I used to have english, french and spanish as a multi-language keyboard setup and after updating the blackberry keyboard app today I noticed that when trying to setup 3 languages, it looks like it's not supported anymore..

I enabled the 3 languages I then went to settings > system > languages and input > keyboard settings > blackberry keyboard > multi-language keyboards > click the + button > set the primary language to EN

Here's the problem.. when I click on the [supporting languages] dropdown, you can only select one.. I'm pretty sure that that's where you would select more if you wanted to enable more than 2 languages.

Anyone else noticed this?
    05-22-19 08:53 PM
    I used to have english, french and spanish as a multi-language keyboard setup and after updating the blackberry keyboard app today I noticed that when trying to setup 3 languages, it looks like it's not supported anymore..

I enabled the 3 languages I then went to settings > system > languages and input > keyboard settings > blackberry keyboard > multi-language keyboards > click the + button > set the primary language to EN

Here's the problem.. when I click on the [supporting languages] dropdown, you can only select one.. I'm pretty sure that that's where you would select more if you wanted to enable more than 2 languages.

Anyone else noticed this?
    BlackBerry Keyboard app update brings improved word predictions and more! https://www.crackberry.com/blackberr...tions-and-more
    05-22-19 09:01 PM
    BlackBerry Keyboard app update brings improved word predictions and more! https://www.crackberry.com/blackberr...tions-and-more
    I dont see anything that says that we are losing the ability to add a 3 Lang multi language keyboard..
    05-22-19 09:10 PM
    I dont see anything that says that we are losing the ability to add a 3 Lang multi language keyboard..
    It's the 6th item on the change list.
    05-22-19 09:12 PM
    It's the 6th item on the change list.
    Wow, ok I'm tired lol thanks for clarifying that
    05-22-19 09:19 PM
    not sure to understand why they did this.. it was really nice to be able to write and switch languages with no key combination..
    05-22-19 09:20 PM
    not sure to understand why they did this.. it was really nice to be able to write and switch languages with no key combination..
    I don't have any insight into the decision. If I had to guess, they probably wanted to streamline the code so the keyboard's responsiveness improves.
    05-22-19 09:22 PM
    I don't have any insight into the decision. If I had to guess, they probably wanted to streamline the code so the keyboard's responsiveness improves.
    Unfortunate move in my view. Too bad it isn't given as an option or something. If anything, more people than ever know and use 3 languages. It is no improvement to remove a good feature.
    05-23-19 02:14 AM
    Unfortunate move in my view. Too bad it isn't given as an option or something. If anything, more people than ever know and use 3 languages. It is no improvement to remove a good feature.
    I can see how many multilingual people would like this feature...

I'd make sure to let the developers here know... and leave a comment in the Google Play reviews. They might consider bringing it back or maybe they could do two versions. A lite KEYboard and a full featured KEYboard?
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-24-19 10:12 AM
    I was quite surprised this morning when I wouldn't get French suggestions any more. The funny thing is the configuration screen still mentions "supporting languages" – plural. While you only can add one.

Certain language combinations don't allow well enough predictions, so I assumed they dropped my combination. But actually the only allow 2 altogether.

One reason might be a better user experience, because many had too weak word predictions with their 3 languages.

I used German+English+French, and it worked like a charm. But maybe others were too upset with the mistakes that sometimes happened.

> leave a comment in the Google Play reviews
    That's what I'm about to do.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-24-19 10:37 AM
    Hey same on my wife's Key1. She used to use German, English and Afrikaans. Now since the update she has switch using Alt+ Enter. How odd.

I just wrote this in my Key2s post about me losing all setup of 2 languages. Really odd.
    05-24-19 01:52 PM
    I'm seriously thinking of downgrading.. not sure I'm going to get used to the alt+enter. I'll try to use it like it is for some time and keep my fingers crossed.
    05-25-19 06:08 AM
    I'm seriously thinking of downgrading.. not sure I'm going to get used to the alt+enter. I'll try to use it like it is for some time and keep my fingers crossed.
    Hm, pls let me know how to downgrade. I might consider this as well ..
    05-25-19 11:49 PM
    Might check Cobalt's file share as he usually kept older versions...
    05-28-19 01:51 PM
    I don't know what these people have been using when they decided to remove a feature that worked very well...
    To let the multi-language function work properly I need to switch manually. Talking about productivity...
    stex27 likes this.
    05-29-19 02:04 AM
    @LiamQ we are still waiting for an answer why this downgrade was done...
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-06-19 04:44 PM
    This is due to devolution of mankind and decline with intellectuality. Picture Tim Allen grunting here....
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-06-19 09:50 PM
    I don't know what the "improved" prediction comprises. all I know is the update removes 3rd language. Ergo: I disabled BlackBerry Keyboard updates in PlayStore. that now makes 8 (yes, EIGHT) BlackBerry apps for which I have updates disabled to avoid disruption of features taken away. How sad...
    06-07-19 05:13 AM
    I don't know what the "improved" prediction comprises. all I know is the update removes 3rd language. Ergo: I disabled BlackBerry Keyboard updates in PlayStore. that now makes 8 (yes, EIGHT) BlackBerry apps for which I have updates disabled to avoid disruption of features taken away. How sad...
    If the apps still get updated and features removed, I wonder if this is another Google conflict, or feature conflict that affects something else more important to a greater number of users. The law of unintended consequences as mainstream features override less mainstream features?

I have no idea as I’m only commenting from business operational perspective. I’m not developer type background so I’d not understand anything under the hood so to speak.
    06-07-19 05:51 AM
    And the developers just hide in silence...
    06-08-19 03:26 AM
    And the developers just hide in silence...
    What should they do? Any replies would just fuel any unhappiness at simple business decisions.
    06-08-19 06:18 PM
    They replied in another thread about the 'silly-space-behaviour'. And removing/downgrading another feature that has been around for 6 years, I think the users have at least the right to know why.

Anyway, only this week I discovered that you can exclude apps from automatically updating, so I am a happy user of an older version of the keyboard.
    06-09-19 02:21 AM
    They replied in another thread about the 'silly-space-behaviour'. And removing/downgrading another feature that has been around for 6 years, I think the users have at least the right to know why.

Anyway, only this week I discovered that you can exclude apps from automatically updating, so I am a happy user of an older version of the keyboard.
    Any type of answer would reflect some kind of failure, economic, technical or demand calculation. Saying the reason just invites discussion which can only alienate the relationship between all those involved even further. Sharing the decision making process sounds intuitively, like a great idea, but is typically counterproductive in a niche demographic where each user is valuable but expensive to accommodate. Glad you have a solution.
    06-09-19 04:55 AM
    I'm really very disappointed. Even if you downgrade is not working anymore. Moreover the prediction system is very very bad. I used to have English Polish and Italian. I guess is really common to write in a language and put some sentence in another. Now impossible. That said the want to improve. Improve what? I'm a blackberry fan since always I have all the blackberry models from z10 until BBK2. We paid a lot to receive always less. Swifkey is working for sure better now.. Unfortunately is not working wery well with my k2.
    06-09-19 12:35 PM
    Any type of answer would reflect some kind of failure, economic, technical or demand calculation. Saying the reason just invites discussion which can only alienate the relationship between all those involved even further. Sharing the decision making process sounds intuitively, like a great idea, but is typically counterproductive in a niche demographic where each user is valuable but expensive to accommodate. Glad you have a solution.
    But is really not working... as it should be.
    06-09-19 12:37 PM
43 12