Have any of you KeyONE owners been made fun of for your phone? My brother in law called it a dinosaur phone and told me to get a real phone lol, and my sister gave me **** for the keyboard when she used it briefly to book a flight while we were traveling. "It's for people with little hands," I said, even though I have big hands.

And then I saw the difference between a "real phone" and my KeyONE. Sister has the latest big iPhone with the three cameras, and the pictures on that thing are phenomenal. My KeyONE pictures don't compare and are considerably dimmer and crappier. Naturally, I was told "that's what you get with a real phone" when I marveled at the picture quality.
    11-13-19 04:31 AM
    If your priority is camera and media consumption - and not communications and typing - then a KEYx device is not for you.
    Laura Knotek and TSIAGO77 like this.
    11-13-19 04:43 AM
    If your priority is camera and media consumption - and not communications and typing - then a KEYx device is not for you.
    *anything other than the sensation of typing on plastic
    melhiore and TSIAGO77 like this.
    11-13-19 06:49 AM
    The thing is with the cost of the $1,000 Apple, Samsung flagship phone these days, you could pick up a BlackBerry Key device for less than half that and spend the rest on a dedicated compact camera that will still take better photos than any phones. That's what I do for my usage. And BlackBerry camera is still more than good enough for the document scanning used for productivity.
    TSIAGO77 likes this.
    11-13-19 08:27 AM
    The thing is with the cost of the $1,000 Apple, Samsung flagship phone these days, you could pick up a BlackBerry Key device for less than half that and spend the rest on a dedicated compact camera that will still take better photos than any phones. That's what I do for my usage. And BlackBerry camera is still more than good enough for the document scanning used for productivity.
    You do know that the iPhone 11 starts at $699, only $50 more than the KEY2?

If you are a shopper... iPhone XR from last year (like the KEY2s), Verizon has the 128GB version for $649 + an extra $300 off right now for an upgrade, or $500 off for new accounts.

You don't have to spend $1000 to get a flagship phone.

You buy a KEY device because you want the keyboard.
    11-13-19 09:07 AM
    Apple should buy BlackBerry Mobile
    11-13-19 11:52 AM
    Have any of you KeyONE owners been made fun of for your phone? My brother in law called it a dinosaur phone and told me to get a real phone lol, and my sister gave me **** for the keyboard when she used it briefly to book a flight while we were traveling. "It's for people with little hands," I said, even though I have big hands.

And then I saw the difference between a "real phone" and my KeyONE. Sister has the latest big iPhone with the three cameras, and the pictures on that thing are phenomenal. My KeyONE pictures don't compare and are considerably dimmer and crappier. Naturally, I was told "that's what you get with a real phone" when I marveled at the picture quality.
    Have you considered that the phone is only a hook and the brother-in-law maybe she can any excuse to make fun of you? I've seen that …
    Laura Knotek and Sigewif like this.
    11-13-19 11:53 AM
    Apple should buy BlackBerry Mobile
    Why?

My view Apple would be that last one that would be interested in the IP, QNX or Enterprise business.
    11-13-19 12:00 PM
    Why?

My view Apple would be that last one that would be interested in the IP, QNX or Enterprise business.
    Nope, BlackBerry MobILe
    11-13-19 12:07 PM
    Nope, BlackBerry MobILe
    What’s in that deal for Apple that makes any sense, business or social?
    11-13-19 12:16 PM
    With BOGO deals, last year, two XR cost $375 each and this year 11 cost $350 each on BOGO type deals.

Even without BOGO, the XR is roughly same price and newer device. The PKB is simply a tax. Flagships cost more. Mid-tier Android/iOS hardware priced the same or cheaper for better specs as PKB trade off.
    11-13-19 12:19 PM
    Portrait oriented PKB of any kind is good to me…
    11-13-19 12:20 PM

Just ask her to do a BOGO deal for a free iPhone with you.
    11-13-19 12:21 PM
    They would not understand.
    Blackberry started swipe gestures and bbm they made it imessage.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 12:39 PM
    Portrait oriented PKB of any kind is good to me…
    But there is no market for them... I don't even think Apple could sell a PKB phone in volume enough to make it worth their while.

