Seriously? I’ve always taken comments like that as people just being polite. If any of these people were sincere, the next visit, they’d have a new BBMo device. That’s never happened.
    Pink Hair.... people for the most part will be nice to your face, but behind your back they'll be very different.

Took months for my real color to grow back in....
    11-13-19 02:21 PM
    Seriously? I’ve always taken comments like that as people just being polite. If any of these people were sincere, the next visit, they’d have a new BBMo device. That’s never happened.
    Specifically, on Friday night, at a walkthrough, three people -- one a studio exec, one a publicist, and one a celebrity all asked to try my BlackBerry KEY2 (my team uses BlackBerry devices to coordinate shows, etc.). On Monday night, the same publicist and the celebrity were back at the Glamour Magazine Women of the Year Awards. The celebrity pulled out the BlackBerry KEY2 in the Green Room and the publicist said, "You already got it? How is that even possible." The interest level in BlackBerry devices keeps growing.
    TSIAGO77 likes this.
    11-13-19 02:28 PM
    The interest level in BlackBerry devices keeps growing.
    Sadly it's pretty clear that sales don't indicate that at all....

It would be interesting to see how sales in Canada went... most carrier's supported BBMo, there was some marketing and for sure a good amount of national pride (even if misplaced).
    11-13-19 02:34 PM
    Sadly it's pretty clear that sales don't indicate that at all....

It would be interesting to see how sales in Canada went... most carrier's supported BBMo, there was some marketing and for sure a good amount of national pride (even if misplaced).
    No, the sales suck as there's been limited marketing. These people never even heard of the KEYone or the KEY2. With proper marketing, it'd work.
    TSIAGO77 likes this.
    11-13-19 02:39 PM
    Pink Hair.... people for the most part will be nice to your face, but behind your back they'll be very different.

Took months for my real color to grow back in....
    LMAO ——
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-13-19 02:49 PM
    No, the sales suck as there's been limited marketing. These people never even heard of the KEYone or the KEY2. With proper marketing, it'd work.
    Maybe...

It's clear that TCL wasn't willing to put that much into the brand... Before marketing they really should have paid for the space in Carrier's lineups.

Moot point now...
    joshualebowitz and TSIAGO77 like this.
    11-13-19 02:50 PM
    Specifically, on Friday night, at a walkthrough, three people -- one a studio exec, one a publicist, and one a celebrity all asked to try my BlackBerry KEY2 (my team uses BlackBerry devices to coordinate shows, etc.). On Monday night, the same publicist and the celebrity were back at the Glamour Magazine Women of the Year Awards. The celebrity pulled out the BlackBerry KEY2 in the Green Room and the publicist said, "You already got it? How is that even possible." The interest level in BlackBerry devices keeps growing.
    If only my clients and fellow planners etc were the same way. Although, polite for years about my BB10 and BBAndroid hardware and knowing I always still dual carried, the comments I hear now when only using my iPhone and unaware my KEYone on WiFi is still in my pocket for any possible client data not yet migrated over. Basically, glad I joined 2010 in 2020 from practically all of them. I’m more tech savvy than most all of my clients yet many think of their iPhone SE and 6 or some five year old Android device running Lollipop 5 or Marshmallow 6 was ahead of my KEYone running Oreo 8.1 and they didn’t know.
    11-13-19 02:53 PM
    If only my clients and fellow planners etc were the same way. Although, polite for years about my BB10 and BBAndroid hardware and knowing I always still dual carried, the comments I hear now when only using my iPhone and unaware my KEYone on WiFi is still in my pocket for any possible client data not yet migrated over. Basically, glad I joined 2010 in 2020 from practically all of them. I’m more tech savvy than most all of my clients yet many think of their iPhone SE and 6 or some five year old Android device running Lollipop 5 or Marshmallow 6 was ahead of my KEYone running Oreo 8.1 and they didn’t know.
    I do agree that a LOT of marketing would be required to fix the general view that BlackBerry and keyboard are outdated... I just don't know how you'd ever balance it out. It's clear that wasn't TCL plan, they taught that Enterprise still needed BlackBerry and that all TCL had to do was provide the phones. They never planned to chase consumers or rebuild that aspect of the business. I bet they expected the Motion and that other year one slab (delayed and I guess canceled) were going to be the heart of their sales.... as Enterprise doesn't even need PKBs at this point.
    11-13-19 03:05 PM
    I do agree that a LOT of marketing would be required to fix the general view that BlackBerry and keyboard are outdated... I just don't know how you'd ever balance it out. It's clear that wasn't TCL plan, they taught that Enterprise still needed BlackBerry and that all TCL had to do was provide the phones. They never planned to chase consumers or rebuild that aspect of the business. I bet they expected the Motion and that other year one slab (delayed and I guess canceled) were going to be the heart of their sales.... as Enterprise doesn't even need PKBs at this point.
    Think most people still need a physical keyboard, which is why you see people carrying around laptops.
    11-13-19 03:08 PM
    Think most people still need a physical keyboard, which is why you see people carrying around laptops.
    The PKB on any mobile phone cannot truly replicate the PKB on standard laptop. The mobile OS also can’t truly replicate traditional OS for all functionality. Those are the reasons people still carry laptops.
    11-13-19 03:18 PM
    The PKB on any mobile phone cannot truly replicate the PKB on standard laptop. The mobile OS also can’t truly replicate traditional OS for all functionality. Those are the reasons people still carry laptops.
    Right, for some people. Still, some carry a laptop just to edit Word documents and draft long e-mails. Those tasks can be completely more quickly on a BlackBerry and some young people, who have never owned BlackBerry devices (including some who currently work at BlackBerry and were at their recent NYSE event), don't even realize what they are missing.
    truth4u likes this.
    11-13-19 03:24 PM
    Big difference in needing a full physical keyboard and a tiny PKB on a phone....

