Hello fellow BB fans,
    My precious KeyOne fell out of my pocket and into a pool. I dismantled it for 8 hrs, put the battery back in and went to sleep. I woke up today with the red LED on. So I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on. I disattached the battery and plugged it in and the LED just flashes but doesn't turn on.

Is it dead? Does the flashing LED light mean there's life in my phone yet and I can save it? Please tell me, I'm desperate!
    09-19-21 08:36 AM
    Hello fellow BB fans,
    My precious KeyOne fell out of my pocket and into a pool. I dismantled it for 8 hrs, put the battery back in and went to sleep. I woke up today with the red LED on. So I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on. I disattached the battery and plugged it in and the LED just flashes but doesn't turn on.

Is it dead? Does the flashing LED light mean there's life in my phone yet and I can save it? Please tell me, I'm desperate!
    It's toast.
    myhamismad likes this.
    09-19-21 08:49 AM
    when I had the keyone and it fell into the sea, I tried to take it to a service center and they told me that I had to spend 300 euros. I obviously gave up and put the keyone in a bag full of rice for two months and then put it in a drawer. I didn't think about it anymore in fact I bought the key2 in the meantime. but after a few months the Keyone returned to live normally. try to do the same
    myhamismad likes this.
    09-19-21 08:54 AM
    Hello fellow BB fans,

I dropped my Q-10 about 80% of the way into a bucket of vinyl flooring adhesive back in April? Luckily for me I was in an empty apartment with hot water that came up in about 5 seconds. The adhesive is water soluble for a few minutes and then you'd only be able to remove it with a solvent so I had no choice but to take the back off and the battery and SIM card right out and put the open back of the cell phone right in the hot water stream to rinse the adhesive out! If you can picture this ... I was actually aiming a strong stream of hot water right into the open back of the phone, all over the keys and into all the ports !!! I left the battery and SIM card out until I got home about an hour later.
    Starting from this point, my situation wasn't much different than yours. As soon as I got home I got a hair dryer and held the phone open side facing down and aimed the hair dryer to blow UP into the back of the phone and into the ports and keys. I shook the phone every which way to get whatever droplets might be in there to come out. I did this for at least a half hour.
    I kept wiping the battery, battery contacts, SIM card and SIM card contacts with alcohol moistened Q tips and cotton balls because I was dealing with some adhesive residue and you're not. I'd still suggest you wipe whatever you can reach in the back of your phone with alcohol moistened Q tips, cotton balls and maybe pieces of cotton balls in small needle nose pliers so as to remove any water deposits, especially from any electrical contacts.
    I kept re-installing my battery and SIM card, turning the phone on and then off, uninstalling the battery and SIM card, wiping them with alcohol again, re-installing them ... same routine and the phone kept getting better and better. In essence, I reset my phone at least a dozen times
    The phone was usable after about 1 whole day and was back to 100% in about a week. The phone is totally, 100% healed. I mean, NONE of my keys stick even a tiny bit and every single feature works perfectly ... like it NEVER happened. Whew !
    (Your results may differ.)
    09-20-21 06:05 PM