Does the KeyOne Android op have a File Manager like BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 11:12 AM
    I believe there is a new one just being developed. Saw it here on CB yesterday somewhere. By the same dev as the Keyboard Browser.
    07-11-17 11:41 AM
    Nothing beats Solid Explorer though. Leagues ahead of the poor old BB10 file manager.
    07-11-17 11:43 AM
    If you just want a simple, free and easy to use file manager, I would suggest File Manager +
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 File Manager on KEYone?-14347.jpg  
    slickfiz likes this.
    07-11-17 11:50 AM
    I believe there is a new one just being developed. Saw it here on CB yesterday somewhere. By the same dev as the Keyboard Browser.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.keyboardfile
    brookie229 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-11-17 11:55 AM
    I use solid explorer.
    07-11-17 11:59 AM
    Solid explorer bought on Priv now on Keyone; honestly unsure why having a bb10 is a concern at this point.
    mbirth likes this.
    07-11-17 12:10 PM
    The really should get a contract to modify Solid Explorer and put that as the native file manager for BB Android. Tweak it up a little to match the BB apps and be done with it. I'm sure the independent dev for Solid wouldn't mind a little cash thrown his/her way.
    07-11-17 01:24 PM
    The really should get a contract to modify Solid Explorer and put that as the native file manager for BB Android. Tweak it up a little to match the BB apps and be done with it. I'm sure the independent dev for Solid wouldn't mind a little cash thrown his/her way.
    But many users could prefer different file manager. There would be many users complaining about having to uninstall native choice or worse unable to remove since preinstalled.
    07-11-17 01:34 PM
    But many users could prefer different file manager. There would be many users complaining about having to uninstall native choice or worse unable to remove since preinstalled.
    When I mean native I mean comes with the phone, it could be uninstalled. No one complains because BB has Password Keeper and wants to use Lastpass or any other number of password managers in the Playstore.
    07-11-17 01:41 PM
    Once again, why should BBMo or BB waste the money. People can just download from the Play Store when they setup the device.
    07-11-17 01:50 PM
    I agree. I just need a simple file manager. I've tried many, but most of them have way too many options/features Which I, personally, will never need. For me File Manager + provides me with everything I need in a quick, efficient and easy to use manner. I also think that might be the reason why it has more downloads as well as a higher rating in the Play Store than Solid Explorer.
    07-11-17 02:36 PM
    anyone provide a link to File Manager + in Play Store
    07-11-17 02:43 PM
    anyone provide a link to File Manager + in Play Store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...or.filemanager
    Freeriderz likes this.
    07-11-17 03:07 PM
    I've been very happy with the ASUS ZenUI File Manager app on my KeyOne.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...us.filemanager
    sag7392 likes this.
    07-11-17 04:45 PM
    Solid File explorer
    07-11-17 04:48 PM
    Once again, why should BBMo or BB waste the money. People can just download from the Play Store when they setup the device.
    Go away with your logic and rational thinking! (jk)

By the way: For me, Solid Explorer comes in only 2nd with FX File Explorer being my favourite.
    07-11-17 05:05 PM
    Asus here.

Almost every phone comes with a file explorer. Not Blackberry Android phones though. Unlike eg the Classic which came equipped with proper tools.

I'm missing the logic of not having proper tools coming with the Android Blackberry's.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 05:27 PM
    Almost every phone comes with a file explorer. Not Blackberry Android phones though. Unlike eg the Classic which came equipped with proper tools.
    iPhones don't have a file manager. Not even downloadable from the App Store.

Android - in its pure form - does have a rudimentary file manager which is called "Downloads" in the apps list and actually included on the KEYone.

I'm missing the logic of not having proper tools coming with the Android Blackberry's.
    The logic is that there are hundreds of file managers in the Play Store, some of extraordinary quality. Why should BB waste energy in creating yet another file manager when you can download one or two or more (which wasn't possible on the Classic)?
    07-11-17 05:31 PM
    Asus here.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. If you go into settings>storage & usb, that is a file manager for internal and external storage.

If you don't like the stock version, that is fine, but don't say BlackBerry android doesn't come with one stock.
    sag7392 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-11-17 06:26 PM
    There's alot of apps BB has developed for its Android phones that have better equivalents in the Playstore so that shouldn't be the bar. For example someone thought developing and funding Notable was a higher priority than a file manager when OEM file managers are very common. I think thats a curious decision.
    07-11-17 06:30 PM
    There's alot of apps BB has developed for its Android phones that have better equivalents in the Playstore so that shouldn't be the bar. For example someone thought developing and funding Notable was a higher priority than a file manager when OEM file managers are very common. I think thats a curious decision.
    Notable is far easier to develop and unique than yet another file manager. It adds more value to the BlackBerry Suite.
    07-11-17 07:18 PM
    Used Keyboard File, and after about 30second, paid for the full version. has been the closest to the BBos file manager. Uninstalled the other I had downloaded about 5 seconds later
    07-11-17 11:28 PM
    Not true. If you go into settings>storage & usb, that is a file manager for internal and external storage.

If you don't like the stock version, that is fine, but don't say BlackBerry android doesn't come with one stock.
    LOL

Thanks for reminding me how to get to this hidden setup utility.

Now if we call this a file explorer can I than make another request? Please discard App drawers and shortcuts. Please hide all apps in the setup settings, its just so more convenient and really enhances my experience.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-12-17 02:07 AM
    Nothing beats Solid Explorer though. Leagues ahead of the poor old BB10 file manager.
    beat me too it, a great app. Clean straight forward.
    07-12-17 07:02 AM
78 123 ...