So I dropped my KeyOne from a short height and it broke the digitizer. Fortunately I found this site and a cheap way to replace it. Thanks so much everyone for your help.

But! when back together, the phone was on for only about 2 minutes (77% battery) before just shutting off, pure black. When I tried to turn it back on it just showed me the opening Blackberry screen and shut back off. I got a yellow (maybe greenish) LED and it wouldn't turn on again, even to that first screen.

I guessed that was the bad-battery indicator, and the battery drained based on the journey it had been on, but after a long charge nothing changed. I guessed again, maybe something in the maintenance shorted the battery, and I was all set to buy a new one when I popped off the back, and once half the screws were out the power button worked and it ran fine. I put everything back together, but as soon as the battery screws went back in, I got that LED again.

So right now I'm running it without the battery screws in. I think? maybe? my screwdriver magnetized the screws, and that charged the electricity coming in to the phone enough that the voltage looks wrong and so won't run? I don't know. It's running, but I'm worried a bad knock will disconnect the battery or burn through connections and brick the phone.

Any ideas?
    11-13-19 11:17 PM
    Update! The phone worked fine for about 12 hours. I charged it overnight. This morning I used it for about an hour and then it went dead again. When plugging it in, I get that LED and the first Blackberry screen, then back to off . I tried popping the back and fidgeting with the battery connection and nothing.
    11-14-19 10:09 AM
    Sadly it might not have only been the screen that was damaged from the drop, or in replacing it you might have damaged something else....

I'd tear it apart again and check all the connection (which you said you have done already). Maybe unplug the battery for a bit, and plug it back in.
    11-14-19 10:37 AM
    Possibly Final Update!

For the past month I've been leaving my phone plugged in with the back cover off. It would stay on for a random time, 1 day to a week, before something would glitch and I'd be stuck with that yellow/green LED. I'd fidget with the battery connection and I could get it to turn back on for a time, but whenever I put the back cover on it would usually shut off within a minute to 2 hours.

I bought a new battery and replaced it using a hair dryer to melt the glue that kept it in place (more suggestions from the site, thanks again). When pulling the extra glue out of the phone, there was a strange black bit that pulled off with it and I was soooo worried that was important but there were no metal bits so I'm guessing? it was from the method they used to apply the glue...

Anyway my phone has been functioning mostly-perfectly for 14 hours with the back cover on. I drove around a bit and walked a bit and gamed and nothing's glitched yet. So maybe hopefully everything's repaired and it just needed a new screen and battery.
    I'll be back later if something new/else's broken, and I'm going to treat it gently because it's been through a lot.

Thanks again for your help.
    12-09-19 11:51 AM
    when I changed my swolen battery that popped the back plate right off, it was glued in. without heat, I pried slowly and it came loose (it had been running hot for weeks and I guess it did the job itself). I put the new battery in. all is well, but for the backplate which doesn't hold at the bottom half. I bought a new back plate which was about 1mm too long (yes, the top is well inserted under the upper bezel and snapped correctly, and yes, the center post is clicked in) so I went back to the old one. I cover the phone back with an Amzer soft sleeve, so it's OK... so far, so good.
    12-09-19 04:40 PM