I'll report back tomorrow on the following changes I've done tonight:

Set screen brightness to 25% with adaptive brightness and ambient display notifications turned off, deleted Facebook and Facebook Messenger and installed Metal to replace Facebook and FB Messenger.

I've read that Facebook is resource hungry so I got that removed.

I know I can get through a days worth, I was just concerned that I was going at my current rate to have 3 hours of screen on time before my battery gets depleted.

Edit: Also seeing as there are some people on here that use the Facebook app, use Snapchat and are using BlackBerry Hub, among other things boggles my mind as to how they're getting substantially better battery life than what I'm able to muster. I did just get the K1 on Friday, so it has had several charge cycles in between. Not a whole lot of apps running in the background for me besides Gmail push, 1hr weather updates for AccuWeather home screen widget and Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat push notifications (the last two I rarely use at all).
    tmommy likes this.
    08-02-17 12:29 AM
    Give it at least a week for the device to settle in..i have fb, messenger, instagram, whatsapp, wechat and other social apps installed (first 4 I use very often), 2 email accounts.. total of 81apps installed. I often hit 5 hours of SOT with 20% left..

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 08:21 AM

This is what I have so far. 11% in 5 hours with less than 30 minutes of screen on time. Does this seem normal or excessive? At this pace, I'm good for 5 hours of screen on time before the battery goes dead.

Thoughts?
    08-02-17 01:43 PM
    Hey all, just got my KEYone. The first real day after getting my phone I saw battery life was alright. It wasn't as great as everybody hyped it up to be. I read some threads, disabled the Hub. It got a little bit better, but still ho-hum battery life. I'm getting about 2 hours of screen on time and about 60% battery life left. I work in the automotive industry so I don't use my phone all that often, only during down time I'll check Facebook, maybe reply to a couple of BBM messages. RARELY ever use Snapchat. I've even cleared my recent apps list to try and kill apps that could be running in the background. I have Gmail set to push emails (which are horrifically delayed on this compared to other Android and iOS devices I've used).

What seems to be going on? Any tips/help I can get?

Thanks!
    Do you need to have location services on all the time? I find that if I leave it turned off except when prompted by an app I can get pretty good battery life (maybe 50% over 24 hours). I play a lot of Candy Crush, though.
    08-02-17 01:54 PM
    Do you need to have location services on all the time? I find that if I leave it turned off except when prompted by an app I can get pretty good battery life (maybe 50% over 24 hours). I play a lot of Candy Crush, though.
    I only use it once every hour for a weather check widget on my homescreen. GPS was barely used during my time at work so far!

My mom is obsessed with Candy Crush, never got into it. Lol
    08-02-17 01:56 PM
    I get 24HR to 33HR battery time. however I discovered using accu weather widgets took me to an average of 16HR per day. Got rid of weather widgets keep accu weather off unless needed. otherwise I use Facebook, Facebook messages, instagram, and surf the web on a regular basis during the day. all notification turned on and I constantly turn on my screen for a work app. The widgets kill the keyone battery life. Outside of optimized all apps I use the blackberry power Center app to set energy saving mode for power hungry Apps life youtube, Facebook and accu weather
    08-02-17 02:08 PM
    I get a minimum of 5 hours sot , easily.

no blackberry services , no Facebook

most of my apps are Foss
    08-02-17 02:16 PM
    I get 24HR to 33HR battery time. however I discovered using accu weather widgets took me to an average of 16HR per day. Got rid of weather widgets keep accu weather off unless needed. otherwise I use Facebook, Facebook messages, instagram, and surf the web on a regular basis during the day. all notification turned on and I constantly turn on my screen for a work app. The widgets kill the keyone battery life. Outside of optimized all apps I use the blackberry power Center app to set energy saving mode for power hungry Apps life youtube, Facebook and accu weather
    I'll try killing the widget to see if that helps!
    08-02-17 02:29 PM
    I do it because I don't have an unlimited data plan. I pay $35 a month for 4gb of high speed data on Cricket. Plus I see the phone just fine at 25% brightness.
    08-02-17 02:33 PM
    I only use it once every hour for a weather check widget on my homescreen. GPS was barely used during my time at work so far!

My mom is obsessed with Candy Crush, never got into it. Lol
    My weather app (AccuWeather) does prompt me for location services when I open it but it's easy enough to turn them off again when I'm done. I just point out Candy Crush because it was a total battery eater on my Passport and it does suck it up (relatively) on the K1.
    08-02-17 03:13 PM
    I have been getting by a few times within two days and one battery charge.
    Main reason: I don't have my screen brightness cranked way up.

Admittedly, I did get crazy with installing a number of apps and saw my battery life take a hit, but still lasted one full day on one charge.
    Believe the Hype.
    Crazy thing is... it's true. The Force. The Jedi... K1 battery life. .... All of it... It's all true.
    08-03-17 12:57 PM
    I have been getting by a few times within two days and one battery charge.
    Main reason: I don't have my screen brightness cranked way up.

Admittedly, I did get crazy with installing a number of apps and saw my battery life take a hit, but still lasted one full day on one charge.
    Believe the Hype.
    Crazy thing is... it's true. The Force. The Jedi... K1 battery life. .... All of it... It's all true.
    Screen brightness reduced to 25%.

