When I left my previous job in January 2013, I was using a company-supplied old-school BB, running OS7. It was perfect for what I wanted. (Were I still at that job, I probably would not even have another phone.)

But when I left I had to get something of my own. I chose Samsung. They screwed me over a year and a half later (bricked my phone with an Android update that they knew was junk and killed their phones), so I moved to an el-cheapo Windows phone that I loved. But that was just a diversion. I moved to LG V10.

I never liked the Samsung and LG launchers. With the LG, I eschewed their launcher in favor of the Google Launcher (no longer available to new users). I really liked it--simple, straightforward, useful.

I wondered for the longest time, would I end up using that instead of the BB launcher? Would I have to give up PKB shortcuts?

Turns out that the BB Launcher is...just like the Google Launcher! With the benefit of PKB shortcuts, of course.

So I win. I get a high quality launcher that's EXACTLY what I've been used to, plus the shortcuts.

Nice surprise.

I'm still getting used to the PKB, by the way. I'm still waiting for a VKB to pop up every time...this too shall pass.
    06-03-17 04:13 PM
    Glad you like it. FYI, you can get the VKB to pop up all the time in the settings menu. But I don't see the point.
    06-03-17 04:20 PM
    Yeah, I saw that. I don't see the point either. I didn't turn that on; I'm busy slowly but surely getting accustomed to the KB being always there, and where the various keys are, and how to swipe up to take a suggested word.

Doing symbols is kinda awkward, or is it just me. I'm used to Swiftkey, and having many more symbols available to me on the standard kb without having to hit a symbol key to switch it.

And getting out of the symbol on-screen kb means hitting the Android back button, right? Or am I missing something? I can pop it up with the "sym" key, but I have to back out of it by moving my hand up and touching the Android back key.
    06-03-17 04:35 PM
    Yeah, I saw that. I don't see the point either. I didn't turn that on; I'm busy slowly but surely getting accustomed to the KB being always there, and where the various keys are, and how to swipe up to take a suggested word.

Doing symbols is kinda awkward, or is it just me. I'm used to Swiftkey, and having many more symbols available to me on the standard kb without having to hit a symbol key to switch it.

And getting out of the symbol on-screen kb means hitting the Android back button, right? Or am I missing something? I can pop it up with the "sym" key, but I have to back out of it by moving my hand up and touching the Android back key.
    It should just drop down once you start typing again on the pkb. And if you down want that, you don't need the back key either, bottom right on vkb has a button to drop it.
    06-03-17 04:39 PM
    What phone are you using now?
    06-03-17 04:44 PM
    Me, I'm moving from the LG V10 running Swiftkey kb to the K1.
    06-03-17 05:38 PM