Anyone done it yet?

It should work and be compatible across-the-board with their WiFi and VoLTE given the bands, provided TCL hasn't done something screwy with the radio code.

I'm very interested in the KeyOne but I want the model that's cross-carrier compatible, thus the question....
    06-21-17 04:28 PM
    Very curious as well. If it works perfect with T-Mobile, cdma version may be more appealing option.
    06-21-17 05:39 PM
    Definitely the better choice as it enables all-carrier mobility.

Btw why hasn't CBK tried this, given how obvious it is....
    Last edited by tickerguy; 06-21-17 at 07:33 PM.
    06-21-17 06:26 PM
    if the CDMA version works for all carriers, why would they make a separate GSM version?
    06-22-17 12:21 AM
    Perhaps because Verizon was (or is) considering actually carrying it.

There's no particular reason why it shouldn't work, incidentally -- unless it's intentionally crippled. But I'm not about to eat a restocking charge to find out.

Note that the "GSM" version will connect to Verizon (it can see their LTE towers) -- it's just that you won't have voice service in many areas since there are plenty of places even today where Verizon has no VoLTE and without a CDMA radio capability the GSM model will only work for data in those areas.

Someone with a "CDMA" version has to have a friend or family member with a T-Mobile SIM.. it'll take about 3 minutes to find out if it "fully works" and would make the -3 model the one to buy if you live in the US if you're on T-Mobile at least. It should also work on AT&T; their "Band 17" issue shouldn't be a gating factor because Band 17 is in fact the same thing as Band 12 but minus A-block (the lowest frequency block in the group) which means a phone with Band 12 should connect on a Band 17 signal.
    06-22-17 08:58 AM
    Perhaps because Verizon was (or is) considering actually carrying it.

There's no particular reason why it shouldn't work, incidentally -- unless it's intentionally crippled. But I'm not about to eat a restocking charge to find out.

Note that the "GSM" version will connect to Verizon (it can see their LTE towers) -- it's just that you won't have voice service in many areas since there are plenty of places even today where Verizon has no VoLTE and without a CDMA radio capability the GSM model will only work for data in those areas.

Someone with a "CDMA" version has to have a friend or family member with a T-Mobile SIM.. it'll take about 3 minutes to find out if it "fully works" and would make the -3 model the one to buy if you live in the US if you're on T-Mobile at least. It should also work on AT&T; their "Band 17" issue shouldn't be a gating factor because Band 17 is in fact the same thing as Band 12 but minus A-block (the lowest frequency block in the group) which means a phone with Band 12 should connect on a Band 17 signal.
    So I went the other way because I can't find a CDMA version.

You are spot on regarding Verizon, SMS and Data work, but no voice.
    07-14-17 12:58 PM
    I have a BBB100-3 CDMA Keyone. I have only used it with T-Mobile USA. I have tried the airline WiFi calling and data (that was cool, I BBM video called my family from 10,000+ ft.), other WiFi calling works as well.

The only problem I have found is using VoLTE calling another T-Mobile Customer and they do not answer - the result is a call failure, not an answering machine. Turning off VoLTE under IMS settings.

I did get a replacement as a result of screen lift - fell out completely. My replacement is actually a new device manufacture date of Aug. 7, 2017.
    From request to receiving replacement was about one calendar week. I am surprised.

If y'all have any questions or tests you'd like performed using the CDMA Keyone on T-Mobile, just let me know. I'll try to help.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-17 06:01 PM
    I had the same issue with my KEYone that I bought from the UK to the United States. It would make calls but if they didn't answer it would say call failure and hang up. Luckily my screen popped out and I got a completely different KEYone for the US
    09-18-17 05:48 PM
    After the new update AAO472 the problem has ceased. As far as I can tell, there are no more issues using CDMA BBB100-3 an T-Mobile USA
    phuoc likes this.
    09-21-17 12:17 PM