It's only been 24 hours since I updated my OS to Oreo, but it seems my battery longevity has gone up. I fully charged my phone last night, took it off the charger and went to bed. 8 hours later my phone was at 98%. My battery usually loses 4-6% overnight.

I've been at work for about 7 hours. My battery is currently at 72%. I'm usually in the mid 50% about this time of day. I did not do a wipe before doing this over the air update yesterday.

I know a single day isn't a large sample, but just curious if anyone else has noticed a longer battery life since going to Oreo. Sidenote, is my phone appears to be less laggy. Hope it stays this way.
    08-16-18 04:20 PM
    It's only been 24 hours since I updated my OS to Oreo, but it seems my battery longevity has gone up. I fully charged my phone last night, took it off the charger and went to bed. 8 hours later my phone was at 98%. My battery usually loses 4-6% overnight.

I've been at work for about 7 hours. My battery is currently at 72%. I'm usually in the mid 50% about this time of day. I did not do a wipe before doing this over the air update yesterday.

I know a single day isn't a large sample, but just curious if anyone else has noticed a longer battery life since going to Oreo. Sidenote, is my phone appears to be less laggy. Hope it stays this way.
    It’s just 1 charge for me too... but mine seems better too. I’m at 50% where I’d probably be around 40% as a reference / guess.
    08-16-18 04:49 PM
    Maybe is google is calling home less...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-16-18 05:30 PM
    with 7.1.1 I'm getting about 42hours of battery after tweaking everything and disabling most of the blackberry apps and using the phone as a GPS and playing Pokemon. so will I get a 3 day battery with oreo? let's hope so!
    08-16-18 05:45 PM

Pretty much the exact same results for me. The change is noticeable and I'm pretty pleased to see an already long battery life get even better.
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    08-16-18 05:54 PM
    Oreo has alot of underhood improvements one of which is Background Execution Limits https://www.androidcentral.com/andro...ecution-limits . When it first was introduced in Pixel et tal not many apps took advantage of Oreo under-the-hood improvements but Google later mandated that apps with active development support Oreo features by November 1st 2018.

One of the beneficial side effects of BB/TCL adopting to Oreo much later than some other OEMs is that one can see all impacts at once rather than piecemeal over months as devs get on board.
    08-16-18 05:55 PM
    I will have to agree battery life is much improved.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-16-18 05:59 PM
    I think mine has worsened a little bit. figured it's just indexing for a couple of days.
    08-16-18 06:04 PM
    Battery life is better on Oreo, hands down, by about 10% by end of day. I think Oreo just shuts down a lot of background stuff.
    08-16-18 07:26 PM
    Battery life is better on Oreo, hands down, by about 10% by end of day. I think Oreo just shuts down a lot of background stuff.
    That's one thing iOS has over Android is the ability to stop apps from running in the background.
    08-16-18 08:52 PM
    That's one thing iOS has over Android is the ability to stop apps from running in the background.
    Maybe not anymore. I think Oreo may have finally mastered it.
    08-16-18 08:54 PM
    I've been running Oreo for three full days via the Mobile Upgrade Tool. I've had two days of strictly WiFi usage and one full day of no WiFi. My phone has the exact same settings as I had on Android N except for Night Mode. I can definitively state that my battery is better by no less than 30%.
    Last edited by j21jam6; 08-17-18 at 07:12 AM.
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    08-17-18 01:15 AM
    This is very good news, and it should help the now 1 year old KEYone batteries to run about as good as when new. If the design capacity is 3505mAh, I'd say a 1 year old unit used daily would be at around 3200mAh or so, so nice to see that Oreo helps counter that
    08-17-18 06:01 AM
    did OTA Oreo install wipe home screen customizations and folders of links ?
    08-17-18 07:27 AM
    did OTA Oreo install wipe home screen customizations and folders of links ?
    No. Everything came back as it was. Nothing was changed.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    08-17-18 07:39 AM
    For me it's 10 to 11 hours of screen on time with data, GPS high accuracy, and bluetooth turned on all time. It's better than nougat. At least smoother.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-17-18 07:47 AM
    My battery life has always been so incredible with my KEYone (and Passport and Z30 before that) that I guess I just stopped paying attention.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-17-18 07:50 AM
    Well I look to be in the minority here. It's only been a bit over a day but I've move backward with battery life. Standby drain had never been as good as my last iPhone but on screen was incredible. Early indications point to probably 6 hours on screen now as opposed to almost 10 before the upgrade. I've switch most app location and notification services off and I don't use any social media just as before. I'll give it a week and see if things get any better.
    08-17-18 10:19 AM
    I'm seeing much worse battery life after Oreo update on unlocked BE on ATT. On 7.0 I would see 60-70% at the end of the day, on 8.1 I'm down to 30-40%. Still sorting through settings but so far everything is set back like it was. Not all that impressed.
    08-17-18 12:15 PM
    Most of these battery drain issues are probably because the OS is still settling in an syncing. I would give it a week and then judge. For some reason my battery life improved immediately. I didn't do a clean install, and installed on top of Nougat. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    08-17-18 12:35 PM
    The one thing I have noticed, is that I have location on, and let Google track it. (yeah I know - but it's actually useful to me, and my life is pretty dull, that my location is no secret!)

Previously I got a data point every 15 seconds or so. Sometimes every 30 seconds when I was out and about.

Now it only seems to be recording about every 2 minutes or so - and the accuracy seems lower.

I don't see that any settings are changed.

Personally, I'd prefer a little less battery, and a little more data! Perhaps there's a switch somewhere ...
    08-17-18 02:53 PM
    now mine has improved. just as I thought. needed a day or so to settle down.
    Last edited by prplhze2000; 08-19-18 at 08:26 AM.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-17-18 08:38 PM
    After clearing the cache on some apps batt life has improved some, still not back to 7.0 levels. I hope the rocket scientist that decided it was better to dump the cache by going into each app instead of one click in internal memory is working somewhere else now.

A google search will show that battery drain is an issue with 8.0 and 8.1.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-18-18 04:16 PM
    Well I look to be in the minority here. It's only been a bit over a day but I've move backward with battery life. Standby drain had never been as good as my last iPhone but on screen was incredible. Early indications point to probably 6 hours on screen now as opposed to almost 10 before the upgrade. I've switch most app location and notification services off and I don't use any social media just as before. I'll give it a week and see if things get any better.
    IPhone? Is that some new house phone option?
    08-18-18 08:44 PM
    I never had good battery life on my KEYone or on the replacement. Now with the Key2 it seems better but I'm still charging when I get down to 50% cause I don't want to end up with no battery.
    08-18-18 09:20 PM
28 12