So, it's been roughly 1/2 a year since the keyone got released... which means we're 1/2 way to the key2.. I don't know that forsure, but most phones release a new one every year....

But anyway.. When development does start... what are some improvements you'd like to see to the keytwo.

Myself.....:

Wireless charging

IP 67 water and dust resistance... ip 68 would be nice... but let us at least have some type of water protection.

Make the software buttons above the keyboard able to dissappear

Keep the headphone jack
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    10-03-17 03:46 PM
    I'm curious on the need for a water proof phone? Admittedly my profession doesn't involve water 98 percent of the time but I've had a cell phone since 99 and I have never had a phone get wet.
    10-03-17 03:59 PM
    I'm curious on the need for a water proof phone? Admittedly my profession doesn't involve water 98 percent of the time but I've had a cell phone since 99 and I have never had a phone get wet.
    I take my phones, hiking, biking and cross-country skiing and would love it to be waterproof. I also sweat and not having to worry about it in my pocket would be reassuring.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-03-17 04:08 PM
    I myself work in a trade that deals with water daily... so having at least some water resistance would be a dream. I took that sacrifice to have a good ol physical keyboard again.
    10-03-17 04:13 PM
    Don't we already have a tread on this?

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13034805
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 10-03-17 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added link
    10-03-17 04:18 PM
    Don't we already have a tread on this?

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13034805
    My bad, I honestly didn't see that
    10-03-17 04:42 PM
    I take my phones, hiking, biking and cross-country skiing and would love it to be waterproof. I also sweat and not having to worry about it in my pocket would be reassuring.
    I take mine hiking and biking gear never an issue. When I go fishing, kayaking, rafting etc the phone stays in the car. I've never had an issue working out that sweat would ruin my phone. On the other hand a baseball crushed my screen with the phone in my pocket.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-17 04:58 PM
    reception. speakers.
    10-03-17 05:19 PM
    Needs to look more premium.

Keyone only looks premium at a glance. When u really look at it there is a tackiness about it.
    10-04-17 02:20 AM
    reception. speakers.

The terrible reception "quality" must be improved!

If they want to continue with high-end, premium pricing, than a better build quality and better specs needs.
    bakron1 and Malduin6 like this.
    10-04-17 04:21 AM
    Better design on the top, get rid of that massive grey square and make it curvy, shiny black with BlackBerry brand on it, just like EVERY single BB device before it (excluding Alcatel id..I mean DTEK)
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    10-04-17 04:55 AM
    Better speakers and a STEREO not Mono (Single speaker) and of course the "Android" buttons to be on screen. not capacitive. Wireless charging would be nice.

Visually I have not complaints.
    10-04-17 09:56 AM
    Needs to look more premium.

Keyone only looks premium at a glance. When u really look at it there is a tackiness about it.
    Disagree
    10-04-17 10:19 AM
    I'd like:

1. Even bigger screen (and if we do bigger screen, we can use this extra space for BIGGER BATTERY as well) - I would not want battery life to suffer as a result of bigger screen.

2. Waterproofing or atleast significant water resistance

3. Dual SIM with additional (3rd) slot for MicroSD

4. Internal memory to be atleast 128 GB

5. RAM to be 4 or 6 GB. Preferably 6 GB.

6. Same 4 row keyboard (don't make it Passport like 3 row keyboard to make room for bigger screen)

7. BlackBerry branded/designed Case that has 1) magnetic mount for cars. 2) a hole for lanyard or finger ring/loop 3) Wireless charging 4) kickstand

8. Pins for docking / charging the phone on desk

9. Even louder stereo speakers

10. Normal headphone port (don't remove it for some usb-c to 3.5mm audio dongle)

11. FM/AM radio enabled without requiring any additional connections/wires

12. Even improved camera, improved CPU (without sacrificing battery life, don't stuff in Snapdragon 808 kind of messy processor like they did in PRIV!!)

Ideally, I'd like a PRIV 2 (love the slider form factor with better CPU, memory and most of the above. Screen is already big enough for PRIV. It can use waterproofing, higher resolution, better battery and definitely not an overheating processor!)
    10-04-17 10:50 AM
    The design need some improvements. The upper corners (side) are so flat. Maybe they've been thinking for some transition from Passport. A more round aproach would be great, to create e simetric device.

