Do you need the Verizon apps?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-17 06:53 PM
    You should get an update already for UK. BBB100-2 is on AAK879 at the moment
    KEYone has an "update" app pre-installed. Makes it easy to check for updates that's for sure.
    05-15-17 07:06 PM
    So the crazy old wulf was correct all along, and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will work on Verizon via BYOD. Can't wait for the CDMA version to cross the pond!
    05-15-17 09:42 PM
    So the crazy old wulf was correct all along, and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will work on Verizon via BYOD. Can't wait for the CDMA version to cross the pond!
    Told you so...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-15-17 09:46 PM
    Told you so...
    LoL! Uh-huh
    05-15-17 09:47 PM
    Glad that HD voice works. For some reason I can't get it activated on my VZW branded PRIV
    I've had it going on my priv from day one. WiFi calling came with marshmallow. Works on my mother's as well. Wonder why it won't kick in on yours.
    05-15-17 09:56 PM
    This is VERY interesting. I'm assuming they will have US v2 available for order come the next weeks. But if not.
    If not the EMEA version will still be missing Verizon's primary LTE band, 13. This will "happen to work" in cities and major data congestion areas where Verizon's LTE 2 and 4 bands are picking up the slack. In very high phone density areas ( events with large number of people) and/or out in lower populated areas, coverage will probably range from somewhat spotty to horrible.
    05-15-17 09:56 PM
    Any news on WiFi calling
    05-15-17 09:58 PM
    If not the EMEA version will still be missing Verizon's primary LTE band, 13. This will "happen to work" in cities and major data congestion areas where Verizon's LTE 2 and 4 bands are picking up the slack. In very high phone density areas ( events with large number of people) and/or out in lower populated areas, coverage will probably range from somewhat spotty to horrible.
    So is waiting for V2 in the US key so you can get LTE band 13? I'm in NYC so definitely a major data congestion area. I'm not at all savvy about bands and such. (My knowledge goes about as far as knowing that band exist.)
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-15-17 10:34 PM
    So is waiting for V2 in the US key so you can get LTE band 13? I'm in NYC so definitely a major data congestion area. I'm not at all savvy about bands and such. (My knowledge goes about as far as knowing that band exist.)
    What we're waiting for is the V3 CDMA model.
    05-15-17 10:41 PM
    Hey all,

I ordered a BB100-02 from Selfridges and popped in my Verizon SIM. After setting preferred network to LTE/CDMA it seems to work pretty flawlessly. VOLTE enabling took some manual effort to get working but download anycut or the secret codes app from play store to tick whatever you need for VOLTE Provisioning. Make sure you get the My Verizon app as well and you should be ok in LTE areas....Just thought I'd share.
    Cool! Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    05-15-17 10:46 PM
    For LTE bands 2, 4 and 13 for Big Red? Okay thanks!

05-15-17 10:49 PM
    For LTE bands 2, 4 and 13 for Big Red? Okay thanks!

BlackBerry KEYone Specs and Features | CrackBerry.com

Network (NA CDMA)
    LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/20/25/26/28/29/30
    TD-LTE Band 41
    CDMA BC 0/1/10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-15-17 10:55 PM
    Still don't suggest using the -2 unless you never move outside of your coverage and never plan to lol.
    05-16-17 01:28 AM
    Its actually V2 US model....which is the CDMA model.
    05-16-17 02:03 AM
    Still don't suggest using the -2 unless you never move outside of your coverage and never plan to lol.
    Can't agree with this more. This -2 model "works" on Verizon. The built in updates app doesn't recognize the latest version so you need to use the autoloader to update. In my experience, the HD Voice only became "functional" after making sure the VOLTE provisioning flag is checked in the phone settings dialer menu. WIFI calling can be "enabled" if you add the wifi calling shortcut via an app like Anycut, etc... I just updated this morning to the latest version and will test if that actually works (I doubt it will). I also found that you should leave the sim tray ejected until you get through the initial setup or it hangs on "checking for updates." Either way, like Bla1ze said, I wouldn't suggest doing this if you EVER need anything other than LTE.
    BigBadWulf and bluesqueen23 like this.
    05-16-17 07:52 AM
    Haha good question. I have a 14 day return policy from Selfridges I believe? So if more news before then most likely strategy is return and replace with CDMA capabilities...TBD lol
    Resellers and just can't waiters....

Have figured out that many of those early KEYone went to resellers trying to get $1000 bucks out of those in other markets.

Now this is the 3rd post I've seen where someone in the US/Canada is probably going to return their UK purchased KEYone, once the US or Canadian versions hit the market. Maybe those are the only three, and it won't be an issue.... but I bet there are a few more doing the same.
    05-16-17 01:52 PM

Have figured out that many of those early KEYone went to resellers trying to get $1000 bucks out of those in other markets.

