Nothing beats Solid Explorer though. Leagues ahead of the poor old BB10 file manager.
    BTW yesterday I asked you about the battery drain/stopping apps. I did some research and found an APP that works great. It puts anything you want in hibernation including the CPU. I am watching the phone battery just stay at 100%....
    07-12-17 07:04 AM
    beat me too it, a great app. Clean straight forward.
    I use File Manger ASUS which works great but will give a try on Solid.
    07-12-17 10:19 AM
    Asus File Manager is another solid file manager
    07-12-17 10:21 AM
    BTW yesterday I asked you about the battery drain/stopping apps. I did some research and found an APP that works great. It puts anything you want in hibernation including the CPU. I am watching the phone battery just stay at 100%....
    Hello careful with these apps. Can give you problems. Not sure though what app you are talking about because you did not mention
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-12-17 10:26 AM
    It's just not a good idea to brute-force mess with Android memory and battery management.
    07-12-17 10:53 AM
    Tried several. Settled for Solid Explorer as well.
    07-12-17 11:07 AM
    It's just not a good idea to brute-force mess with Android memory and battery management.
    Your right, thats why an app thats doing the heavy lifting is perfect. Any issues and poof roll it back.
    07-12-17 12:00 PM
    Hello careful with these apps. Can give you problems. Not sure though what app you are talking about because you did not mention
    That was on another post, but I was talking about stopping apps from running when the phone is sleeping.
    07-12-17 12:01 PM
    So do any of these file managers allow you to shard a file from the cloud from within a msging app.

What I mean is if your in say Whatsapp and you decide to share a file from a cloud service, can you do it without opening another app (file manager) to do it? That is how we do it on BB10. When someone says a file manager like BB10 that is what comes to mind.

Conite, I'm downloading Solid Explorer this minute and will check it out thx

Update:
    Have been using X-Plore and I prefer the control and layout
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-13-17 at 07:07 AM.
    07-12-17 09:06 PM
    Agree that Solid Explorer is a very good choice for an Android file app and better than the BB10 file manager.
    07-12-17 09:53 PM
    Agree that Solid Explorer is a very good choice for an Android file app and better than the BB10 file manager.
    May I ask what it is about Solid Explorer that you find better than BB10 file manager?
    07-13-17 07:08 AM
    May I ask what it is about Solid Explorer that you find better than BB10 file manager?
    Access to far, far more cloud sources which can also be password protected, WebDav, FTP, LAN, etc.

Themes, split screens, drag and drop.

Oh, and "select all".
    07-13-17 07:32 AM
    Well for starters, it's Android instead of BB10. ;-)
    07-13-17 07:34 AM
    Oh, and "select all".
    sarcastic_laughing_girl_sticker.jpg
    07-13-17 08:16 AM
    keyboard file is a good one from the play store.
    07-13-17 08:29 AM
    See answers above + all kinds of customization available, hide folders/files, detailed file info/stats, etc.
    07-13-17 01:46 PM
    Yeah I guess it's just a couple more steps sharing a file from the cloud when your in a msging app already. Close the msging app then open Solid Explorer then share.
    When in BB10 you just share from within the msging app and done. Full access to files on phone and clouds.

Yes it's an all in one tool I guess with pretty themes and hiding folders and such.
    07-13-17 05:48 PM
    Yeah I guess it's just a couple more steps sharing a file from the cloud when your in a msging app already. Close the msging app then open Solid Explorer then share.
    When in BB10 you just share from within the msging app and done. Full access to files on phone and clouds.

Yes it's an all in one tool I guess with pretty themes and hiding folders and such.
    But that's a function of the messaging app. It has nothing really to do with the capabilities of the file manager.

Any app can be coded to invoke a file manager. But they tend to want to control that UI themselves.
    southlander likes this.
    07-13-17 05:57 PM

You politely ask for an opinion so that you can patronize and denigrate it? Too funny and glad you don't take any of this phone stuff too seriously. What did you expect to hear that you would accept as an unarguable "opinion" - that unlike BB10 File Manager, Solid Explorer makes pizza and cleans the toilet?

My delusional (and personal) opinion is that Solid Explorer is better than BB10 File Manager. Let me have my delusions and I'll let you be grumpy.
    07-13-17 06:40 PM
    You politely ask for an opinion so that you can patronize and denigrate it? Too funny and glad you don't take any of this phone stuff too seriously. What did you expect to hear that you would accept as an unarguable "opinion" - that unlike BB10 File Manager, Solid Explorer makes pizza and cleans the toilet?

My delusional (and personal) opinion is that Solid Explorer is better than BB10 File Manager. Let me have my delusions and I'll let you be grumpy.
    For Passporter I think anger is better directed towards 99% of smartphone users that felt that IOS/Android was better choice than BB10..
    07-13-17 07:56 PM
    For Passporter I think anger is better directed towards 99% of smartphone users that felt that IOS/Android was better choice than BB10..
    Ha ha you guys Crack me up lol.
    If anyone is getting worked up it looks like the double-mint twins.
    For your information I did transition over to Android and I try to balance the pros and cons evenly.
    I try not to get too emotional about things like some do but do find entertaining when I see it
    If I was wrong about that one point I made please Let me know and I will consider your objection.
    07-13-17 09:13 PM
    But that's a function of the messaging app. It has nothing really to do with the capabilities of the file manager.

Any app can be coded to invoke a file manager. But they tend to want to control that UI themselves.
    Oh I thought it was the BB10 OS that had that built in. That is interesting and also an intelligent answer. Are there any msging apps on android that have coded their interface to be able to share from the cloud?

Wish everyone here was as helpful as you Conite.
    Thx

Updated :
    Just checked out a few apps and discovered the ones I have that do access the cloud are Textra and Signal.
    The ones that don't are Whatsapp and BBM with only Dropbox as a source.

Guess I was wrong, still wish there was more consistency like BB10.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-13-17 at 09:46 PM.
    07-13-17 09:16 PM
    Absolutely. Best file manager I have used. Solid Explorer- Conite response. AGREE
    07-13-17 10:47 PM
    Guess I was wrong, still wish there was more consistency like BB10.
    Consistency is easier when hardly any third parties care to write apps for the platform.

Android has lots of big devs, and thus more variability.
    The_Passporter and mbirth like this.
    07-13-17 11:20 PM
    Absolutely. Best file manager I have used. Solid Explorer- Conite response. AGREE
    Not sure why yet but I do prefer X-Plore file manager. When moving large files to and from the cloud you have a pretty good detailed progress bar Window.
    Also displays the tool sets for actions between the "to" and "from" windows.
    07-14-17 04:45 AM
78 1234