I just wanted to post in part my recent Amazon review of this phone (if it's the wrong place forgive me)

It updated to 8.1.0 Oreo as soon as I powered it up.

Security patch: Dec 5th 2018

BB100-7 unlocked international edition

So Yes, I am a Blackberry devotee (Storm, Torch, Bold, Z10, Passport etc) I had vainly held on to my Passport Silver edition until Dec 25th 2018 because my sideloaded android whatsapp was buggy (I am in Jamaica and this app is important to me) and i had damaged my front camera.
    I knew I had to take the plunge and really do not like android for its ads and i just wasnt used to its OS.

I am very impressed with the phone and its speed and any negatives for the most part is me getting acclimatised to the new OS.
    I miss the "swipe up to minimize" and "speed dial" grid for your favorites but there are alot of positives like google maps working fluidly, the multitude of Apps is a revelation - it is worth noting that alot of the Android version of Apps like Instgram, Amazon and box storage to name a few are so much more feature rich compared to what i was using with BB10.
    I cannot say enough about the fingerprint reader with near 100% perfect usage and lightning quick operation.

There is also many BB app holdovers like Task, Event, password keeper note etc and the much discussed DTEK BB security feature (it advised me that whatsapp accessed the phones microphone after receiving a whatsapp call).
    Battery life is excellent and as I am not a "hard" user it easily lasts a day+ and on par with my Passport.
    worth noting coming from a Passport's stereo speakers that the speaker volume on the Keyone I deem average when listening to media or have calls on speaker and especially the ring volume, maybe this is "standard" and I was spoilt with the Passport? But it's been my main gripe

Alot of things that you would have needed to get an app on BB10 for i have found as standard on Android e.g an ability to set a time frame to stop notifications at night)

Last word of warning, and this is an ANDROID specific issue more than the phone but worth a mention there is a temptation when migrating from BB to Android to go a little App mad, personally I have no games and no "silly" apps on my phone I went ahead and downloaded apps for my business use , PDF reader by adobe, Microsoft excel & word, Box, Instagram, Amazon kindle, evernote etc and have had no problems - I went ahead and downloaded a note taking app to realise that it shows me an ad after i hung up on every call- that was removed.

all in all very happy and loving this phone

Regards David
    01-18-19 08:02 AM
    Sounds like all is going well. How is your cellular reception on your new BE K1?
    01-18-19 03:18 PM
    quality of screen (size and ppi) speakers mic and antennae are inferior to that of the passport. however I am enjoying the keyone.
    01-18-19 03:47 PM
    Sounds like all is going well. How is your cellular reception on your new BE K1?
    If I had to call it I would say good - Digicel is the main carrier and it's had some issue of late
    01-18-19 07:06 PM
    I went from an OG Passport to a K1BE on Christmas and in terms of the reception, I find that while it is similar, if not a bar less in some places than my Passport on Freedom Mobile (Canada) the signal is still usable whereas on my Passport it wasn't.

My carrier also blocks BlackBerry devices from using their LTE network, so it is nice to now get LTE as well.

Just to note, when I discussed low bars still being usable, I'm talking about 3G to 3G to keep the comparison even
    01-20-19 11:38 AM
    I went from an OG Passport to a K1BE on Christmas and in terms of the reception, I find that while it is similar, if not a bar less in some places than my Passport on Freedom Mobile (Canada) the signal is still usable whereas on my Passport it wasn't.

My carrier also blocks BlackBerry devices from using their LTE network, so it is nice to now get LTE as well.

Just to note, when I discussed low bars still being usable, I'm talking about 3G to 3G to keep the comparison even
    Still it's reception is far from really perfect. It's a known fact and a bit of shame. It's not really expensive anymore though, so whatever.
    01-20-19 12:14 PM