Hello good people of cracktown with keyone.

First off, I'm in love with BB again, even though I never left.

I have a question for the new owners, how is ur battery life so far? I know it's too soon and it needs time to settle in and more.

But I find it draining pretty fast? Did it settle in after a while?

Also, to the crackberry team, any word on the original oem cases,pouch? I pre-ordered it but waiting to hear when to expect it.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life?-screenshot_20170601-004031.jpg  
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-31-17 11:43 PM
    Your hub+ services seem to be using a lot of battery but as you said could syncing and needs to settle.
    Nathan Conley and pre456 like this.
    05-31-17 11:46 PM
    Hello good people of cracktown with keyone.

First off, I'm in love with BB again, even though I never left.

I have a question for the new owners, how is ur battery life so far? I know it's too soon and it needs time to settle in and more.

But I find it draining pretty fast? Did it settle in after a while?

Also, to the crackberry team, any word on the original oem cases,pouch? I pre-ordered it but waiting to hear when to expect it.
    I wouldn't worry just yet. The hub number that you are showing confirms to a degree that your phone hasn't "settled" or optimized yet.

Hub for me on the Priv is a 2-3% drain item in "normal" usage. Photos is a 0% item normally. Obviously a lot of syncing is going on.
    pre456 likes this.
    05-31-17 11:58 PM
    Here's my battery life today with 21 hour idle time as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life?-5059.jpg  
    Nathan Conley, pre456 and mrisad like this.
    05-31-17 11:59 PM
    Dyam, good stuff people. Thanks!
    06-01-17 12:12 AM
    pre456 and Resilience: Would you care for doing a benchmark to get a real comparison of batterys? See my thread here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...hmark-1109757/

Sorry for bumping this up, but even though the thread a just a few days old, you won't find it anymore until you explicitly search for it.
    06-01-17 01:34 AM
    Well mine is not what everybody said before. 2 days is BS. Mine I take off charge 6 am and 1 day I had to put it back on charge 3pm. Other than that 10-11 pm it has 8-6%
    So yeah.
    06-01-17 08:57 AM
    Well mine is not what everybody said before. 2 days is BS. Mine I take off charge 6 am and 1 day I had to put it back on charge 3pm. Other than that 10-11 pm it has 8-6%
    So yeah.
    You have to take those claims with a grain of salt. One of the posters in here posted a screen shot of two day battery life. Basically what was happening is that he wasn't using the phone. I'm sure the battery is better than most phones, but be honest with yourself. BlackBerry hasn't figured out some magical way to make a battery last longer than anyone else. They put a large battery in an Android phone and it's going to give you a little more juice than phones with similar chipsets and screens. Be happy if you get a days worth of use, that's still pretty good.
    06-01-17 11:23 AM
    You have to take those claims with a grain of salt. One of the posters in here posted a screen shot of two day battery life. Basically what was happening is that he wasn't using the phone. I'm sure the battery is better than most phones, but be honest with yourself. BlackBerry hasn't figured out some magical way to make a battery last longer than anyone else. They put a large battery in an Android phone and it's going to give you a little more juice than phones with similar chipsets and screens. Be happy if you get a days worth of use, that's still pretty good.
    Oh I didn't want to sound like I complain about it. All I am trying to say is that it is not 2 day battery like everybody were claiming from the beginning. It is better than lousy galaxy s7 battery no doubt, but realistically it is good 1 day battery.
    06-01-17 11:32 AM
    Here's my battery life today with 21 hour idle time as well.
    damn that's really good. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm at 71% with 1 hour 48 mins of screen on time. I just bought it brand new yesterday and this is on the first charge.

Battery life?-screenshot_20170601-122504.pngBattery life?-screenshot_20170601-122508.png
    06-01-17 11:32 AM
    damn that's really good. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm at 71% with 1 hour 48 mins of screen on time. I just bought it brand new yesterday and this is on the first charge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170601-122504.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	424333Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170601-122508.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	424334
    You are fine. Same here. All others have just only turned on the brand new phone just to test battery without installing anything or synced any emails. Or texts or calls or whatever
    06-01-17 11:47 AM
    ok that's cool. I have 3 push emails, facebook, twitter, fb messenger, instagram, don't use snapchat. Hub running. I want more people to chime in to this forum so that we have a good understanding of where we stand in terms of our individual battery life compared to the average.
    06-01-17 11:55 AM
    You are fine. Same here. All others have just only turned on the brand new phone just to test battery without installing anything or synced any emails. Or texts or calls or whatever
    I also agree the battery life is hyped. Here a CBK article:

https://crackberry.com/people-are-lo...KioCOcyQ3MB.97Battery life?-keyone-battery-life.jpg

You can totally see he's on battery saver (red status bar). I wonder how long he's been on battery saver. If you look at his drainage, he's not using the phone like a poweruser. I feel like I could get the same battery life out of my iphone 7+.

ok this makes me feel better. a little bit. 2 day battery life would have been amazing tho.
    06-01-17 11:59 AM

https://crackberry.com/people-are-lo...KioCOcyQ3MB.97Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keyone-battery-life.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	424336

You can totally see he's on battery saver (red status bar). I wonder how long he's been on battery saver. If you look at his drainage, he's not using the phone like a poweruser. I feel like I could get the same battery life out of my iphone 7+.

ok this makes me feel better. a little bit. 2 day battery life would have been amazing tho.
    Yup. That's what I am trying to say. I use a lot. I run business and have to call about 50-70 calls a day. Plus emails and texts.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life?-2447.jpg  
    06-01-17 12:02 PM

https://crackberry.com/people-are-lo...KioCOcyQ3MB.97Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keyone-battery-life.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	424336

It's not hyped , I had my phone for 3 weeks.

