Had my KEYone couple of days now, still setting it up as I want it, coming from a PassPort and being the wrong side of 50 it takes a little bit of getting used to but it's well worth it! Anyway my question is that one of the features in the extensive menu is showing the battery life in the form of a bar on the edge of the phone, I have it turned on in the menu but it's not showing on the phone, any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 02:23 AM
    I have it turned on in the menu but it's not showing on the phone, any ideas?
    You know it only shows when charging, yeah?
    05-07-17 02:51 AM
    It only shows on mine when it is charging, I think this is how it is supposed to work, have you checked when it is charging? It should be on the right hand side of the screen.
    05-07-17 02:52 AM
    As others already said, this bar is only visible when charging the phone, to give you a quick impression how far the charging process is completed. On the Priv the device also displayed some further information on the process bar, like the estimated time until the device is fully charged.

There is no way to display that bar permanently.
    05-07-17 04:01 AM
    Question...does this phone have the ability to "swipe up and hold" to display the percentage of battery life left ?

Posted using Z30 on CB
    05-07-17 08:17 AM
    It only shows when charging and, if like the others (DTEK and Priv) when *asleep* AND not in a dark enough place that the light of the bar would bother you. So if you're plugged in and hit the power button (or the screen times out) you'll get it on the right side of the screen, IF it's light enough.

If I'm in my car, and it's on charge, for example, I get it during the day, morning and evening. After it's dark out, however I don't get it. When I plug in the phone on my nightstand it comes up, but when I shut the lights off in the room it goes away (good!)
    05-07-17 08:41 AM
    Question...does this phone have the ability to "swipe up and hold" to display the percentage of battery life left ?

Posted using Z30 on CB
    Doesn't work like that. That was a bb10 thing. It will show you when you wake your screen up without unlocking the phone though. So for example on my priv if I double tap it to wake I can see the battery status without going ahead and completely unlocking it
    05-07-17 09:11 AM
    Thanks....after seeing/looking at other screen shots figured out it was unnecessary

Posted using Z30 on CB
    05-07-17 09:25 AM
    Yeah, totally didn't know that, that's the trouble with the KEYone, it's not on charge often enough!
    Thanks everybody!
    05-07-17 09:54 AM
    I dont see this on my KEYone even when charging any Idea why??
    05-10-17 04:15 PM
    I dont see this on my KEYone even when charging any Idea why??
    I only see it on my DTEK if I unlock it before I plug the charger in.
    05-10-17 05:44 PM

Posted using Z30 on CB
    Not sure about Nougat, but in Marshmallow, in settings, you can display the percentage permanently in the battery icon. I've forgotten how I accessed it, but I did some exploring and found it, enabled it, and forgot about it.
    05-10-17 06:14 PM
    It only shows when charging and, if like the others (DTEK and Priv) when *asleep* AND not in a dark enough place that the light of the bar would bother you. So if you're plugged in and hit the power button (or the screen times out) you'll get it on the right side of the screen, IF it's light enough.

If I'm in my car, and it's on charge, for example, I get it during the day, morning and evening. After it's dark out, however I don't get it. When I plug in the phone on my nightstand it comes up, but when I shut the lights off in the room it goes away (good!)
    I just tested this out on my K1, and this is indeed how it works. With the phone plugged in, in a relatively low lit room, the side bar does not show up at all....If i double tap to wake, it still does not show up, but the second I shine a light onto the phone, the bar shows up on the right side, and when I turn the light off, it goes away...there's not percentages associated with it though, it's just a green bar running up the side of the screen.

On another note, is there any way to get the notification light to turn on when the phone is being charged?
    06-17-17 02:17 AM
    On the Priv the device also displayed some further information on the process bar, like the estimated time until the device is fully charged.

There is no way to display that bar permanently.
    I wish this would show for the KEYone too!
    10-24-17 09:34 AM