Just looking on ebay I'm finding alot of different models of K1 BE and want to be sure I'm getting the correct one... I know there isn't one that will work both on T-Mobile and AT&T to give all possible bands for the carrier but I don't want to accidentally get a 32GB/3GB model as i'm looking for the 64GB/4GB one or don't want to get one that doesn't support the two carriers to it's fullest... i'm looking and there are mostly models bb 100-002 unlocked single sim model, bb 100-005 unlocked dual sim and bb 100-007 factory unlocked Dual sim... outta these what one will have most support for both AT&T and T-Mobile? I don't want to get the wrong phone... also is there other models I should be on the lookout for? it would be nice to have a dual sim model but that's not a requirement...
    04-09-19 07:11 PM
    People with way more knowledge than I will chime in soon, but I think for US GSM (att and tmo) you want the BE BBB100-1.
    04-09-19 07:26 PM
    People with way more knowledge than I will chime in soon, but I think for US GSM (att and tmo) you want the BE BBB100-1.
    This is correct.

Any Black Edition BBB100-1 (not the Space Black that AT&T and Telus sold) is the correct one for North America.
    04-09-19 07:36 PM
    This is correct.

Any Black Edition BBB100-1 (not the Space Black that AT&T and Telus sold) is the correct one for North America.
    didn't see many of those for sale (most were in K2 LE price range) when I looked but I know the BBB100-007 seemed to also have the same bands as the BBB100-001 when I looked but don't know if that would be a good choice... I only have 4G LTE for my internet connection at home so having the most support is critical to me... I don't really care about VOLTE or stuff like that since i'm only mostly using the data connection on the phone (Verizon S8 sill my main phone)
    04-09-19 07:58 PM
    didn't see many of those for sale (most were in K2 LE price range) when I looked but I know the BBB100-007 seemed to also have the same bands as the BBB100-001 when I looked but don't know if that would be a good choice... I only have 4G LTE for my internet connection at home so having the most support is critical to me... I don't really care about VOLTE or stuff like that since i'm only mostly using the data connection on the phone (Verizon S8 sill my main phone)
    Yes they have the same bands, BUT they are not managed by BlackBerry Mobile, and are VERY slow to get updates.

Stay away from the BBB100-7.

Again, you must stick to the BBB100-1.
    04-09-19 08:00 PM
    Yes they have the same bands, BUT they are not managed by BlackBerry Mobile, and are VERY slow to get updates.

Stay away from the BBB100-7.

Again, you must stick to the BBB100-1.
    ok so how can I be sure I get the BE model of the bbb100-001 without looking at the specs listed on ebay? sometimes specs are listed incorrectly
    04-09-19 08:43 PM
    ok so how can I be sure I get the BE model of the bbb100-001 without looking at the specs listed on ebay?
    They should be listed as black or silver.
    04-09-19 08:45 PM
    ok how would I tell the 32GB black one from a 64GB black one just by photos of the device?
    04-09-19 08:49 PM
    I just bought the BBB100-1, North American model, from the seller Digjungle on Amazon.com. Works perfectly on AT&T. $279 free shipping.

My wife is getting my BlackBerry Motion and ditching her iPhone 6S Plus.
    whitieiii likes this.
    04-09-19 09:21 PM
    ok how would I tell the 32GB black one from a 64GB black one just by photos of the device?
    Just look carefully. Should be in the description.