You just got your phone, you need to let your phone settle and I don't use battery saver or any blackberry services stuff except the keyboard.

I also disable and delete any apps I don't use.

I have 4 emails on my phone, I don't use Facebook.

Snapchat ig whatsapp signal
    06-01-17 12:13 PM
    It's not hyped , I had my phone for 3 weeks.

You just got your phone, you need to let your phone settle and I don't use battery saver or any blackberry services stuff except the keyboard.

I also disable and delete any apps I don't use.

I have 4 emails on my phone, I don't use Facebook.

Snapchat ig whatsapp signal
    Hey thanks for your stating your experience. Gives me hope. But what I don't understand is what people on here mean by 'settle in'? I've done all my updates, I've synced everything, what else is left to settle that will take a few days? But damn, I hope you're right.
    06-01-17 12:57 PM
    Hey thanks for your stating your experience. Gives me hope. But what I don't understand is what people on here mean by 'settle in'? I've done all my updates, I've synced everything, what else is left to settle that will take a few days? But damn, I hope you're right.
    It's kind of like the cars ecu , it learns through driving and how to program itself.

It really depends how often you use your phone , if you are on it a lot then yeah you will get really good screen on time , if you arent you will get really good idle time.

All depends on the user and also what is being used in the background while your phone is on and off.

The first charge I got on my phone was 7 hour sot , 27 hour idle with 15% left.

I tend to charge my phone at 15%
    06-01-17 01:05 PM
    I got my phone yesterday morning - messed around with it for the morning to check setup, notifications and settings etc. then did a factory reset (I like to keep things setup clean). Reinstalled apps and charged overnight.

I pulled the plug at 6am this morning and as of 2:30pm this afternoon I am sitting at 81% with a projection of 1 day and 11 hours left. So that is about one day and 19hours of actual and projected.

I will say that this has not been my typical day for use - just happen to be at my desk most of the day focused on other things. So I would say I am not expecting this to hit the projection once I sit down this evening for news, videos, social media etc. There is no question it will take a hit but I am beyond impressed so far - its so odd to be sitting at over 80% at this time of day - usually I am plugging in out of habit knowing my phone won't last into the evening.

I would also note that I have shut off all unnecessary notifications, have to screen just below half on adaptive (that level seems to work for me) as well I have data saver on for when I am off wifi which I assume not only minimizes data but perhaps eases up on the battery.
    06-01-17 01:38 PM
    I got my phone yesterday morning - messed around with it for the morning to check setup, notifications and settings etc. then did a factory reset (I like to keep things setup clean). Reinstalled apps and charged overnight.

I pulled the plug at 6am this morning and as of 2:30pm this afternoon I am sitting at 81% with a projection of 1 day and 11 hours left. So that is about one day and 19hours of actual and projected.

I will say that this has not been my typical day for use - just happen to be at my desk most of the day focused on other things. So I would say I am not expecting this to hit the projection once I sit down this evening for news, videos, social media etc. There is no question it will take a hit but I am beyond impressed so far - its so odd to be sitting at over 80% at this time of day - usually I am plugging in out of habit knowing my phone won't last into the evening.

I would also note that I have shut off all unnecessary notifications, have to screen just below half on adaptive (that level seems to work for me) as well I have data saver on for when I am off wifi which I assume not only minimizes data but perhaps eases up on the battery.
    what's your SOT right now?
    06-01-17 01:57 PM
    Just over an hour and a half
    06-01-17 02:29 PM
    It's also worth mentioning, that Google were the ones who added better battery optimizations with Android 7.0+, not BlackBerry. There are further optimizations coming with O.

Natually, people should have better battery life on a Nougat device then on a Marshmallow device or even a BB10 device.
    06-01-17 02:51 PM
    It's also worth mentioning, that Google were the ones who added better battery optimizations with Android 7.0+, not BlackBerry. There are further optimizations coming with O.

Natually, people should have better battery life on a Nougat device then on a Marshmallow device or even a BB10 device.
    Should, but android apps still need a lot of optimizations to drain less battery
    06-01-17 03:06 PM
    Yeah it is definitely good. I've had mine for a while. 6HR SOT easy with around 15-20% left is norm.
    06-01-17 03:20 PM
    Fresh device only connected to WiFi and playing looping 4K video for testing with virtually no apps installed belowBattery life?-1496348610894.jpg
    06-01-17 03:24 PM
    Fresh device only connected to WiFi and playing looping 4K video for testing with virtually no apps installed belowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1496348610894.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	424348
    Hold power button and volume rocker down at the same time for about a sec or two
    mrisad likes this.
    06-01-17 03:31 PM
38 12