't made any announcements yet I'm sure they'll be carrying it but end of april... really?
    Maybe Telus got another couple week exclusive as with the Passport
    03-02-17 09:54 AM
    So they confirmed what we knew - LATE april
    03-02-17 10:01 AM
    So they confirmed what we knew - LATE april
    Not really. Telus and a few other confirmed April 10th.
    03-02-17 10:01 AM
    Not really. Telus and a few other confirmed April 10th.
    Will we be able to buy from Telus unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you would but you would be better off buying from TCL/BlackBerry mobile because carrier unlocked is not the same as factory unlocked. It's basically pointless as you are still at the mercy of carriers pushing updates. It Would just be a waste to spend all that money on a carrier unlocked device when you could get factory unlocked direct from the manufacturer or Amazon or somewhere like that.
    03-02-17 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, no Canadian carrier will sell devices unlocked.

You'll have to have an account with them for over 90 days I think and pay for the unlock code.

Or buy it and use a 3rd party unlocking service like most people.

Or buy it directly unlocked from blackberry, that's usually the way to go.
    03-02-17 10:09 AM
    No, no Canadian carrier will sell devices unlocked.

You'll have to have an account with them for over 90 days I think and pay for the unlock code.

Or buy it and use a 3rd party unlocking service like most people.

Or buy it directly unlocked from blackberry, that's usually the way to go.
    Not the case for all carriers. And even so, if you know someone with that carrier then you can just have them use their account.
    03-02-17 10:10 AM
    Not the case for all carriers. And even so, if you know someone with that carrier then you can just have them use their account.
    Name a Canadian carrier that sells unlocked devices.

And yes, you can just have someone use their account.

Although sometimes carriers force people to change their plans. Although buying outright isn't usually a problem.
    03-02-17 10:51 AM
    Awesome!
    03-02-17 10:58 AM
    Name a Canadian carrier that sells unlocked devices.

And yes, you can just have someone use their account.

Although sometimes carriers force people to change their plans. Although buying outright isn't usually a problem.
    None of their devices that you buy from a carrier will be unlocked. You will have to pay an additional fee to unlocking the device. If you are already an existing customer, I don't know if the 90 day thing applies (however I don't know why you'd need to get it unlocked from them if you were a happy customer already).

As another user mentioned, if you want an unlocked device, you are best to get it straight from the source rather than through a carrier. You're guaranteed the software updates straight from BlackBerry. And you will have more leverage with the carriers to get a better rate plan, along with the luxury of being able to shop around, if need be.
    03-02-17 10:59 AM
    None of their devices that you buy from a carrier will be unlocked. You will have to pay an additional fee to unlocking the device. If you are already an existing customer, I don't know if the 90 day thing applies (however I don't know why you'd need to get it unlocked from them if you were a happy customer already).

As another user mentioned, if you want an unlocked device, you are best to get it straight from the source rather than through a carrier. You're guaranteed the software updates straight from BlackBerry. And you will have more leverage with the carriers to get a better rate plan, along with the luxury of being able to shop around, if need be.
    Nexus and Pixel being the exception.
    03-02-17 11:02 AM
    Nexus and Pixel being the exception.
    Please explain...
    03-05-17 12:48 PM
    Please explain...
    sold unlock from any carrier
    03-05-17 01:11 PM
    sold unlock from any carrier
    Google has a lot more influence with carriers than TCL does. If the carriers agree to sell the KEYone, but only want locked versions, that's what they will get.
    03-05-17 01:45 PM