Josh it is a moot point.... by all signs TCL is done with their partnership with BlackBerry and based on the rumored sales, I don't see how BlackBerry would attract anyone else. Enterprise has moved on, and it's clear there isn't much of a market for PKBs.

If you know some folks that like the looks and function of your KEY2... just finding a way to buy them is a challenge these days. More likely to end up with one from India. And once they find out the OS is two version behind and not getting an update....
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    11-13-19 03:25 PM
    Big difference in needing a full physical keyboard and a tiny PKB on a phone....

Josh it is a moot point.... by all signs TCL is done with their partnership with BlackBerry and based on the rumored sales, I don't see how BlackBerry would attract anyone else. Enterprise has moved on, and it's clear there isn't much of a market for PKBs.

If you know some folks that like the looks and function of your KEY2... just finding a way to buy them is a challenge these days. More likely to end up with one from India. And once they find out the OS is two version behind and not getting an update....
    Fully agree with you.
    11-13-19 03:27 PM
    Right, for some people. Still, some carry a laptop just to edit Word documents and draft long e-mails. Those tasks can be completely more quickly on a BlackBerry and some young people, who have never owned BlackBerry devices (including some who currently work at BlackBerry and were at their recent NYSE event), don't even realize what they are missing.
    Some of those people may have been hired after BB left the mobile hardware business too :-D
    11-13-19 03:30 PM
    I haven't been made fun of yet. But my wife just got the latest iOS update on her 6S Plus and it made it a paperweight. Now she's using my Motion and I'm on the KEYone Black Edition. no $1000+ new iPhone for us, thanks.
    11-13-19 03:32 PM
    I haven't been made fun of yet. But my wife just got the latest iOS update on her 6S Plus and it made it a paperweight. Now she's using my Motion and I'm on the KEYone Black Edition. no $1000+ new iPhone for us, thanks.
    Ouch. I'd still go to an Apple store and try to see what you can do about it.

Chances are, they'll offer to use it as trade-in value towards a new iPhone... and that value won't be much, it being a 4 year old iPhone.

Or, sell it for parts on eBay and get something out of it.

Who knows, you may get enough to buy a used Priv lol
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-13-19 03:49 PM
    I keep seeing $1000+ flagship phones.....

At least in the US that isn't the case. Verizon today you can go in and get an iPhone XR for $249 (upgrade) or $49 (new line) with a trade in for a 6S. Most all US carrier's have specials on the current and past Apple and Samsung flagships... Heck with BlackFriday coming I bet you could really get one cheap.
    TgeekB and pdr733 like this.
    11-13-19 03:57 PM
    If your priority is camera and media consumption - and not communications and typing - then a KEYx device is not for you.
    *anything other than the sensation of typing on plastic
    Yep, and hence why I have a KeyONE to begin with. I had been waiting for the modern Android with a keyboard since Motorola decided not to pursue any further keyed devices after the almighty original Droid, and what a phone that was.

Have you considered that the phone is only a hook and the brother-in-law maybe she can any excuse to make fun of you? I've seen that …
    It's all in good humor within my family, no offense given or taken. I have always used the "quirky" or "old" phones with keyboards, and all my friends give me lighthearted **** for being a dinosaur as well.

Just ask her to do a BOGO deal for a free iPhone with you.
    I'm considering doing one of those with my dad as his 5S is starting to see the first hints of Apple's wonderful planned obsolescence.

They would not understand.
    Blackberry started swipe gestures and bbm they made it imessage.

Posted via CB10
    Yep! I tell that to everyone, that your new favorite keyless gesturing was designed and perfected by BlackBerry first!

That's pretty cool! So far I have met only one person, a friend of mine, who became a convert to the KeyONE after trying mine.
    11-13-19 04:34 PM
    Yes, your example clearly shows that BlackBerry Key device sales are set to explode. Any day now Apple will be out of business. John Chen will come crawling back asking for forgiveness and return to the hardware business.

Ok, I was kidding.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-13-19 04:43 PM
    LMAO ——
    Gotta love comments like this!
    11-13-19 04:44 PM
    Paperweight?
    11-13-19 04:49 PM
    Paperweight?
    I wonder what's worse:

BlackBerry's that don't get updates at all or iPhones that brick after an update

11-13-19 04:54 PM
    I wonder what's worse:

BlackBerry's that don't get updates at all or iPhones that brick after an update

All I know is a trip to an Apple store would fix any update issues.
    There is no fix for no updates.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    11-13-19 04:56 PM
    I have a Key2 and work with school-aged kids. I use it in the classroom for various purposes.

The kids used to make fun of me and say that their phones were better. I would just say "Are you happy with your phone?" And they would say yes. And then I would say "Good, and I'm happy with mine because I like clicky buttons. So we're both happy with our phones."

And after that, they didn't care.
    11-13-19 05:49 PM
    Me too, whenever I ride on any Public Transport in London. People are simply in awe of it. And don’t underestimate how rare it is for anyone to even make eye contact on PT in London, let alone strike up a conversation. Why can’t they just get the marketing right, then we could all feel safe again.
    Have the opposite experience. Almost every day, someone says, "Is that a BlackBerry?" Then they try it for a bit and, when they learn that it runs Android, ask me how they can get one and why they never see any promotion for it.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    11-13-19 05:55 PM
136 1234 ...