Well... as the saying goes, "The s**t has hit the fan". What I mean by that is that we already lost BBM consumer not too long ago and if any of us who rely on BBM wanted to continue, we needed to embrace the paid version BBMe. No problem at all! No issue with paying what is less than a starbucks venti cafe mocha once every six months.

I install BBMe on my mother's (DTEK60), my mother in-law's (KEYone), my two boys aged 12 and 9 (2 X DTEK60s) and for my wife and I (2 x KEYones). BBMe was important for secure video conferencing or regular audio calls back and forth for all of us especially for my mother and mother in-law when they need help with anything tech as I can see what their issue is at which I explain to them how to fix said issue. (computer/wifi router etc...)

The biggest one was with my 9 year old as his DTEK60 (my former phone) does not have a sim unlike his older brother. With that said... having BBMe allowed him to call us, his brother and grandparents and vice versa without the need for a sim card since he has wifi where he most frequents. (school, public library, home and around the VGA *Vancouver Greater Area* thanks to Telus hotspot and Shaw Go Wifi hotspots.)

Moving along...2 days ago, he had an issue taking a picture of his online school work which he printed at home to show us via BBMe. When I came home and in trying to help him fix his issue, the easiest way when things don't work properly was to just simply uninstall and re-install the app.

To my dismay...BBMe was no longer available on his phone via Google Play Store. Went to his "My apps &games/library" to see if it's there so that I can re-install it but again, no where to be found.

After sending an email to BBMe tech support, they said Android 6 is no longer supported. Now my mother and my older son who have BBMe have no issues and was told by tech support to NOT uninstall it as it will still work.

He said that unfortunately for my 9 year old... the only way for him to have it back was to find the latest BBMe apk or one previous. I've looked at apk mirror and lots of others (very weary in using apks from unofficial 3rd party vs. GPS or BlackBerry websites)

So... with my KEYone, could some of you "TECH GURUS" please point me in the right direction where and how to extract my current bbme.apk? Then I could then email it to my son's DTEK60 and install it back on his DTEK60. I get it that older models will eventually lose support for apps but for an OEM BlackBerry Android phone (DTEK60) to NOT be able to have BBMe made by Blackberry is the final SLAP in all our faces who have supported BB for eons. Yes I know there's facebook messenger, facebook child messenger, whatsapp etc...etc...etc... but i felt safe, secure and at ease that for personal videos ,conversations let alone plain messages with NO SPYING from Google/Facebook that being on BBMe was the way to go. That's ENTERPRISE class for crying out loud!!

Again, sorry for the rant, but if anyone know how I can extract the bbme.apk on my KEYone or even my other son's DTEK60 please let me know.
    04-24-20 06:53 PM
    Again, sorry for the rant, but if anyone know how I can extract the bbme.apk on my KEYone or even my other son's DTEK60 please let me know.
    You can get an older apk here.

https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/441234/
    04-24-20 07:07 PM
    Well... as the saying goes, "The s**t has hit the fan". What I mean by that is that we already lost BBM consumer not too long ago and if any of us who rely on BBM wanted to continue, we needed to embrace the paid version BBMe. No problem at all! No issue with paying what is less than a starbucks venti cafe mocha once every six months.

I install BBMe on my mother's (DTEK60), my mother in-law's (KEYone), my two boys aged 12 and 9 (2 X DTEK60s) and for my wife and I (2 x KEYones). BBMe was important for secure video conferencing or regular audio calls back and forth for all of us especially for my mother and mother in-law when they need help with anything tech as I can see what their issue is at which I explain to them how to fix said issue. (computer/wifi router etc...)

The biggest one was with my 9 year old as his DTEK60 (my former phone) does not have a sim unlike his older brother. With that said... having BBMe allowed him to call us, his brother and grandparents and vice versa without the need for a sim card since he has wifi where he most frequents. (school, public library, home and around the VGA *Vancouver Greater Area* thanks to Telus hotspot and Shaw Go Wifi hotspots.)

Moving along...2 days ago, he had an issue taking a picture of his online school work which he printed at home to show us via BBMe. When I came home and in trying to help him fix his issue, the easiest way when things don't work properly was to just simply uninstall and re-install the app.

To my dismay...BBMe was no longer available on his phone via Google Play Store. Went to his "My apps &games/library" to see if it's there so that I can re-install it but again, no where to be found.

After sending an email to BBMe tech support, they said Android 6 is no longer supported. Now my mother and my older son who have BBMe have no issues and was told by tech support to NOT uninstall it as it will still work.

He said that unfortunately for my 9 year old... the only way for him to have it back was to find the latest BBMe apk or one previous. I've looked at apk mirror and lots of others (very weary in using apks from unofficial 3rd party vs. GPS or BlackBerry websites)

So... with my KEYone, could some of you "TECH GURUS" please point me in the right direction where and how to extract my current bbme.apk? Then I could then email it to my son's DTEK60 and install it back on his DTEK60. I get it that older models will eventually lose support for apps but for an OEM BlackBerry Android phone (DTEK60) to NOT be able to have BBMe made by Blackberry is the final SLAP in all our faces who have supported BB for eons. Yes I know there's facebook messenger, facebook child messenger, whatsapp etc...etc...etc... but i felt safe, secure and at ease that for personal videos ,conversations let alone plain messages with NO SPYING from Google/Facebook that being on BBMe was the way to go. That's ENTERPRISE class for crying out loud!!

The recent version of BBMe no longer works on Marshmallow.

Here is the last version that does:

https://www.apk4fun.com/go.php?id=co...6v%3D1.10.0.17

No guarantees as to how long it will continue to work.
    04-24-20 07:25 PM
    Thx guys for the links! Both my 9 year old and myself are grateful as he can now use BBMe again!
    04-25-20 12:29 AM
    Thx guys for the links! Both my 9 year old and myself are grateful as he can now use BBMe again!
    For now. Probably time to look at alternatives.

Telegram is a good one. Just hit 400 million users.
    04-25-20 12:34 AM
    For now. Probably time to look at alternatives.

Telegram is a good one. Just hit 400 million users.
    Yeah both my boys pretty much have new DTEK60s (formerly mine and my wife's) because I've replaced both with new screens and new batteries lasting about 2 days each. They install pretty much what ever game or app is out there including Zoom and Microsoft Teams for school.

BBMe was perfect for our video conferencing needs as we knew the importance of secure (spying, ad based, data collecting apps aka Google/Facebook).

Until BBMe no longer works on their phones...telegram will most likely be our next go to app. For now though like I've said...don't mind paying $5.50ish every 6 months knowing the app is secure, encrypted no where near the prying hands of Facebook /Google...

But thanks again for the link as his BBMe on his DTEK60 is back 👍

Link much easier than me trying to find and copy the apk off my KEYone.
    Last edited by qphone; 04-25-20 at 10:48 AM.
    04-25-20 10:38 AM
    Yeah both my boys pretty much have new DTEK60s (formerly mine and my wife's) because I've replaced both with new screens and new batteries lasting about 2 days each. They install pretty much what ever game or app is out there including Zoom and Microsoft Teams for school.

BBMe was perfect for our video conferencing needs as we knew the importance of secure (spying, ad based, data collecting apps aka Google/Facebook).

Until BBMe no longer works on their phones...telegram will most likely be our next go to app. For now though like I've said...don't mind paying $5.50ish every 6 months knowing the app is secure, encrypted no where near the prying hands of Facebook /Google...

But thanks again for the link as his BBMe on his DTEK60 is back 👍

Link much easier than me trying to find and copy the apk off my KEYone.
    The irony of it all...
    04-30-20 11:38 AM