There are plenty of browsers out there, however none work with physical keyboard and also can be quite a big steep learning for people coming from BB10 or BlackBerry OS.

I think it's a good option and may have a lot to offer. I am using ES File Explorer Pro and also FX Explorer. Bought both $0.50 on sale, so no reason to try anything else. However I'll try to support a fellow Crackberrian
    07-14-17 05:17 AM
    One of the main features I loved about BB10 file manager was the ability to move files from my desktop to my phone or from my phone to my desktop with out using a cloud service. I could even stream music that was on my desktop without having to download it.
    07-14-17 07:13 AM
    One of the main features I loved about BB10 file manager was the ability to move files from my desktop to my phone or from my phone to my desktop with out using a cloud service. I could even stream music that was on my desktop without having to download it.
    But you needed software installed on your PC to do it.

Therefore there are many alternatives on Android that also involve installing software.

You can add a LAN source to Solid Explorer. Or use FTP so you can access from outside the LAN.
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    07-14-17 07:26 AM
    Yes, but that software worked without having to do much at all. Just install and connect your bb10 phone and it did the rest. Would work anywhere you went, it would also backup your entire phone including your os. You didn't have to rely on the cloud. It would do it all in house.
    07-14-17 11:42 AM
    Yes, but that software worked without having to do much at all. Just install and connect your bb10 phone and it did the rest. Would work anywhere you went, it would also backup your entire phone including your os. You didn't have to rely on the cloud. It would do it all in house.
    Okay, but this is really a new conversation about Link and not a file manager.

It has its advantages for sure, but it caused a lot of problems with restoring corrupted settings and being quite temperamental with connections.

The other platforms went a different route with cloud backups. Ultimately they proved to be far more reliable.
    07-14-17 12:32 PM
    Just saying that BB10 software was a lot better then android. You have to go and find a file manager, then see if it has what you need then figure out how to send and receive files from your pc. I currently use a Priv, and have for over a year. I do use File Manager + but it took me trying like 4 to find it and BB10 file manager just worked. Don't get me wrong I love my Priv but not a big fan of Android.
    07-14-17 01:00 PM
    Just saying that BB10 software was a lot better then android. You have to go and find a file manager, then see if it has what you need then figure out how to send and receive files from your pc. I currently use a Priv, and have for over a year. I do use File Manager + but it took me trying like 4 to find it and BB10 file manager just worked. Don't get me wrong I love my Priv but not a big fan of Android.
    What's better? Having choice, or being stuck with limited functionality?

Since when is "comes pre-installed" a good thing? Lol.
    Last edited by conite; 07-14-17 at 01:45 PM.
    07-14-17 01:15 PM

Since when is "comes pre-installed" a good think? Lol.
    I'm pretty sure Apple users think it's the panacea, lol!

Jokes aside, there are some great features from the native BB10 file manager, but must also agree that Solid is generally a superior one.

The issue for some, at least in my view, is that native BB10 apps feel very much a part of the OS, while in Android, they somehow feel like a mishmash of interfaces (some have gestures controls and others not, for instance).

I am pending to try out the new Keyboard File Manager, which mimicks the BB10 one, but find hard to replace Solid, at least at this stage of the app's development.
    07-14-17 01:30 PM
    Because a file manager should be baked into the os. I am talking about a file manager only. It's baked into all windows OS and Linux OS. BB10, Web OS. It is a feature that is necessary to taking care of your files. I guess you are a true Android fan. Lol
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-14-17 01:31 PM
    The issue for some, at least in my view, is that native BB10 apps feel very much a part of the OS, while in Android, they somehow feel like a mishmash of interfaces (some have gestures controls and others not, for instance).
    That's what happens when third party developers care; different developers, different desired features, different experiences. If one's choices are first party and Nemory it'll look pretty similar across the board.
    07-14-17 01:37 PM
    I rarely get involved in discussions like this because I am pretty much OS neutral, but there are people who suffer from paralysis of choice. Too many options for them mean an inability to make choices and then ensuing frustration. I personally like the ability to tinker and make changes so it does not bother me but you have to recognize the fact that some people would rather have these options chosen for them.
    mbirth likes this.
    07-14-17 01:43 PM
    Because a file manager should be baked into the os. I am talking about a file manager only. It's baked into all windows OS and Linux OS. BB10, Web OS. It is a feature that is necessary to taking care of your files. I guess you are a true Android fan. Lol
    Not sure if you were addressing me or conite. If it was to me, I can tell you I'm more of a BB10 than Android fan. I still do a lot of stuff on my Passport and prefer the overall UI of BB10. I just had to adapt to the change to Android. If in the end it had to be that or iOS, I'd take the former any day.

