Paperweight?
    Two hour battery life and very slow...so yeah...near useless.
    11-13-19 08:50 PM
    I keep seeing $1000+ flagship phones.....

At least in the US that isn't the case. Verizon today you can go in and get an iPhone XR for $249 (upgrade) or $49 (new line) with a trade in for a 6S. Most all US carrier's have specials on the current and past Apple and Samsung flagships... Heck with BlackFriday coming I bet you could really get one cheap.
    No need at this point. Already had the Motion and the KEYone BE so we are good now. Thanks for the info though.
    11-13-19 08:53 PM
    I'm not a big apps kind of guy. If Google Maps, Uber/Lyft, and WhatsApp work, I'm good to go. So in my regard it is only the effective "LTS" (long term support) releases that affect someone like me when companies abandon support for Android 4 and require 6 to get into the modern world of runtime permissions, and similar such big jumps in minimum version support. From my perspective the KeyONE / Key2 will be good to use as a common device for a few years to come until Android 8 is considered ancient history and no longer supported.
    11-14-19 12:22 AM
    Two hour battery life and very slow...so yeah...near useless.
    That’s certainly not normal. Did you have it looked at by Apple?
    11-14-19 06:31 AM
    That’s certainly not normal. Did you have it looked at by Apple?
    No point. Phone is four years old. Time to move on. Thanks for all your concern.
    11-14-19 07:02 AM
    If social validation for your purchases is your goal, go with popular products in the appropriate price range for your social circle.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-14-19 08:00 AM
    I doubt TCL will ever want to generate a headline. They would rather see this die quietly.
    They as well as BlackBerry Ltd.

I don't know of any announcement about BBMP in Indonesian leaving the business...
    Haven't heard much about the issues between BB and Optiemus, other than Optiemus financial statement to shareholders...
    I doubt financially the ending of the licensing with all six licensees will really affect BB revenues or even outlook... as it's already been factored in. Chen probable knew in 2017 the end result.

For CrackBerry I think it's best to lay the cards on the table and allow everyone to decide for themselves. (where is Kevin these days... he is kinda like Groot.... "Asleep for the danger, awake for the money,")

Heck I taught in 2016 there was no way BlackBerry would ever bring the Mercury to market.... but they found a way for someone else to do it.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 11-14-19 at 10:31 AM.
    11-14-19 10:11 AM
    @mods

Obviously many posts were deleted in this thread. May I ask why my posts have also been deleted? I would like to know why.

I'm sure that I didn't violate the forum rules or inappropriately address a member of the community.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-14-19 10:59 AM
    @mods

Obviously many posts were deleted in this thread. May I ask why my posts have also been deleted? I would like to know why.

I'm sure that I didn't violate the forum rules or inappropriately address a member of the community.
    Yep... there appears to have been a major house cleaning done... Interesting that it happened after my post it appears which was not a post related to the thread topic but only my feelings about a comment made to a member. I certainly didn't feel my post was in violation of the Forum guidelines.

Bob
    11-14-19 11:16 AM
    I personally think and have found most people jump on the bandwagon and regurgitate all of the baseless claims they hear about BlackBerry.

Once most of the true IOS users realized how stuck they are in the apple ecosystem after I’ve shown them what they’re missing out on they consider switching or dual carry.

As long as it works for and suits your needs I wouldn’t worry. Having been a multi phone user for years it was always easy for me to point out where the BB shined over other operating systems.
    11-14-19 11:50 AM
    @mods

Yep... there appears to have been a major house cleaning done... Interesting that it happened after my post it appears which was not a post related to the thread topic but only my feelings about a comment made to a member. I certainly didn't feel my post was in violation of the Forum guidelines.

Bob
    When your posts are quoted in replies or intertwined as such, the posts are removed. Keep in mind you may not perceive that you’ve violated any term of service, but you’d never really knowingly do that would you?

If you’re the violator, you’ll receive a DM explaining with possible violation penalties as well. If you don’t receive a message, you’re merely the victim of the violation and said violator.

You won’t receive any response hashtagging a nonexistent group descriptor either. Simply contact the mod that posted the public explanation that’s usually done if you need further explanation than already provided. This isn’t brain surgery or rocket science.
    11-14-19 11:57 AM
    I personally think and have found most people jump on the bandwagon and regurgitate all of the baseless claims they hear about BlackBerry.

