Hi,

Has anyone here ever noticed anything like that in your KEYone silver/black/bronze edition? Once you start recording video and the mobile network services are on and running, microphone begins to record some statical background interference. I am pretty sure you all know that sound "Bzzz bzz bzzz zz z z zz bzzzzz", it's the same like leaving your phone nearby some not very good radio or speaker system. This happens of course to the simple audio records too.

My unit is the european Black Edition. I already tried the same scenario with a silver unit (which I borrowed from a local BB store). Just asking whether is here anyone else with the same issue, haven't found any proper topic on myself.

Have you tried applying a warranty repair? Were you successful? Thank you.

Edit: I uploaded some new videos regarding this. They were recorded with a replacement unit.

Last edited by skrble; 07-18-18 at 03:20 PM. Reason: new videos
    05-28-18 03:04 AM
    Never heard of that happening before.
    05-28-18 12:12 PM
    I applied for the warranty repair/replacement. Let's see how local BBMo partner solves this.
    06-03-18 03:22 PM
    Received a new unit instead (which comes with a broken speaker, though). If anyone had the same problem, bring it back to the store and apply the warranty.

This topic could be locked now as it is solved.
    06-13-18 09:21 AM
    This happens on the next unit too (in the meanwhile I had to ask for a new replacement due to some manufacturing failure on the former replacement).

Interesting fact #1 : this happens usually when a 2G/GSM signal transmits around.
    Interesting fact #2 : the same intenference which you can hear in the video in the #1 post, you can here it as well directly from the K1 bottom speaker. You just have to put it on your ear. Then you can hear that bzzz bzz bzzzbzzzz. It's a lot more silent but definitely hearable. Microphone records that as well and whoala, you can hear that in the recording/video. But you can hear that as well without even unlocking your K1. There just has to be some 2G/GSM traffic around.

Definitely a deal braker for me as I record videos A LOT.
    07-18-18 03:17 PM
    While understanding how smart it must look for discussing this thread only on myself, I discovered this happens on a silver K1 as well.

I sincerely hope that other versions (e.g. not the European ones) don't suffer the same thing. However, searching through the YouTube, I found multiple videos (such as K1 video sample etc.) where the same thing can be spotted. It's probably not bothering for others at all (in case they actually spotted that too) - I wish it wasn't bothering for me either.
    07-29-18 05:10 PM
    Unfortunately. it's not just the European ones. I live in the USA on a CDMA network and confirm I have discovered the annoying static signal noise on all audio and video recordings when the cell radio is on. It's not super obvious when listening to the recordings as one must be in a decently quiet area, but if you put it up to your ear, it's very apparent.

Sad to see this as clearly TCL is not doing the same level of quality control as BB used to do...

Fortunately, at least there is a workaround: turn off the cell radio before an audio or video recording or that sound is forever stamped on it!
    Last edited by jdcbomb; 08-03-18 at 08:23 PM.
    skrble likes this.
    08-03-18 08:10 PM
    Unfortunately. it's not just the European ones. I live in the USA on a CDMA network and confirm I have discovered the annoying static signal noise on all audio and video recordings when the cell radio is on. It's not super obvious when listening to the recordings as one must be in a decently quiet area, but if you put it up to your ear, it's very apparent.

Sad to see this as clearly TCL is not doing the same level of quality control as BB used to do...

Fortunately, at least there is a workaround: turn off the cell radio before an audio or video recording or that sound is forever stamped on it!
    I have actually learned the same habit in the end too. Luckily, I managed to sell my K1 for quite a good price. I'll thoroughly test K2 now to see if the same thing is happening here as well. I hope it does not. That was the only reason I sold it.

Thank you for proving that for the US version too. I hoped this may apply for some certain versions only...
    08-05-18 01:12 PM
    my hunch is they did not include enough shielding around the cell radio / microphone...but I'm not going to rule out that software could solve it...no optimistic though

still I love everything else about the phone
    08-05-18 01:53 PM
    my hunch is they did not include enough shielding around the cell radio / microphone...but I'm not going to rule out that software could solve it...no optimistic though

still I love everything else about the phone
    I don't think it's solvable. You have to accept it and remember to toggle airplane mode on every time you record something.
    08-06-18 03:22 AM
    I don't think it's solvable. You have to accept it and remember to toggle airplane mode on every time you record something.
    i can't imagine we are the only ones with this issue? can't be two lucky folks on two different continents with totally different cell radios have the nearly identical audio issue...

did you try your key2 to see if it had the same issue?
    08-06-18 03:31 AM
    i can't imagine we are the only ones with this issue? can't be two lucky folks on two different continents with totally different cell radios have the nearly identical audio issue...

did you try your key2 to see if it had the same issue?
    I've tried this on 4 units and 3 of them had the same issue (I found a manufacturing issue on that fourth sooner as I could fully test this radio issue). Sad but this happens both on silver and black, as mentioned before.

Haven't spotted this on a K2 yet. I've had a busy weekend so I haven't really checked it thoroughly.

Apart of that: yes, we seem to be the only who spotted this.
    08-06-18 03:50 AM
    So, based on my long term testing, this hasn't happened on K2 so far. Not going to buy it, though, the camera is really disappointing.
    09-09-18 10:49 AM
    If in the future anyone noticed this, see this thread also. /blackberry-keyone-f445/constant-static-sound-when-screen-normal-1118471/
    10-07-18 01:17 AM