I've been a blackberry owner and user since June of 2007 (incredible how I remember that, considering I never wanted to use one before then), and have always cared about battery life maybe more than any other characteristic in a phone. BlackBerry after BlackBerry, I've never achieved the results I've read about regarding Bolds, q10s, even Passports, Privs, you name it. Besides considering many reviews to be false (regarding battery life, at least), I realized, years ago, I was a heavier user than many who review their battery performance. I currently use one outlook account and seven Gmail accounts, post a lot of news (commentary, as well) on fb, keep a lot of apps on my phone (apparently, compared to what I seem to read), whatsapp throughout the day with a LOT of people and groups, read news on my phone, and end up taking enough pictures/video, definitely viewing the same that are sent to me. I've always kept battery brightness down to 20pct (sometimes 30pct) and just accepted that as a part of life. The point is my performance was never, not with one phone, what I'd read quite a few others would achieve on theirs.

SOT is one way to measure battery life, just as is total standby time, or use when maybe the screen isn't on. That being said, I've had my KEYone for six days. Haven't even put my new media card in so my storage is about 2/3 full (haven't carried over all the media from my PRIV on SD card yet) and my ram seems to be 2/3 full or maybe a bit higher anytime ive checked this last week. Also, I'm a qc 3 user in the car or home and was a qc 2 user in the same locations for the PRIV.

Now, I've had varying sot's this week and a couple in the first few days were very high compared to anything I can remember having in previous phones, and while I'm aware SOT isn't everything (necessarily), yesterday was a day I was on my phone seemingly about the entire day straight from 10 or 11am until about 12 hrs later at the end of the night. I'm attaching screen shots because of the incredible SOT I achieved for being a HEAVY user

Please comment and, probably more importantly, send your results, comments, battery performance screen shots if you are also a heavy/heavier user.

Keyone is literally my favorite blackberry I've ever used and that's including all my bb10 devices (obviously that's a ratio of the experience relative to what's available on/in a phone at time of usage - I was a BlackBerry os guy true and through). As crummy as the earnings report for BlackBerry were, something has to get out about how solid this phone is, as I'm suddenly really worried I'll never experience this kind of joy with a phone again.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery news for HEAVY users-4197.jpg  
    06-24-17 05:45 AM
    More
    Attached Thumbnails Battery news for HEAVY users-4198.jpg  
    06-24-17 05:48 AM
    Moreee
    Attached Thumbnails Battery news for HEAVY users-4199.jpg  
    06-24-17 05:51 AM
    This. Phone. Is. A. Beast.

I just posted my findings of my "test" yesterday in another thread and I had similar results to you. SOT of 9:40 when I had 2% remaining on my phone. Absurd.
    JWW likes this.
    06-24-17 06:27 AM
    Have experienced very similar results myself!
    JWW likes this.
    06-24-17 06:33 AM
    This. Phone. Is. A. Beast.

I just posted my findings of my "test" yesterday in another thread and I had similar results to you. SOT of 9:40 when I had 2% remaining on my phone. Absurd.
    Almost left on a 24 hr trip w out a charger on purpose (don't know if I'll ever do that, though) - you're right, absurd
    AZN likes this.
    06-24-17 07:04 AM
    My phone lasts me a day to day and a half but I don't get no where near 8-9hrs SOT. How do you guys do it? Mine is usually at 3-4 hrs max
    06-24-17 08:21 AM
    I once got about 10 hours of screen time with 6-7% battery life. auto display brightness.
    06-24-17 08:34 AM
    And the current situation:
    Attached Thumbnails Battery news for HEAVY users-9451.jpg  
    06-24-17 08:47 AM
    More
    Attached Thumbnails Battery news for HEAVY users-9452.jpg  
    JWW likes this.
    06-24-17 08:48 AM
    I know that 4 hours of screen time isn't heavy use' but after one day off the charger the battery is still over 1/2 full.
    JWW likes this.
    06-24-17 08:50 AM
    I have yet to run out of power by the end of the day. I charge it overnight, unplug it in the morning, and go about my day. My SOT time is around 5 hours, but I have 40% left! So.... I don't think that 9 hours SOT is unreasonable at all.

I would consider myself a heavy user too. Lots of SMS, BBM, WhatsApp, Waze, Google Maps, 4 email accounts, the occasional phone call, news, FitBit, browser.... I'm on it alot.

Without question, the KEYone has the best battery life out of all the BlackBerry's I have owned: 9000, 9900, Z10, Passport, PRIV.... And this is even with its added capabilities. The previous OS7 and BB10 BlackBerry's couldn't do half of what the Android-powered KEYone can do.

The PRIV absolutely had the worst battery life due to the 808 SOC.