Once most of the true IOS users realized how stuck they are in the apple ecosystem after I’ve shown them what they’re missing out on they consider switching or dual carry.

As long as it works for and suits your needs I wouldn’t worry. Having been a multi phone user for years it was always easy for me to point out where the BB shined over other operating systems.
    That was true maybe 4-5 years ago. I’m not sure what I’m missing out with Android/iOS versus BBAndroid today. Especially iOS as much of the isolation disappeared as iOS responds to Android competitive OS pressures.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-14-19 11:59 AM
    When your posts are quoted in replies or intertwined as such, the posts are removed. Keep in mind you may not perceive that you’ve violated any term of service, but you’d never really knowingly do that would you?

If you’re the violator, you’ll receive a DM explaining with possible violation penalties as well. If you don’t receive a message, you’re merely the victim of the violation and said violator.

You won’t receive any response hashtagging a nonexistent group descriptor either. Simply contact the mod that posted the public explanation that’s usually done if you need further explanation than already provided. This isn’t brain surgery or rocket science.
    My one and only post in this thread was not quoted or intertwined with another post. It was a stand alone post... it was merely an observation and a comment made about statement by another member, and not specifically mentioning a member, about their comment.

I certainly didn't and don't feel it was in any way a violation of the Forum guidelines. There was no public explanation posted by a Mod... if there was I would have contacted them directly asking for an explanation.

Bob
    11-14-19 12:13 PM
    Being made fun of?-img_20191113_192115_edit.jpg

Better than trade-in value...hang on
    11-14-19 12:29 PM
    Using my BlackBerry Classic to upload scannable barcode coupons for shopping usually draws a crowd of cashiers: ooh look a BlackBerry and it surfs, swipes and has that retro keyboard. Some of these millennials have never seen a BlackBerry in the wild nor thought BlackBerry devices ever existed...LOL. I should introduce them to my PlayBook...hmm
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-14-19 12:36 PM

Thanks Chuck for the explanation, that's what I thought. But I would like to get an answer from the person who deleted my posts. I am not aware of any guilt and therefore deeply affected by the deletions.

Here in this thread there was a lot of discussion and the respective opinions were exchanged. I think that's ok and I didn't feel personally attacked by anyone here in any way. I hope the others here have the same opinion about my posts. We are adult people who can give blows, but can also take them.

I know there has been a thread about deleting posts before. But this example shows clearly, how problematic deletions are generally in a forum. I know what I'm talking about because I'm also co-admin in our German BlackBerry forum.

Anyone who violates our forum rules will be warned and temporarily blocked in case of a repeat posting. After that he can join the discussion again. If he should offend again against the rules, then a durable block takes place. But never, I stress, never, contributions are deleted!

Those responsible should also think about this here. Because what happens here is arbitrariness in my eyes. And besides the thread is so incoherent that it would make more sense to delete it completely.
    11-14-19 12:47 PM
    My one and only post in this thread was not quoted or intertwined with another post. It was a stand alone post... it was merely an observation and a comment made about statement by another member, and not specifically mentioning a member, about their comment.

I certainly didn't and don't feel it was in any way a violation of the Forum guidelines. There was no public explanation posted by a Mod... if there was I would have contacted them directly asking for an explanation.

Bob
    Thanks Chuck for the explanation, that's what I thought. But I would like to get an answer from the person who deleted my posts. I am not aware of any guilt and therefore deeply affected by the deletions.

Here in this thread there was a lot of discussion and the respective opinions were exchanged. I think that's ok and I didn't feel personally attacked by anyone here in any way. I hope the others here have the same opinion about my posts. We are adult people who can give blows, but can also take them.

I know there has been a thread about deleting posts before. But this example shows clearly, how problematic deletions are generally in a forum. I know what I'm talking about because I'm also co-admin in our German BlackBerry forum.

Anyone who violates our forum rules will be warned and temporarily blocked in case of a repeat posting. After that he can join the discussion again. If he should offend again against the rules, then a durable block takes place. But never, I stress, never, contributions are deleted!