But I do wish they would so finally we could get that put to bed.
    11-13-19 01:05 PM
    I don't even think Apple could sell a PKB phone in volume enough to make it worth their while.
    Highly disagree.

If it has an Apple logo on the back, it will sell.

At the very least, it will break even for them, easily.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-13-19 01:23 PM
    Apple will do anything to get one more user... their appstore is where the money is
    11-13-19 01:39 PM
    And I would be on it like the rat I am
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-13-19 01:39 PM
    Highly disagree.

I doubt we will ever know which of us is right....

I just remember when everyone HTC, Sony, Nokia, Samsung, LG, BlackBerry, Palm, Moto... all made PKB phone. If the format sold well enough, I think some of them would have kept making them.

Apple spends a lot of time on design and functional... I do think they'd make a great PKB. But I think there might be a market of maybe two of three million that would want a PKB over a big display. Of those 1/4 would wait four or five years for it to be heavily discounted, 1/8 would say it's too big, 1/8 would say it's not wide enough, 1/4 would never buy anything Apple.... so they might end up selling a million units at best. That's not worth their time...

HomePods aren't breaking any sales records, neither is Apple TV... you can bet an Apple PKB would be just as overpriced... make TCL's BlackBerries look like a great buy.
    Laura Knotek and TSIAGO77 like this.
    11-13-19 01:47 PM
    Nope, BlackBerry MobILe
    First, BlackBerry Mobile is not a company, and it is no longer a standalone department.
    Secondly, what does BlackBerry Mobile have to make someone interested in getting them?
    11-13-19 01:52 PM
    Highly disagree.

The point wasn’t break even or profitable. It’s worthwhile? It would have to sell enough new devices without cannibalizing existing VKB customers. Selling 10 million PKB if losing 10 million VKB loses profits and not risk smart. The damage to iPhone brand and image could also be problematic. There’s probably 100 people in Apple who’s job is to decide these offerings every year. Their jobs and bonuses are tied into new successful formats and rehash of the old. Desktops and laptops have PKB. Tablets and Phones have VKB. Since that industry standard for 100 million+ devices per year, there has to be supportive data that isn’t just self-fulfilled prophecy.
    11-13-19 01:55 PM
    Apple spends a lot of time on design and functional...
    And yet they haven't figured out how to make it that iPhone users can pull down the notification shade or go back a page without awkwardly stretching their hand to the top left corner of the display, on those gigantic, unergonomic slabs.
    11-13-19 01:55 PM
    Have the opposite experience. Almost every day, someone says, "Is that a BlackBerry?" Then they try it for a bit and, when they learn that it runs Android, ask me how they can get one and why they never see any promotion for it.
    CheckWriter likes this.
    11-13-19 01:56 PM
    Have the opposite experience. Almost every day, someone says, "Is that a BlackBerry?" Then they try it for a bit and, when they learn that it runs Android, ask me how they can get one and why they never see any promotion for it.
    Seriously? I’ve always taken comments like that as people just being polite. If any of these people were sincere, the next visit, they’d have a new BBMo device. That’s never happened.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-13-19 02:00 PM
    And yet they haven't figured out how to make it that iPhone users can pull down the notification shade or go back a page without awkwardly stretching their hand to the top left corner of the display, on those gigantic, unergonomic slabs.
    I agree that for the most part my iPhone is a two handed device. Still getting use to the changes from Android.

I do miss the days of typing out replies on my 9650 without even looking at it, or the one handed functionality of my Z10. But for my usage today I'd much rather have a bigger display, with great battery life and a top of the line camera.

I do hope someone keeps making a PKBs for those here that love them... but I just don't see much of a market for it. I think KEYs will be the best option for years to come...
    11-13-19 02:15 PM
136 123 ...