Now this is the 3rd post I've seen where someone in the US/Canada is probably going to return their UK purchased KEYone, once the US or Canadian versions hit the market. Maybe those are the only three, and it won't be an issue.... but I bet there are a few more doing the same.
    If it's a return for refund I'd be very impressed with their policy. I assume it's exchange, and doubt Selfridge will sell a US variant. Personal opinion, I think buyers should take responsibility for their actions.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-16-17 02:16 PM

Yeah I would consider myself somewhere between a just-cant-waiter and a tinkerer... If I need to return and it doesn't work out well.. it doesn't work out. I'm anxious to try wifi-calling when I get home and that will make this totally usable as a daily driver for me. I doubt the wifi calling will work but I'll update in a few hours. The latest software update has been a much better experience so far on Verizon but I spend 99% of my time in Columbus, Ohio and have LTE or wifi most places. If anyone else is experimenting....On AAK879, I had no need to change preferred network or any dialer settings to enable HD voice (other than on your Verizon account and in the advanced calling section). Also, I had not thought to use "KEYone" as the plural version until your post but I love it and think it's proper. Maybe I'll end up with multiple KEYone?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-16-17 02:24 PM

Not me. Got mines and love it so far! Works great on the Virgin network. 3G 4G and LTE.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-16-17 02:40 PM
    Not me. Got mines and love it so far! Works great on the Virgin network. 3G 4G and LTE.
    And I also got the update this morning on my Keyone
    05-16-17 02:40 PM
    Yeah I would consider myself somewhere between a just-cant-waiter and a tinkerer... If I need to return and it doesn't work out well.. it doesn't work out. I'm anxious to try wifi-calling when I get home and that will make this totally usable as a daily driver for me. I doubt the wifi calling will work but I'll update in a few hours. The latest software update has been a much better experience so far on Verizon but I spend 99% of my time in Columbus, Ohio and have LTE or wifi most places. If anyone else is experimenting....On AAK879, I had no need to change preferred network or any dialer settings to enable HD voice (other than on your Verizon account and in the advanced calling section). Also, I had not thought to use "KEYone" as the plural version until your post but I love it and think it's proper. Maybe I'll end up with multiple KEYone?
    Never know when you'll want to travel the world... this would give you a reason.

On Android Central they had a big write up last year on the unlocked - non-CDMA PRIV on Verizon. Don't remember what they had working and what didn't. Might want to check that out. Know a few people with low end ZTE LTE/GSM phones on Verizon... in our area they said it works about like T-Mobile's network.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-16-17 02:48 PM
    Any news on WiFi calling
    Can confirm WiFi calling works on Verizon you just have to add a couple shortcuts via anycut to turn on the settings. Was able to make some test calls via airplane mode with WiFi on.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-16-17 04:10 PM
    I think that is the -03 model number. Blackberry Mobile has some different terminology on their spec page. (I'll put what I suspect as the model numbers in parens. )

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/us/specifications.php

Network bands
    Canada, LATAM, APAC, US V1 (BB100-01 )

US V2 (BB100-03)

Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific (BB100-02)

The full label of 'V2' is 'US V2'. As the conversation centered on use in the USA I dropped that prefix. I probably should have left it on. There are two phones in the USA markets, everywhere else is apparently getting just one.

The 'US V2' has more USA carrier coverage. It covers the major bands of Verizon ( 2 ,4
    13) , Sprint (25, 26 , 41 ) , and T-mobile( 2, 4, 12 ). The US V1 covers just AT&T (2, 4, 5, 17) and T-mobile.
    Cheat sheet: which 4G LTE bands do AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint use in the USA?

The EMEA version ( -02) will work with ATT and T-mobile ( LTE 4 , but missing 12 ), but it is not a very good match to a broad range of USA based carrier options. The only thing it really has going for it in the USA is that it is on sale early for the impatient who want to pay the mark-up and overseas shipping costs.. That's about it.

Canada probably got targeted first hence the -01 suffix. (this started off life as a BlackBerry Inc phone. ) and looping a few Asia Pacific countries. Generic EMEA was probably next along with other APAC didn't hit with first stab (-02). And then got serious about breadth coverage in the USA ( -03)
    BigBadWulf and jcrutchvt2010 like this.
    05-17-17 12:30 AM
    I think that is the -03 model number. Blackberry Mobile has some different terminology on their spec page. (I'll put what I suspect as the model numbers in parens. )
    Nuance, made confusing by BlackBerry Mobile's way of listing US versions and EU version, which is probably an attempt to not confuse.

I'll stick to BB100-01 thru 03 from now on, in a (G-d help me) attempt to avoid confusion. Not sure what they were thinking. The Canadian site doesn't list V at all, nor any mention of the 03, while the European sites do, and call the it US this and that, ignoring the rest of the planet.
    05-17-17 07:11 AM
85 1234