While I understand your concern, I can vouch for the usability of Solid Explorer at least and its integration with the Android OS.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    07-14-17 01:44 PM
    I rarely get involved in discussions like this because I am pretty much OS neutral, but there are people who suffer from paralysis of choice. Too many options for them mean an inability to make choices and then ensuing frustration. I personally like the ability to tinker and make changes so it does not bother me but you have to recognize the fact that some people would rather have these options chosen for them.
    That's Apple's entire business case.
    07-14-17 01:44 PM
    That's Apple's entire business case.
    Sure is!
    07-14-17 01:46 PM
    Android DOES have a built-in file manager for the basics.
    07-14-17 01:46 PM
    That's what happens when third party developers care; different developers, different desired features, different experiences. If one's choices are first party and Nemory it'll look pretty similar across the board.
    And having options is not a bad thing at all. But since now BlackBerry users cannot complain about the app gap on BB Android devices, I guess we must find something else to moan about, lol!

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    07-14-17 01:47 PM
    Android DOES have a built-in file manager for the basics.
    ^This.

And you may even add an app to make it more easily accessible: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lowfilemanager
    07-14-17 01:50 PM
    When I look at these OS's I see iOS as the description above where everything is done for you, android is myriad of choice and BB10 (is/was) somewhere in between. Lots of people on CB very much liked this in between and that's alright with me. Eventually everyone in that category will have to make the switch one direction or another. Man, I am agonizing over this right now!
    07-14-17 01:51 PM
    When I look at these OS's I see iOS as the description above where everything is done for you, android is myriad of choice and BB10 (is/was) somewhere in between. Lots of people on CB very much liked this in between and that's alright with me. Eventually everyone in that category will have to make the switch one direction or another. Man, I am agonizing over this right now!
    You just have to decide what kind of man you want to be.
    07-14-17 01:55 PM
    That's exactly how I viewed BB10 as well; a 'perfect blend' of iOS and Android. I do very much prefer Android over iOS, though, but I'm not the fanboy many people here appear to be. I guess those people also use Linux or Windows on their computers, while I prefer a Mac - the only Apple product I use.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-14-17 02:46 PM
    I've migrated over to Android via Oneplus 3T and every other day I still take my Passport out to play with, desperately trying to justify moving back to it. I never liked having a phone for more than one or two years and I've had the Passport for three.
    The trick to the transition is to have enough patients to figure out all the settings and apps that will make the Android flipside as seamless as it was on BB10. In the end all the differences are a wash. 6 of these and half a dozen of the other.
    07-14-17 04:51 PM
    I've migrated over to Android via Oneplus 3T and every other day I still take my Passport out to play with, desperately trying to justify moving back to it. I never liked having a phone for more than one or two years and I've had the Passport for three.
    The trick to the transition is to have enough patients to figure out all the settings and apps that will make the Android flipside as seamless as it was on BB10. In the end all the differences are a wash. 6 of these and half a dozen of the other.
    My previous device was an HTC one M7 (which I still have but never use) and I did not have the patience to search for the right apps, but thanks to people like Conite and others here, the process is much easier. This is the longest that I have ever had a device for also, which says something, but when the browser starts to get funky (it's definitely getting there), I gotta decide which way to go. I am not stuck on a pkb either so the KEYone is not a must for me. Too many choices lol.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-14-17 05:10 PM
    Is the BB10 file manager just that good or is everyone just so used to it and resistant to change? I have gone through the latter many times with other things. Give it a chance. Take the recommendations of those who take the time to help. Maybe you will be surprised once you get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 06:09 PM
    Ha ha you guys Crack me up lol.
    If anyone is getting worked up it looks like the double-mint twins.
    For your information I did transition over to Android and I try to balance the pros and cons evenly.
    I try not to get too emotional about things like some do but do find entertaining when I see it
    If I was wrong about that one point I made please Let me know and I will consider your objection.
    My point was to direct your sarcasm anywhere but the few people that chose to help you. The sarcasm about BB10 gets old. Android is sometimes little and sometimes lot different. We're all having to adjust. I struggle myself to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem with my own sarcasm and/or abrasiveness.
    07-15-17 11:25 PM
    Is the BB10 file manager just that good or is everyone just so used to it and resistant to change? I have gone through the latter many times with other things. Give it a chance. Take the recommendations of those who take the time to help. Maybe you will be surprised once you get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    I would have to say it is that good. There are definitely differences and everything has its pros and cons. Of course on Android you will find more customizations, improved graphical design and options for added functionality. As far as fluidity and ease of use I would have to say that BB10 has it. Yes you may have to install software on your computer to have access to files on it but I don't see how that is any different then any other method. At least installing the software simplifies the task for most users.
    07-16-17 07:27 AM
78 1234