BlackBerry Mobile should promote this aspect of the KEYone. What Android-powered device can last 2 days?!
    JWW likes this.
    06-24-17 08:51 AM
    My phone lasts me a day to day and a half but I don't get no where near 8-9hrs SOT. How do you guys do it? Mine is usually at 3-4 hrs max
    Can you tell us what you're usually doing on your phone (w screen on or not)? Believe me, I always was the person in your shoes wondering the same thing
    06-24-17 09:28 AM
    I'll have to agree with the OP. Previously, I've never been able to see incredible battery life on a BB10 or BlackBerry Android phone.

I've had the KEYone since 6/1. My phone usage looks about the same as your first screen shot . Heavy, heavy usage on some days. My phone comes off the charger at 6 am or so and last until 2-4 am daily. On average I get at least 5 hours SOT while maintaining 50% battery. By the end of my night I'm usually at about 8 hours SOT with some juice to spare.
    JWW and Matt J like this.
    06-24-17 09:30 AM
    Can you tell us what you're usually doing on your phone (w screen on or not)? Believe me, I always was the person in your shoes wondering the same thing
    Regular stuff - text, Web use, emails, few videos and stream music during the day

Not sure if there's anything else I can do to increase my SOT
    06-24-17 04:05 PM
    Battery life is amazing. But like all new phones after a year the battery will degrade. By year 2 the battery life will be cut in half due to It's life cycle. That is what blows about fixed batteries.
    06-24-17 04:26 PM
    The battery life is excellent. You do have to consider usage in the stats if you really care about the details. For instance, you will get a really high screen time if you keep it on as much as possible while running the battery down in a day or so. Meanwhile, if your screen use is more modest, the phone will last multiple days, but the screen time will be lower and get taken over by the idle processes. Basically, if you focus all on screen without allowing idle time, you will get a high screen time number. If you let the phone go on for days, your screen time will be lower and the idle processes will be the primary drain.
    Bure03 and JWW like this.
    06-24-17 08:51 PM
    Battery life is amazing. But like all new phones after a year the battery will degrade. By year 2 the battery life will be cut in half due to It's life cycle. That is what blows about fixed batteries.
    So on year two it will still last longer than the Priv. Nice
    06-24-17 09:45 PM
    Seeing how the rear cover is very easy to remove, almost as if it was meant to be popped off and put back in throughout the phones lifetime. I can see people replacing their worn out batteries once the warranty period is over.
    06-25-17 12:13 AM
    This is great, nice to see people who actually use the thing heavily.

In another thread people were just posting useless Standby times of 2-3days, because they barely use the phone.

Will be great to know what people are doing on the phone, so posting both SOT and the Overview of the battery usage is good.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-25-17 05:13 AM
    The battery life is excellent. You do have to consider usage in the stats if you really care about the details. For instance, you will get a really high screen time if you keep it on as much as possible while running the battery down in a day or so. Meanwhile, if your screen use is more modest, the phone will last multiple days, but the screen time will be lower and get taken over by the idle processes. Basically, if you focus all on screen without allowing idle time, you will get a high screen time number. If you let the phone go on for days, your screen time will be lower and the idle processes will be the primary drain.
    Spot on.
    With heavy usage of my Priv in one day, I get over 5 hours screen on time, and have staggered over the 6 hours barrier on occasion. With light usage and standby time, I can go almost two days without recharging. Probably using a case with a sleep magnet helps a lot.
    Doesn't compare to the Keyone of course, but with all my phones it's ingrained behaviour to recharge overnight anyway.

Posted from my indestructible BlackBerry PlayBook™
    anon(10250369) likes this.
    06-25-17 05:28 AM
    Seeing how the rear cover is very easy to remove, almost as if it was meant to be popped off and put back in throughout the phones lifetime. I can see people replacing their worn out batteries once the warranty period is over.
    Yeah, its a feature... I'm sure there will be plenty of KEYone batteries everywhere for people to purchase and replace in their phones.
    06-25-17 05:40 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Thanks OP... I agree... best ever on a mobile.....

Posted via CB10
    JWW likes this.
    06-25-17 08:00 AM
    Spot on.
    With heavy usage of my Priv in one day, I get over 5 hours screen on time, and have staggered over the 6 hours barrier on occasion. With light usage and standby time, I can go almost two days without recharging. Probably using a case with a sleep magnet helps a lot.
    Doesn't compare to the Keyone of course, but with all my phones it's ingrained behaviour to recharge overnight anyway.

Posted from my indestructible BlackBerry PlayBook™
    Are you really posting form a PlayBook?

No way
    06-25-17 09:50 AM
    anyone else have performance screen shots to post for HEAVY users?
    06-25-17 01:15 PM
38 12