Anyone else have been experiencing battery life issues?

After I updated my keyone to Oreo I noticed the battery was draining quickly since day 1.

Now, I'm not able to make it through one day since I updated.

With nougat I made easily through one day of heavy use and two days of light use without needing to charge and still pretty much never make it under 15%. But now I can't make it to a single day of light use.

Chek this out, my battery percentage was down 6% in 15 minutes everything after the Oreo update.

Anyone else with this problem or is it just me?
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life in Oreo-87876.jpg  
    09-18-18 10:20 AM
    Anyone else have been experiencing battery life issues?

After I updated my keyone to Oreo I noticed the battery was draining quickly since day 1.

Now, I'm not able to make it through one day since I updated.

With nougat I made easily through one day of heavy use and two days of light use without needing to charge and still pretty much never make it under 15%. But now I can't make it to a single day of light use.

Chek this out, my battery percentage was down 6% in 15 minutes everything after the Oreo update.

Anyone else with this problem or is it just me?
    YesBattery life in Oreo-screenshot_20180918-102649.jpg
    09-18-18 10:32 AM
    Sometimes an OS update, such as Nougat to Oreo, can cause strange issues. It's pretty common to need to do a Factory Reset after to clear up any lingering bugs. Before doing this, have you tried just rebooting the phone since the update? If so, and the issue persists, you may need to do a Factory Reset.
    09-18-18 01:37 PM
    Sometimes an OS update, such as Nougat to Oreo, can cause strange issues. It's pretty common to need to do a Factory Reset after to clear up any lingering bugs. Before doing this, have you tried just rebooting the phone since the update? If so, and the issue persists, you may need to do a Factory Reset.
    I have the same battery issue, also after factory rest. Usually I do factory rest 2 time after any update. The battery can stand for 12- 15 hours max with little use
    09-18-18 02:42 PM
    YesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180918-102649.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	440172
    You have almost 2 hours of SoT with only 17% battery use. That's really good.
    yamahammer likes this.
    09-18-18 04:11 PM
    You have almost 2 hours of SoT with only 17% battery use. That's really good.
    I do beg to differ with only my own statistics to rely upon. I need to charge the phone two or three times in a 24 hour. With Oreo well in my past experience with Nougat I would need to charge the phone 0 times during a day and occasionally charge it late in the evening before I finished. In fact there were times with light use during the day that I would go through until the morning. My usage has not changed one iota.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 09-18-18 at 05:14 PM.
    Axeluno likes this.
    09-18-18 04:19 PM
    I do big two different with only my own statistics to rely upon. I need to charge the phone two or three times in a 24 hour. With Oreo well in my past experience with Nougat I would need to charge the phone 0 times during a day and occasionally charge it late in the evening before I finished. In fact there were times with light use during the day that I would go through until the morning. My usage has not changed one iota.
    Do a battery level check as you have done but this time tap on the 3 dots at top right and select full device usage and scroll down and take a screenshot of the device usage. Please post.
    09-18-18 04:26 PM
    I do big two different with only my own statistics to rely upon. I need to charge the phone two or three times in a 24 hour. With Oreo well in my past experience with Nougat I would need to charge the phone 0 times during a day and occasionally charge it late in the evening before I finished. In fact there were times with light use during the day that I would go through until the morning. My usage has not changed one iota.
    Did you do the factory reset?

But if you can get 7-8 hours of SoT in a day - that's pretty much the max. No different from Nougat. As a matter of fact, the battery management is slightly improved on Oreo.
    09-18-18 04:45 PM

But if you can get 7-8 hours of SoT in a day - that's pretty much the max. No different from Nougat. As a matter of fact, the battery management is slightly improved on Oreo.
    What's got me is his screenshot is the time left, only 2:50 hours. For that to happen having used only 17% of the battery at that point he would have to been using something really, really power intensive in the moments leading up to the screenshot.
    09-18-18 05:07 PM

Factory reset wipes the links in numerous pages of home screen that BlackBerry or whatever minions have refused to offer a means of backing up. The annoyance is extreme, to me. A factory reset... I'd rather eat dirt. Nougat was what came on the device and Oreo was shoved down my throat with a thick red rubber tube and a funnel in the guise of a monthly security update and I am looking pissed I could not avoid that which I dreaded and my anticipation has been fully fulfilled...
    09-18-18 05:18 PM
    Do a battery level check as you have done but this time tap on the 3 dots at top right and select full device usage and scroll down and take a screenshot of the device usage. Please post.
    Don't see muchBattery life in Oreo-screenshot_20180918-172053.jpg
    09-18-18 05:22 PM
    Don't see muchClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180918-172053.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	440180
    How are you getting into advanced battery settings? When I use Check Battery Level showing fully device usage this what I see.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life in Oreo-notable-00048.jpg  
    09-18-18 05:38 PM
    How are you getting into advanced battery settings? When I use Check Battery Level showing fully device usage this what I see.
    Lower downBattery life in Oreo-screenshot_20180918-174452.jpg
    09-18-18 05:46 PM
    Lower downClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180918-174452.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	440182
    The biggest issue I see is that you have ambient display enabled. Your sleep time is set to 5 minutes so everytime you get a notification the screen stays on for 5 minutes.
    09-18-18 05:58 PM
    no change at all
    09-19-18 05:44 AM
    no change at all
    What did you change?
    09-19-18 08:00 PM
    I have the same battery life on Oreo. some claim to have better than Nougat but not me. I'm fine with that. Other changes I dont like but it lags LESS now. Lol
    09-19-18 08:18 PM
    The biggest issue I see is that you have ambient display enabled. Your sleep time is set to 5 minutes so everytime you get a notification the screen stays on for 5 minutes.
    If ambient display is off, battery edge doesn't display. Since the battery status bar icon is no longer animated during charge in Oreo, there is no way to see if charging or not without looking elsewhere... As for screen awakening for notifications, only LED shows as screen is not set to awaken.
    09-20-18 06:03 AM
    If ambient display is off, battery edge doesn't display. Since the battery status bar icon is no longer animated during charge in Oreo, there is no way to see if charging or not without looking elsewhere... As for screen awakening for notifications, only LED shows as screen is not set to awaken.
    ??
    First of all the charge icon has a lightning bolt when charging. Secondly the green side bar turns on without turning on ambient display as long as it's not dark. On top of that is not ambient display only effective on OLED screens?

I'm beginning to believe that Oreo is not the issue here...
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life in Oreo-notable-00049.jpg  
    Last edited by yamahammer; 09-20-18 at 10:01 PM.
    09-20-18 10:19 AM