This is after 30 minutes of screen on time
    08-03-17 01:02 PM
    Wow! That is a sharp decline!
    Where are your percentages for running apps and the like?
    Currently I have Android System at 5%
    Android OS 3%
    Phone Idle 3%
    Screen 3%
    Google Play Service 2%
    BlackBerry Hub+ Services 2%
    etc.

My GPS is off most of the time.

When you hit the three dots in the top right hand corner, under Battery Optimzations, how many exceptions (not optimized) apps do you have listed?
    There are three mandatory ones:
    Download Manager
    Google Play Services
    Updates

Love your screenshots!
    08-03-17 02:55 PM
    OP without being an expert, let me throw my hat into the ring and say it is almost certainly Sprint and weak signal in your garage that's contributing. Are you able to just use Wifi?

Sprint users might hate me for saying this...

It is really the worst carrier. The worst coverage, the worst customer service. I have been told so many stories. T Mobile at least offers the free WiFi talk and text, so you can literally turn off the radio and LTE when needed.

I have experimented over and over on different carriers and weak radio/cell signal is a FAST battery drain on almost any device. Maybe the iPhone 7 had a slightly better antenna than K1.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-17 03:07 PM
    I know sprint sucks. Here's my screenshots of apps:

Edit: here's my non-optomized apps.
    Last edited by ktrazy91; 08-03-17 at 07:27 PM.
    08-03-17 03:15 PM
    I didn't know there were separate apps for voicemail and caller id. Are those thirdparty you downloaded?
    Also @BeautyEh, makes a good point. If you are getting weak signals (or dropped connections) and your phone is constantly working hard to reconnect or maintain a good signal, this could lead to a lot of battery usage! This is a known problem with any carrier...it just depends what strong signal strength is available where you spend most of your time.

Your apps look normal from what I can tell.
    08-03-17 08:31 PM
    I didn't know there were separate apps for voicemail and caller id. Are those thirdparty you downloaded?
    Also @BeautyEh, makes a good point. If you are getting weak signals (or dropped connections) and your phone is constantly working hard to reconnect or maintain a good signal, this could lead to a lot of battery usage! This is a known problem with any carrier...it just depends what strong signal strength is available where you spend most of your time.

Your apps look normal from what I can tell.
    Those are Sprint-loaded apps that I cannot disable or uninstall. I guess I'm stuck getting crappy battery life until I live and work closer to the Twin Cities!
    08-03-17 08:36 PM
    So after 6 hours off charge you have depleted 20% of your battery. Using your phone in the same manner will give you 30 hours of battery life. But also looking at your screenshots you definitely don't seem to using your phone. If you were using it for any reason other than just calling the screen would be the number one user of battery.
    08-03-17 08:46 PM
    Can you get away with using WiFi instead sometimes?
    Does Sprint maybe even support WiFi calling?
    08-03-17 08:46 PM
    So after 6 hours off charge you have depleted 20% of your battery. Using your phone in the same manner will give you 30 hours of battery life. But also looking at your screenshots you definitely don't seem to using your phone. If you were using it for any reason other than just calling the screen would be the number one user of battery.
    Honestly while at work I use my phone to kill time and browse through Facebook quick, reply to a message or two, or check the time. Thats pretty much it, and for such a light use I'd expect the battery to not drain as fast as I thought it would.

As for WiFi calling, Sprint doesn't support it. Currently T-Mobile and Verizon support it.

Edit: I guess Sprint does support WiFi Calling, but the BlackBerry KEYone is currently not supported.
    Hello there! Actually, the KEYone is not currently Wi-Fi Calling capable. The feature should, however, be added via a future Maintenance Release. I apologize if any inconvenience has been caused due to this. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kelvin
    Sprint Social Care
    08-03-17 08:49 PM
    Honestly while at work I use my phone to kill time and browse through Facebook quick, reply to a message or two, or check the time. Thats pretty much it, and for such a light use I'd expect the battery to not drain as fast as I thought it would.

As for WiFi calling, Sprint doesn't support it. Currently T-Mobile and Verizon support it.

Edit: I guess Sprint does support WiFi Calling, but the BlackBerry KEYone is currently not supported.
    Just put your phone into airplane mode when you're not using it at work.
    08-03-17 09:54 PM
    Kelvin of Sprint "Social Care" seems to be implying that KeyOne doesn't have WiFi calling capabilities in general. This isn't true. I happen to be on TMO.
    Don't blame the device Sprint. It's you. :-)
    08-04-17 09:15 AM
    I'm trying today at work with just wifi and in airplane mode to see how the battery does without the radio antenna turned on constantly searching for a better signal. I'll report back
    08-04-17 10:56 AM

So far with airplane mode I'm on track for almost 2 days of power. Definitely signal strength and radio sucking down all the power.

Thanks for all the help, guys!
    08-04-17 12:04 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1667163f50.jpg
    So far with airplane mode I'm on track for almost 2 days of power. Definitely signal strength and radio sucking down all the power.

Thanks for all the help, guys!
    I assume that you're not allowed to make or take calls at work (like me) and if so why keep the phone live? Of course if you're expecting a call from the lotteries about your big win I'd say take it off airplane mode! I hope that when you move the signal strength will be better and eat less battery.
    08-04-17 03:16 PM
54 123