The notification light is very small and the speaker grill also. Would prefer somethink similar to all other devices or previous Bold devices.
    10-04-17 10:56 AM
    Stretch the passport screen up a little to conform to android 3:2 minimum requirement. A bigger battery and water resistance plus wireless charging would be nice. keep the 4 row keyboard.
    10-04-17 11:02 AM
    be able to buy it from more stores in more countries. This roll out has been slow and uneven and hard to the see the logic in. They ought to sort this before launching any new models. In sum: make the phones easier to buy.
    10-04-17 11:09 AM
    definitely RAM+ CPU.
    other than that, screen brightness is too low for outdoor daylight, even when cloudy. Need brighter screen
    10-04-17 11:14 AM
    Upgrade the internals and keep the hardware design the same, but just switch to making the all black version only if they see that the all black is the most popular.
    10-04-17 03:08 PM
    Disagree
    I'm a huge keyone fan and its probably the best phone iv ever used, but i dont mind saying it doesn't come up to iphone levels of premium.

Look at the way the antenna lines are seamlessly integrated into the iphone's case. Now compare that to the plastic bits on the side of the keyone.

The grippy rubber back looks super tacky. It should be either leather or carbon fibre.

The anodising isn't up to iphone standards

The phone looks very retro and not in a particularly good way. Im not talking about the keyboard either.

Overall its a striking phone mostly down to the keyboard but there is a cheapness which i would like to see addressed with future phones.
    10-04-17 06:10 PM
    want to be premium? stop listen to everybody. stay focus with design concept and concentrate on set of functions that must have and determine the form fit. if you listen to everybody, best you will get an above average design... (just look at top 10 smart phone, K1 rank 8, above pixcl and MOT, none of them are low end. K1 priced just right - with add on bonus of KB... with all cry out for two speakers, S8 also got mono...the newly announced panda phone - pixel2 or 2plus, with 5 inch screen charge 650... Let's see how the panda doing in the field...)... I like the K1 "premium" (black version) feel but not the premium price... Agree the antenna need to improve. Let's see how TCL design will do (the BB design rank 8, none of chinese design, oppo, huawei, xiaomi, blu, etc. in the top 10... TCL/BBM let's see if you can move the needle a bit higher... show your good inherantance from BB).
    10-04-17 06:53 PM
    want to be premium? stop listen to everybody. stay focus with design concept and concentrate on set of functions that must have and determine the form fit. if you listen to everybody, best you will get an above average design... (just look at top 10 smart phone, K1 rank 8, above pixcl and MOT, none of them are low end. K1 priced just right - with add on bonus of KB... with all cry out for two speakers, S8 also got mono...the newly announced panda phone - pixel2 or 2plus, with 5 inch screen charge 650... Let's see how the panda doing in the field...)... I like the K1 "premium" (black version) feel but not the premium price... Agree the antenna need to improve. Let's see how TCL design will do (the BB design rank 8, none of chinese design, oppo, huawei, xiaomi, blu, etc. in the top 10... TCL/BBM let's see if you can move the needle a bit higher... show your good inherantance from BB).
    What list do you see the K1 ranked #8 on? Does it have anything to do with sales or overall market perception? Or is it simply one writing staffs personal views that has more to do with click bait than a real "who's who" among smartphones. Bet it is a western market group, and thus ignore companies like Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo and Huawei.

My view is KEYone replacement cycle probable isn't going to be on a yearly basis. The sales volume is too low, and they still don't have it fully launched yet. Hopefully they'll release a different PKB device next year, if they ever get these two SLABS to market first - I bet they hold the 2nd Slab to have something to show at CES and MWC.
    10-05-17 01:28 PM
    Hardware android buttons instead of the capacitive ones.

A hardware CTRL key under the "alt" on the left side of the keyboard. For CTRL+C copy, etc.
    10-05-17 02:50 PM
    Google Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 2. ...
    Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. ...
    Apple iPhone 8/8 Plus. ...
    LG V30. ...
    HTC U11. ...
    LG G6. ...
    BlackBerry KEYOne. BlackBerry KEYone (Image: TCL) ...
    Google's Pixel and Pixel XL. Image: CNET.
    the list is updated with pixel 2 from last time I saw it. top 10 smart phone - Google Search
    10-05-17 03:03 PM
    more RAM, more internal storage, keep the SD slot, keep the headphone jack, dual rear cameras, fix the antenna and the reception issue and yeah, IP68 water and dust resistance!!
    10-05-17 08:28 PM
31 12