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-KE...UvbUpU13374500
    whitieiii likes this.
    04-09-19 09:26 PM
    Get the -1 that jackcarr and conite linked to on Amazon since I also got that one 2-3 weeks ago. It’s PRD should also correspond as -39 model. I’ve had indistinguishable coverage on AT&T from my other carrier locked 3/32 KEYone and the new device is correct BE 4/64 model.
    whitieiii likes this.
    04-09-19 10:04 PM
    Get the -1 that jackcarr and conite linked to on Amazon since I also got that one 2-3 weeks ago. It’s PRD should also correspond as -39 model. I’ve had indistinguishable coverage on AT&T from my other carrier locked 3/32 KEYone and the new device is correct BE 4/64 model.
    ok that's the factory unlocked black edition on Amazon? will buy there as i've had such good luck on Amazon
    04-09-19 10:17 PM
    ok that's the factory unlocked black edition on Amazon? will buy there as i've had such good luck on Amazon
    I believe jackcarr and I both purchased on that exact link
    04-09-19 10:19 PM
    I believe jackcarr and I both purchased on that exact link. He purchased new from digjungle and I purchased the Amazon Used repackaged. Mine advertised new but damaged package. The one for approximately $220 from Amazon used damaged package is worth look since it comes full warranty.
    04-09-19 10:23 PM
    i'm buying the $229 one on amazon from Wireless Experts, Inc. it's in like new condition... it comes with everything including the original box only the headphones are missing but I don't care about the headphones after taxes and fees it comes out to $270
    04-09-19 10:29 PM
    Seems legit, good luck, congratulations and be sure to double check the PRD upon receipt
    04-09-19 10:31 PM
    OK just ordered the phone on amazon for $270 after tax from Wireless Experts, Inc. seller... hopefully it works out this time... I've had better luck on Amazon buying stuff then Ebay... even got a few items with next day shipping even if I pick free shipping on Amazon so i'll hope for the best and if it doesn't work or has wrong specs I just send it back and buy another until I get a working one or one with correct specs as Amazon's return is the best
    04-09-19 10:42 PM
    I believe jackcarr and I both purchased on that exact link
    Yes, Digjungle seller has it from that link. Two other sellers DO NOT have the correct model! Buy from Digjungle.
    04-10-19 05:35 AM
    I bought from Wireless Experts Inc seller on amazon because that was the only one that had stock and wasn't like over $300 after tax and shipping... once I get over $300 it would just be more reasonable to pickup a used K2 LE as they are going for around $320 on ebay right now starting price (or less if I do auction)
    04-10-19 06:16 PM
    it would just be more reasonable to pickup a used K2 LE
    Depends how much you like capacitive touch keyboard
    04-10-19 07:05 PM
    Depends how much you like capacitive touch keyboard
    the scrolling and swipe to delete and stuff like that on the keyboard I can't stand so the k2 LE would be good in the area... I also hate how the K2 LE has a worse camera then the K2... if only the regular K2 was fully supported on Verizon I'd switch right now from my S8 i frequent places with crappy Verizon and I also don't have any wifi at home and most places I visit I just have 4G LTE so i'd need it to be fully compatible with Verizon for me to use it as my main phone.. at this point if BB doesn't come out with a K3 or Priv 2 that's fully compatible with Verizon I'll be forced to go with the Note 10 or S10 5G as my upgrade from my S8 this fall
    04-10-19 07:12 PM
    i frequent places with crappy Verizon
    Thought about switching carriers? Maybe there's a GSM carrier out there, then you might not have to fight so hard to find the next phone.
    04-10-19 07:18 PM
    Thought about switching carriers? Maybe there's a GSM carrier out there, then you might not have to fight so hard to find the next phone.
    I only really experience crappy Verizon when I'm on the road in some places.. I live in the west coast of the USA and choices for cell providers are really only Verizon and AT&T out here unless I'm in a big city... at my house Verizon is the Best carrier with ATT in close second but nowhere near as good as Verizon... i'm gonna be testing out AT&T with my K1 BE to see if It's good enough to fully switch over and if it's better I'll think about switching... AT&T already has better Prepaid plans then Verizon and if AT&T isn't as good i'm gonna switch to postpaid verizon for my main device
    04-10-19 07:27 PM
    conite's warning to stay away from the 100-7 model may be good for some, but really depends on your requirements.

I wanted a dual-SIM version, that would work in Canada and the UK/Europe, and had a capacitative keyboard. I found a -7 on eBay being sold for "parts only"; the seller's ad suggested that they had supplied the phone and the buyer had returned it because there were problems with a dead battery and being unable to charge it. I decided to take a flyer on it for $109, and I'm very glad I did; I got it working (thanks to brilliant advice from regular Crackberry contributors) and updated to Oreo. Now it works just fine. And it pulls in strong signals everywhere I've taken it.

So the bottom line is, make sure whether the phone you buy actually satisfies your needs. The 100-1 wold never have kept me happy; that would have been my "stay away from this" phone.
    04-11-19 12:17 AM
    conite's warning to stay away from the 100-7 model may be good for some, but really depends on your requirements.

I wanted a dual-SIM version, that would work in Canada and the UK/Europe, and had a capacitative keyboard. I found a -7 on eBay being sold for "parts only"; the seller's ad suggested that they had supplied the phone and the buyer had returned it because there were problems with a dead battery and being unable to charge it. I decided to take a flyer on it for $109, and I'm very glad I did; I got it working (thanks to brilliant advice from regular Crackberry contributors) and updated to Oreo. Now it works just fine. And it pulls in strong signals everywhere I've taken it.

So the bottom line is, make sure whether the phone you buy actually satisfies your needs. The 100-1 wold never have kept me happy; that would have been my "stay away from this" phone.
    The problem is, the BBB100-7-002 has never seen Oreo, and may never. And the BBB100-7-001 is woefully behind in updates, and with Optiemus, they could stop at any time.
    04-11-19 05:23 AM
29 12