I have noticed that while using the preinstalled contact apps, same contacts are showing multiple times, even though I've selected a custom view in which only Google contacts should turn up. If I use the official google contacts app then there's no such problem. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Screenshot 1: google contacts
    Screenshot 2: blackberry contacts
    Attached Thumbnails BB Contacts app repetition anyone?-123065.jpg   BB Contacts app repetition anyone?-screenshot_20180514-105204.jpg  
    05-14-18 12:24 AM
    It's why I stopped using it.... that "bug" followed them from BB10.

Can try deleting the accounts and recreating them. Make sure you have the latest updated version.
    05-14-18 09:13 AM
    Yup, happen to me too when i decided to put my contacts from local ( internal) to my Google account. Now i see double contacts when i open my contact. Have to tap to my Gmail addy to see them as single. How do i fix this?
    05-14-18 08:42 PM
    I thought I was the only one!
    I didn't find any way to fix this. maybe we should start using alternate contact app. that seems to be the only way
    05-15-18 12:39 AM
    try the tree dots on right top and run double entries search, could perhaps help...also it might be, that whatsapp creates its own kind of contact...
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    05-16-18 05:06 PM
    try the tree dots on right top and run double entries search, could perhaps help...also it might be, that whatsapp creates its own kind of contact...
    Thank you so much. That did the trick.
    05-16-18 05:35 PM
    Great
    05-17-18 06:39 AM
    You mean "Duplicate Contacts" ? It shows zero and doesn't work...
    Attached Thumbnails BB Contacts app repetition anyone?-126412.jpg  
    05-17-18 10:41 AM
    I had the same trouble. had to change phone apps. contact merge apps don't seem to fix it.
    05-17-18 04:11 PM
    This is a perennial problem that keeps raising its ugly head - partly because many apps are after our contacts for their own purposes and end up with multiple versions across multiple apps. I don't understand why we can't have one definitive contact app to give us back proper control over our contact details. It is a problem affecting many OS's ncluding apple.
    AnkurTri1 likes this.
    05-17-18 04:33 PM
    You mean "Duplicate Contacts" ? It shows zero and doesn't work...
    If you have a gmail account where you got your contacts synced with - you can go into the gmail contacts via webbrowser, preferable on a PC or Mac and run the search and handling for dublicates too

I had like most of my over 400 contacts double and sometimes even triple and with these actions could manage all safe and clean - finally!
    05-17-18 05:25 PM
    If you have a gmail account where you got your contacts synced with - you can go into the gmail contacts via webbrowser, preferable on a PC or Mac and run the search and handling for dublicates too

I had like most of my over 400 contacts double and sometimes even triple and with these actions could manage all safe and clean - finally!
    I don't have any double contacts on Gmail. (Screenshot #2 first post) when i use the google contacts app/browser everything is fine.
    05-17-18 11:04 PM
    This is a perennial problem that keeps raising its ugly head - partly because many apps are after our contacts for their own purposes and end up with multiple versions across multiple apps. I don't understand why we can't have one definitive contact app to give us back proper control over our contact details. It is a problem affecting many OS's ncluding apple.
    Yes. They're bringing AI and big data, and can't even fix little problems like these!
    05-17-18 11:05 PM
    I don't have any double contacts on Gmail. (Screenshot #2 first post) when i use the google contacts app/browser everything is fine.
    When you say - google Contacts app/browser referring to the screen shot - did you also check the gmail contacts via a webbrowser on a PC or Mac?
    05-18-18 04:49 AM
    When you say - google Contacts app/browser referring to the screen shot - did you also check the gmail contacts via a webbrowser on a PC or Mac?
    Yes sir, everything is in order.
    05-18-18 06:36 AM
    Yes sir, everything is in order.
    Ok - well right now I don't know any other solutions
    05-18-18 07:02 AM
    Yes, no problem. thank you still.
    I should just not use that app
    05-18-18 07:43 AM
    If you're synchronizing contacts across more than one service, then this is a constant risk/annoyance on many platforms, including Apple, BB10 and Android.

The problem is there is no referential integrity in the updating of records across multiple independent databases. So an update in one database may or may not sync across your mobile app to the other database.

Example: You have a contact, Sam, in your outlook.com contact list, and a friend, Suzie, in your Google contact list. If you sync both lists, then the phone Contacts app will sync both Sam and Suzie to "Local" contacts, then Google and Outlook will both sync with Local Contacts so that you will now have Suzies and Sams in both Google and outlook.com. Since they all contain the exact same information, you may not have a problem, with only one displaying, but if you update only one of the records, that may create a split so that the contacts to app now sees them as separate records.

With BlackBerry contacts, you can manage this at a very granular level, by indicating which contact should sync with which app, but that has to be done on the phone and is not convenient. Every mobile contacts app that syncs with multiple services has this problem to some degree, and all handle it slightly differently.

One alternative would be to only manage contact data with native apps and not to sync them with your device.

Another alternative is to use a single service for all contacts (That's what Apple and Google want you to do.)

Yet another solution is to periodically dedupe your contacts. That's what I do.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-18 08:01 AM
    If you're synchronizing contacts across more than one service, then this is a constant risk/annoyance on many platforms, including Apple, BB10 and Android.

The problem is there is no referential integrity in the updating of records across multiple independent databases. So an update in one database may or may not sync across your mobile app to the other database.

Example: You have a contact, Sam, in your outlook.com contact list, and a friend, Suzie, in your Google contact list. If you sync both lists, then the phone Contacts app will sync both Sam and Suzie to "Local" contacts, then Google and Outlook will both sync with Local Contacts so that you will now have Suzies and Sams in both Google and outlook.com. Since they all contain the exact same information, you may not have a problem, with only one displaying, but if you update only one of the records, that may create a split so that the contacts to app now sees them as separate records.

With BlackBerry contacts, you can manage this at a very granular level, by indicating which contact should sync with which app, but that has to be done on the phone and is not convenient. Every mobile contacts app that syncs with multiple services has this problem to some degree, and all handle it slightly differently.

One alternative would be to only manage contact data with native apps and not to sync them with your device.

Another alternative is to use a single service for all contacts (That's what Apple and Google want you to do.)

Yet another solution is to periodically dedupe your contacts. That's what I do.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Ooh I see!
    Thank you so much for the insight. I will do as you say!
    05-18-18 08:22 AM