Those responsible should also think about this here. Because what happens here is arbitrariness in my eyes. And besides the thread is so incoherent that it would make more sense to delete it completely.
    Not my circus so aren’t my drunken monkeys. If you really want an explanation, it’s provided in private and I believe the mods can identify the necessary persons.
    11-14-19 01:02 PM
    Think most people still need a physical keyboard, which is why you see people carrying around laptops.
    And tablets with keyboards!! (To be functional or they have a Chromebook) I 100% agree. Marketing and carrier support has always been the issue for BlackBerry. People that use a Key device generally enjoy the PKB experience and is the reason they purchased. In addition people are simply bored with slabs. There is no difference in a slab experience EXCEPT iOS limitations to Android in notification handling and the number of camera lens's on the back and Pixel (until the 4) and iPhone with the XR had proven to be sufficiently good with one. Shoot my BE KeyOne takes phenomenal outdoor shots. It only pales in comparison to my S9 in lowlight (which I don't shoot in often on my smartphone) And my KeyOne is comparable and even better than my daughters XR in daylight. Video Apple and Samsung do better BUT neither offers me a physical keyboard so its moot.

Watch how the new Motorola Razor does. I suspect many will flock back to this form factor for nothing more than nostalgia and something "different". To the OP use what works best for you and that which you can afford. Be happy and remember it's just a phone....
    11-14-19 01:19 PM

I have previously mentioned when this issue of deleted posts has come up before. I am a Moderator on a motorcycle Forum and we encounter similar issues there... as do all Forums based on my experience. We have a procedure to deal with offenders that violate the rules and regulations of the Forum. All Forums need this without a doubt but clearly here on CrackBerry their way of handling things are different.

Violators of the rules and regulations get fair warning and if necessary a temporary ban, or in some instances a permanent ban will be enforced. But we don't, and have never, indiscriminately deleted posts... unless a post is highly inflammatory, offensive, abusive, etc.

I don't agree with indiscriminately deleting posts, but CrackBerry obviously feels differently about this and that is their choice...

Bob
    11-14-19 01:20 PM
    I don't agree with indiscriminately deleting posts, but CrackBerry obviously feels differently about this and that is their choice...

Bob
    Since many of the offending posts are, by definition, from people who care more about being heard than being civil, deleting their posts and any posts that reference them, seems like a fitting consequence.

If you think someone has stepped out of line with personal attacks it's best not to quote them unless one is willing to have one's post deleted.

I'm at the point now where if I see a personal attack on someone's integrity or motives that makes me want to respond, I simply ignore it or report it if it's egregious. That's better than getting caught up in the nastiness.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-14-19 01:31 PM
    1) Mods a volunteers, they aren't paid.
    2) Mods are humans and thus something make mistakes.
    3) Mods at times get frustrated by those that overly confrontational about things.

There are times I miss conversations on a newsgroup/bullitboard... and there are times I'm tankful there is someone to step in and weed out the controversy.
    11-14-19 01:35 PM
    Since many of the offending posts are, by definition, from people who care more about being heard than being civil, deleting their posts and any posts that reference them, seems like a fitting consequence.

If you think someone has stepped out of line with personal attacks it's best not to quote them unless one is willing to have one's post deleted.
    I only quoted Conite in my contributions. Do you count him as one of those people? You don't mean that seriously!
    11-14-19 01:37 PM
    Not my circus so aren’t my drunken monkeys. If you really want an explanation, it’s provided in private and I believe the mods can identify the necessary persons.
    Are you making fun of my heritage? That's an old Polish proverb... BTW I am worried about my wife. I found a bottle of Polish remover in her medicine cabinet.
    11-14-19 01:40 PM
    I have literally posted on a topic recently, gotten super busy and upon return found thread blown up, cleaned up and closed over personal attacks. It reminded me of the old days except I didn’t have an inbox of warnings since I wasn’t involved. There’s no reason for behavior that becomes personal attacks. Unfortunately, VKB and PKB warriors in virtual space.
    11-14-19 01:40 PM
    1) Mods a volunteers, they aren't paid.
    2) Mods are humans and thus something make mistakes.
    3) Mods at times get frustrated by those that overly confrontational about things.

There are times I miss conversations on a newsgroup/bullitboard... and there are times I'm tankful there is someone to step in and weed out the controversy.
    I am with you with 1) and 2). But isn't it the job of a mod to act according to clear rules and not to make emotional decisions?

And isn't it the purpose of a forum to discuss different opinions? One likes the silver KEY2, the other the black model. One wants a better camera and another a wireless charging. One predicts the end of the world, another the paradise on earth. Anyone who doesn't like a topic or discussion should simply ignore it.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-14-19 01:50 PM
136 12345 ...